ellitor

2019 3* Grad Transfer WR La'Michael Pettway

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Seems odd to leave a Chad Morris offense where you lead the team in receptions and yardage.

I don't know of his intentions but have always heard it is better to get your graduate degree at a different school than your undergrad academically to broaden your learning.  That may not always hold true but I can see the reasoning.  Maybe it is an academic choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

as this guy got the same speed as Slayton?

Doubt it but that's not necessarily a prerequisite for the X WR positions. Coaches typically want a big, physical WR there.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

any word on why he wants to transfer?

Well after a 2-10 season followed by at least 10 other players transfers out it would be logical to assume there was some chemistry issues on last year's Arky team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Seems odd to leave a Chad Morris offense where you lead the team in receptions and yardage.

He was tied for most catches with 30 last year.  Has a total of 37 receptions for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns in three years.  I'm assuming the transition from what was a severely run heavy offense under Bielema hasn't been what Pettway was hoping for.  It would not surprise me if he might have been talked out of leaving last year.  If he comes to Auburn I would not expect him to be a 5 star with three years of SEC experience.  That's just not who he is and based on what's there, I don't believe he will be a game changer per se.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the unknowns around our QB situation doesn't keep us from pulling in a GT WR. We could really use some experience at the outside WR position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He was tied for most catches with 30 last year.  Has a total of 37 receptions for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns in three years.  I'm assuming the transition from what was a severely run heavy offense under Bielema hasn't been what Pettway was hoping for.  It would not surprise me if he might have been talked out of leaving last year.  If he comes to Auburn I would not expect him to be a 5 star with three years of SEC experience.  That's just not who he is and based on what's there, I don't believe he will be a game changer per se.

That could be true, but he can't be thinking he's going to catch 30 balls here next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is way underrated and wherever he lands, he will be a factor in that team's passing game. I like our chances and hope we can win out over OSU.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, AUBwins said:

I don't know of his intentions but have always heard it is better to get your graduate degree at a different school than your undergrad academically to broaden your learning.  That may not always hold true but I can see the reasoning.  Maybe it is an academic choice. 

If this is a determining factor for him with regard for the quality and academic standards, Auburn wins out hands down. I am sure OSU is a decent school, but his graduate degree from Auburn will mean far more than what he would get at OSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

Edited by auburn4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

 Both, more than likely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

Also looking at Europe at the moment for an OT some good prospects in Germany last I heard

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will try to sign a JUCO or Grad-Transfer QB in the spring or summer.

No on the juco. Maybe on the grad transfer if Gus finds one he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, augolf1716 said:

Also looking at Europe at the moment for an OT some good prospects in Germany last I heard

Gus needs to go on “vacation” to the Pacific Islands and accidentally bump into some huge sumo wrestler-type guys who’s dream is to go to college in the states.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, augolf1716 said:

Also looking at Europe at the moment for an OT some good prospects in Germany last I heard

großer Mann!for those big men in Germany!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Any news on this guy? I know the USC receiver has visited as well. 

I hope both are a take. I prefer The Arky WR but I def want both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope both are a take. I prefer The Arky WR but I def want both. 

Why? Really, the quality of our WR corps is as high or higher than any position on the team. We have two top WR guys committed for the 2020 class. I can see taking one transfer if the guy is going to fill a niche, but I don't see needing to add a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why? Really, the quality of our WR corps is as high or higher than any position on the team. We have two top WR guys committed for the 2020 class. I can see taking one transfer if the guy is going to fill a niche, but I don't see needing to add a lot more.

Arky guy is just for 1 year anyways. I will take all the depth we can get! Talent is talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Arky guy is just for 1 year anyways. I will take all the depth we can get! Talent is talent. 

Yes but....There's a limit of 25 per year. If a position is already loaded we need to spread the talent around. We'll have a little wiggle room for early enrolee guys this time because we haven't (yet) signed the full 25. Still, at some point we have to concentrate on positions with greater need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey said:

Yes but....There's a limit of 25 per year. If a position is already loaded we need to spread the talent around. We'll have a little wiggle room for early enrolee guys this time because we haven't (yet) signed the full 25. Still, at some point we have to concentrate on positions with greater need.

I LIKE IT MR MIKE! And we will. IN THIS YEARS CRUTIN CLASS!!! This is just how we went about getting some depth at the WR position in the present. The USC guy is from the state of alabama. I am sure he contacted us and wants to come home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the USC guy is a pretty high end returner as I understand it, it'd be nice to get a guy that can focus on that instead of having to exert Noah and Javaris. Him and Shivers would be a cool starting duo 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the USC guy is a pretty high end returner as I understand it, it'd be nice to get a guy that can focus on that instead of having to exert Noah and Javaris. Him and Shivers would be a cool starting duo 

I would def be down for that! We are clearly trying to build the fastest College Football team since 2008 Florida here lol. I am a fan I must say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.