Coach Russell training videos

WFE12

hmmmmm We need more deer antler spray guy to get us looking like the bama, georgia and LSU of the world type of players!!!! lol 

coch.gif

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hmmmmm We need more deer antler spray guy to get us looking like the bama, georgia and LSU of the world type of players!!!! lol 

coch.gif

I don’t care what it takes . Clemson handing out PEDs . Whatever it takes to win 

I fear we have the CrossFit training program of the SEC. Seems trendy and imaginative. But the results are weakened joints and odd proportions. We get more ACL and major injuries than any team in the conference.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I fear we have the CrossFit training program of the SEC. Seems trendy and imaginative. But the results are weakened joints and odd proportions. We get more ACL and major injuries than any team in the conference.

Do you have a link for these injuries. I’d like to see that.

https://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/gus-malzahn-defends-auburn-s-strength-and-conditioning-program-during/article_8950ae00-3765-11e8-84f5-6fb05a61b70f.html

Not necessarily hard data. But shows that we have had an abnormal rate of injuries under Russell.

Off top of my head, here are Auburn starters who have missed practice time or games due to injury the past 6 seasons.

Kam Pettway, Kerryon Johnson, Sean White, Eli Stove, Will Hastings, Carl Lawson, Tre Williams, Jarrett Stidham, Jeremiah Dinson, Jamel Dean, Boobie Whitlow, Jack Driscoll, Roc Thomas, Stanton Truitt, Nick Brahms, Kaleb Kim, Tray Matthews, Josh Holsey, Austin Golson, Justin Garrett, Chris Davis, Dee Ford, Javaris Davis, LaDarius Owens, Tony Stevens, Jonathan Jones, and I am sure there are even more.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Here we go again lol....I wonder if team bench press numbers are up.

I understand what your saying , however we need a change at AU with strength and conditioning. There is zero push on both sides of the ball. We are missing explosiveness and physicality. The off-season is where the killer instinct is installed and AU has missed it for a long time . Look at the nfl draft when it comes to AU players . Just not on the same level as college footballs elite . JMO

On 2/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, AUght2win said:

https://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/gus-malzahn-defends-auburn-s-strength-and-conditioning-program-during/article_8950ae00-3765-11e8-84f5-6fb05a61b70f.html

Not necessarily hard data. But shows that we have had an abnormal rate of injuries under Russell.

Off top of my head, here are Auburn starters who have missed practice time or games due to injury the past 6 seasons.

Kam Pettway, Kerryon Johnson, Sean White, Eli Stove, Will Hastings, Carl Lawson, Tre Williams, Jarrett Stidham, Jeremiah Dinson, Jamel Dean, Boobie Whitlow, Jack Driscoll, Roc Thomas, Stanton Truitt, Nick Brahms, Kaleb Kim, Tray Matthews, Josh Holsey, Austin Golson, Justin Garrett, Chris Davis, Dee Ford, Javaris Davis, LaDarius Owens, Tony Stevens, Jonathan Jones, and I am sure there are even more.

The article actually shows that a lot of these injuries are not because of a lack of training! 

In fact, he wrote in his regular column for the San Diego Union-Tribune this past August, the majority of regular football training already includes these techniques. There is also no amount of training that will prevent those injuries, the vast majority of which occur without contact when a player cuts or changes direction.

“No matter how much you train, the ACL of a 300-pound lineman is no different than the size of your ACL,” Chao said. “The ACL doesn’t get any bigger as players get bigger, faster stronger, so it puts more stress on it.”

The injuries suffered by Auburn’s players this spring are perhaps magnified by the ones suffered during both the 2016 and 2017 seasons. While not particularly high number, they have been high in impact.

16 minutes ago, toddc said:

The article actually shows that a lot of these injuries are not because of a lack of training! 

In fact, he wrote in his regular column for the San Diego Union-Tribune this past August, the majority of regular football training already includes these techniques. There is also no amount of training that will prevent those injuries, the vast majority of which occur without contact when a player cuts or changes direction.

“No matter how much you train, the ACL of a 300-pound lineman is no different than the size of your ACL,” Chao said. “The ACL doesn’t get any bigger as players get bigger, faster stronger, so it puts more stress on it.”

The injuries suffered by Auburn’s players this spring are perhaps magnified by the ones suffered during both the 2016 and 2017 seasons. While not particularly high number, they have been high in impact.

You missed my point. I don't think it's lack of training. I think it's overtraining or using techniques that aren't good for the joints. 

It's like CrossFit. CrossFit participants train hard. And a LOT of them get hurt, because the exercises are unorthodox and put strain on certain areas of the body. 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

just over 4 starters missing time a year is considered a problem these days?   

seems like that many guys get injured in a half every football game?  :dunno:

Name any SEC team that has been plagued by major-injuries like we have. And they're all joint related. ACL, MCL, Shoulder. Not just concussions or minor stuff. We rarely go into any game with all our major pieces healthy. I don't ever remember anything like that during the Tubberville years, or even through Chizik. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Name any SEC team that has been plagued by major-injuries like we have. And they're all joint related. ACL, MCL, Shoulder. Not just concussions or minor stuff. We rarely go into any game with all our major pieces healthy. I don't ever remember anything like that during the Tubberville years, or even through Chizik. 

Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida or almost any team I have googled just the last two seasons.  

Hell, Wisconsin had like 9 right knee injuries just this year

43 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida or almost any team I have googled just the last two seasons.  

Really? Any names? Impact players?

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Really? Any names? Impact players?

google it yourself, I wasted 10 minutes of my life already on your fairy tale.  Hell just watch football on Saturdays or look at injury reports.  Simple fact is that players have gotten too big and injuries are gonna happen.  They are happening everywhere, have been for years.  It is what it is, their are no conspiracy theories other than bad luck.  Every fan base claims that their team is hit with more injuries than others because they do not pay any attention to other fan bases.   Simply look at Georgia RB's and injuries that are in the NFL.  Ole Miss WR's and injuries.   Tennessee Defensive players, Florida Defensive players, etc, etc, etc.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, auburnphan said:

google it yourself, I wasted 10 minutes of my life already on your fairy tale.  Hell just watch football on Saturdays or look at injury reports.  Simple fact is that players have gotten too big and injuries are gonna happen.  They are happening everywhere, have been for years.  It is what it is, their are no conspiracy theories other than bad luck.  Every fan base claims that their team is hit with more injuries than others because they do not pay any attention to other fan bases.   Simply look at Georgia RB's and injuries that are in the NFL.  Ole Miss WR's and injuries.   Tennessee Defensive players, Florida Defensive players, etc, etc, etc.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. There ARE a lot of other injuries in the SEC, so we aren't alone. 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, auburnphan said:

Any relevant programs in that group?  Or just the s***ty ones...

Kinda speaks volumes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived