Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2019 3* Grad Transfer WR La'Michael Pettway

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Seems odd to leave a Chad Morris offense where you lead the team in receptions and yardage.

I don't know of his intentions but have always heard it is better to get your graduate degree at a different school than your undergrad academically to broaden your learning.  That may not always hold true but I can see the reasoning.  Maybe it is an academic choice. 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

as this guy got the same speed as Slayton?

Doubt it but that's not necessarily a prerequisite for the X WR positions. Coaches typically want a big, physical WR there.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

any word on why he wants to transfer?

Well after a 2-10 season followed by at least 10 other players transfers out it would be logical to assume there was some chemistry issues on last year's Arky team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Seems odd to leave a Chad Morris offense where you lead the team in receptions and yardage.

He was tied for most catches with 30 last year.  Has a total of 37 receptions for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns in three years.  I'm assuming the transition from what was a severely run heavy offense under Bielema hasn't been what Pettway was hoping for.  It would not surprise me if he might have been talked out of leaving last year.  If he comes to Auburn I would not expect him to be a 5 star with three years of SEC experience.  That's just not who he is and based on what's there, I don't believe he will be a game changer per se.

I hope the unknowns around our QB situation doesn't keep us from pulling in a GT WR. We could really use some experience at the outside WR position. 

19 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He was tied for most catches with 30 last year.  Has a total of 37 receptions for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns in three years.  I'm assuming the transition from what was a severely run heavy offense under Bielema hasn't been what Pettway was hoping for.  It would not surprise me if he might have been talked out of leaving last year.  If he comes to Auburn I would not expect him to be a 5 star with three years of SEC experience.  That's just not who he is and based on what's there, I don't believe he will be a game changer per se.

That could be true, but he can't be thinking he's going to catch 30 balls here next year.

I think he is way underrated and wherever he lands, he will be a factor in that team's passing game. I like our chances and hope we can win out over OSU.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, AUBwins said:

I don't know of his intentions but have always heard it is better to get your graduate degree at a different school than your undergrad academically to broaden your learning.  That may not always hold true but I can see the reasoning.  Maybe it is an academic choice. 

If this is a determining factor for him with regard for the quality and academic standards, Auburn wins out hands down. I am sure OSU is a decent school, but his graduate degree from Auburn will mean far more than what he would get at OSU.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

Both, more than likely.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

Also looking at Europe at the moment for an OT some good prospects in Germany last I heard

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

No on the juco. Maybe on the grad transfer if Gus finds one he likes.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, augolf1716 said:

Also looking at Europe at the moment for an OT some good prospects in Germany last I heard

Gus needs to go on “vacation” to the Pacific Islands and accidentally bump into some huge sumo wrestler-type guys who’s dream is to go to college in the states.   

• Like 2