Rest of the way

tigerbrotha12

I thought I’d take a look at how we close out the schedule. I think I’m being very realistic, meaning if we really turn it on, we could be even better.

Ole Miss - W

@Vandy - W

Arkansas - W

@UK - L

@UGA - W

Miss St - W

@Bama- L

Tennessee - L 

That’s 21-10 (10-8 SEC).

With our SOS, NET, and KenPom, I think that’s plenty good enough for a 7 seed in the tournament, if not better if we win a few in the SEC Tourney. 

I don’t think I’m being incredibly unreasonable here, and I think we have the horses to beat Bama on the road and Tennessee at home. Lose to Ole Miss though, and our mojo could take a hit. Hopefully we get it going at home again. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I thought I’d take a look at how we close out the schedule. I think I’m being very realistic, meaning if we really turn it on, we could be even better.

Ole Miss - W

@Vandy - W

Arkansas - W

@UK - L

@UGA - W

Miss St - W

@Bama- L

Tennessee - L 

That’s 21-10 (10-8 SEC).

With our SOS, NET, and KenPom, I think that’s plenty good enough for a 7 seed in the tournament, if not better if we win a few in the SEC Tourney. 

I don’t think I’m being incredibly unreasonable here, and I think we have the horses to beat Bama on the road and Tennessee at home. Lose to Ole Miss though, and our mojo could take a hit. Hopefully we get it going at home again. 

I think they will beat Bama on the road and hopefully Tennessee,too.

11 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Beat Tennessee on the road? We can all hope. Tennessee is a very good team. We would have to play our best game probably ever to beat them in Knoxville. 

The Tennessee game is in Auburn.

I have the same prediction but I have AU losing to MSU at home. Will need to win 2 in Nashville to make it into the tournament. They can do it, but they are in a no margin for error situation. Kind of sad to go from sweet 16 talk to bubble in less than 2 months.

Either way I would rather have a 6,7 10, or 11 seed instead of 8,9, or 12. Tourney it's all about matchups and I do not want to face any of the projected 1 seeds until elite 8 and some built up confidence. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I have the same prediction but I have AU losing to MSU at home. Will need to win 2 in Nashville to make it into the tournament. They can do it, but they are in a no margin for error situation. Kind of sad to go from sweet 16 talk to bubble in less than 2 months.

I have not seen anywhere that we are bubble status quite yet. That could change if we drop some of the coming home games and don't pick up the Vandy and UGA wins on the road but as things stand today missing tourney is not a worry unless we start losing games we shouldn't. 

The only home game we lose is possibly UT.  I think we could slip up on them if we don't play too tight and can get some second chance shots.  We could possibly come out 7-1 or 6-2.  If we can do that we will be 6-7 seed at worst.   Call me a sunshine pumper but I have faith.

Any game with good lead guards and true big men we can lose, we have one maybe 2 big guys that's physical. We don't play enough zone and we rely too much on pace. I still have hope but if we started the tournament tomorrow we'd lose in the first round. We are not built for the tournament. 

We could lose to msu, arky,vandy. If we lose to ole miss again I don't want to hear anybody trumping up any of our guards defense. 80% of the games we've lost is because of our opponents guards blitzing us. Guards rebounding like crazy. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Any game with good lead guards and true big men we can lose, we have one maybe 2 big guys that's physical. We don't play enough zone and we rely too much on pace. I still have hope but if we started the tournament tomorrow we'd lose in the first round. We are not built for the tournament. 

We could lose to msu, arky,vandy. If we lose to ole miss again I don't want to hear anybody trumping up any of our guards defense. 80% of the games we've lost is because of our opponents guards blitzing us. Guards rebounding like crazy. 

Harper is the only guard that can get to the rack.  Dunbar can in open space.  Dunbar should replace Brown immediately and I think he would be more aggressive going to the rim if asked to do that more from the 2 instead of from the 3.  

IMO I think we should move to another "starting lineup"... or more minutes for them then they are currently getting.  Harper/Dunbar/Purifoy/Okeke/Spencer playing around 25-27 minutes a game.  Get AMac around the same using him at 4 and 5 and giving the 5 a rest with Wiley when possible with his injury.  Get Brown his 5-6 designed jumpers per game probably in a set with McCormick and Wiley on the court.  For drives and kick or inside out with Wiley at medium post set.  

