2019 3* Grad Transfer WR La'Michael Pettway

ellitor

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would def be down for that! We are clearly trying to build the fastest College Football team since 2008 Florida here lol. I am a fan I must say. 

We've slowly had more and more speed, while Gus has done less and less with it

Hope he's prepared to live up to his former titles 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I remember when Urban Meyer’s speed kills recruiting strategy ended up costing him in his last year. Their offense couldn’t get going as they were undersized and the opposing defenses played to keep everything in front.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hey I tried being positive for a change regarding Gus and AU football. Not my best look I must say.  I will stick to my brand and in my lane! lol

Speed kills...and we have enough speed to do some serious killing if Gus will go for the jugular vein  each and every game and every play.

I thought he was going to announce his decision soon. Any word on him if anyone knows?

WDE!!

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CNXqqOYF&r

16 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I thought he was going to announce his decision soon. Any word on him if anyone knows?

WDE!!

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CNXqqOYF&r

You think?   I don't.  They weren't competitive last yr.   Had they been, I would agree.   I hope he comes because I assume he has some maturity, which may infer he has some leadership.  Between our WR, RB and QB, we don't have a lot of experience and maybe leadership.

If he signs with us, and I have a good feeling that he will, our receiving crew will be wickedly dangerous and down right fun to watch in 2019!

leo.gif

On 5/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, CamZilla_15 said:

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but this guy is Kam Pettway’s cousin. Wonder if that is a factor that’s making him consider us?

But would that help or hurt us? Do not think Kam had a very good and enjoyable experience his last year at Auburn. Hindsight yadda yadda yadda. His value never would of been higher after 2016. That is when he should of came out. A random 1 hit 1 year wonder for a AU RB. He was so fun to watch up until he pulled up in what would of been a sure TD in the vandy game. Was never the same after that. 

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

But would that help or hurt us? Do not think Kam had a very good and enjoyable experience his last year at Auburn.

I had the same thought.

He was so fun to watch up until he pulled up in what would of been a sure TD in the vandy game. Was never the same after that. 

Another reason why I can't understand folks' obsession with the idea of smaller backs getting injured. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Another reason why I can't understand folks' obsession with the idea of smaller backs getting injured. 

What's really funny is most of the 6'-6'2" 225-235 athletes are choosing to play defense. With the life of a RB in the NFL being only 3-5 years, there has been a major shift across the LoS. RBs, for the most part, are smaller and better receivers than they have been in decades past.  We just need to identify and utilize our RBs strengths better and stop beating that square peg.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's really funny is most of the 6'-6'2" 225-235 athletes are choosing to play defense. With the life of a RB in the NFL being only 3-5 years, there has been a major shift across the LoS. RBs, for the most part, are smaller and better receivers than they have been in decades past.  We just need to identify and utilize our RBs strengths better and stop beating that square peg.

Art Briles: "Here, have the best RB in the country."
Gus Malzahn: "Great, thanks. I know how we can make him even better."

image.png

I JUST WANTED A FREAKING WIN GUYS!!!!!!!!!! JUST ONE!!!!!!!! Our football program has ZERO positive momentum right now. No Buzz on the field. No buzz off the field. Recruiting is a big pile of MEH  so far and does not look like it will get much better. Meanwhile little baby brother clem is getting number 1 players at their position left and right AND GOOD OL AU CANNOT EVEN GET A LITTLE OL SMALL VICTORY that this would be in a grad transfer!!!!!! We are losing out to Iowa St in such battles as these. Do we need this guy? NO. Did I want him just for the sake of this small little W?!?! YES!!!!! Just for SOMETHING ANYTHING TO GO RIGHT!!! And I am sure everyone will say well we did not really want him nor pursued him that much. He just was on campus like a week ago for yet another visit. So we obviously very much did. 

j.gif

I understand you wanting a WIN and I agree we wanted him. That said we probably lost to Iowa State because he saw himself as a starter there where he saw the talent we have at WR while young very talented and he wasn't sure how much PT he would get. As a Grad Transfer PT and a great year is his last chance to improve his stock to go to next level.  

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I JUST WANTED A FREAKING WIN GUYS!!!!!!!!!! 

tenor.gif

Archived