Right now even playing well we are a first or second round exit out of the tourney.  Talent plus experience this should be a sweet 16 team at worst.   

16 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

That’s 21-10 (10-8 SEC)

thats what i am HOPING for,although i see us at 20-11  and going 4-4  to finish the season....i should be happy with AU basketball winning 20 games considering the pre-bruce years, but the season has been a disappointment due to expectations....4 years ago i could not imagine bitching about ONLY winning 20 games and not being a doormat

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The Tennessee game is in Auburn.

Thanks for the clarification.. still do not see us beating them but the fact that it is at home.. we have a chance. 

6 hours ago, doverstutts said:

thats what i am HOPING for,although i see us at 20-11  and going 4-4  to finish the season....i should be happy with AU basketball winning 20 games considering the pre-bruce years, but the season has been a disappointment due to expectations....4 years ago i could not imagine bitching about ONLY winning 20 games and not being a doormat

Which games do you see us losing? 

Should Win - Vandy, Arkansas, Bama and UGA

Could Win (maybe) - MSU (beat AU by 8 ) and Ole Miss (beat Auburn by 15)

Won't win - UK and UT

Being optimistic, I think AU beats MSU. But I think AU likely loses to Ole Miss. If that's the way it plays out, that's 5-3 down the stretch. Auburn will be a mid/lower seed in the SEC championship. The NCAA tourney selection committee will see those games as well. If Auburn can pull off a couple of wins in the SEC tourney against higher-seeded teams, that would improve AU's seed in the NCAA.

I feel  like so far we have underachieved.  We are VERY talented.  Bruce has years of complacency to work through.  I wish we had an better record.  I feel we are in the top 3 of the SEC right now in talent.  ur record is not indicative of our real potential..

On 2/9/2019 at 10:19 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Ole Miss - W

@Vandy - W

Arkansas - W

@UK - L

@UGA - W

Miss St - W

@Bama- L

Tennessee - L 

That’s 21-10 (10-8 SEC).

Our performance this year shows that we are subject to lose any road game. That includes Vandy. Beating TN at home is a tall order. They look to be a very good team right now. We could just as easily go 3-5 down the stretch as 5-3. More than likely we steal one road game and end up 4-4

12 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Bruce has years of complacency to work through. 

Who is complacent.?  ...Arena is buzzing and BP has the players he's recruited who are playing the butts off for the most part. .   

On 2/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, AuMarine said:

Beat Tennessee on the road? We can all hope. Tennessee is a very good team. We would have to play our best game probably ever to beat them in Knoxville. 

Tennessee hasn't played a ranked opponent since early December.  I think AU goes to Knox and gives them all they want!  

18 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I feel  like so far we have underachieved.  We are VERY talented.  Bruce has years of complacency to work through.  I wish we had an better record.  I feel we are in the top 3 of the SEC right now in talent.  ur record is not indicative of our real potential..

Bruce has the place THUMPING!  There's damn sure no complacency on his roster, his coaching staff, or his fan base.  He's upped the ante since he's been here and the AU Administration has no choice but to throw 100% support behind BP & his program. 

The record will be fine, we will make it to the NCAA tourney and the talent is still gelling at this point with individual players getting primed to show their stuff.  THIS Auburn Basketball is so much better than anything I've witness in what seems like forever.

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

Bruce has the place THUMPING!  There's damn sure no complacency on his roster, his coaching staff, or his fan base.  He's upped the ante since he's been here and the AU Administration has no choice but to throw 100% support behind BP & his program. 

The record will be fine, we will make it to the NCAA tourney and the talent is still gelling at this point with individual players getting primed to show their stuff.  THIS Auburn Basketball is so much better than anything I've witness in what seems like forever.

Amen.....

5 hours ago, keesler said:

It just bugs me how me dropped two losses after the UK game.  I am not sayng Bruce is complacent.  But you think the players have learned to handle expectations?

Archived