Rest of the way

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jared52 said:

Well, AU shot my prediction in the face tonight.

Yep...I sure did not expect that....most close games we don''t seem to handle the last two or three minutes well....do not play smart...do not value the ball.

Shaping up to be a very underachieving BB season. Hope our boys can turn it around and make some noise in the remainder of the season and the SEC tournament.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, keesler said:

Bruce has the place THUMPING!  There's damn sure no complacency on his roster, his coaching staff, or his fan base.  He's upped the ante since he's been here and the AU Administration has no choice but to throw 100% support behind BP & his program. 

The record will be fine, we will make it to the NCAA tourney and the talent is still gelling at this point with individual players getting primed to show their stuff.  THIS Auburn Basketball is so much better than anything I've witness in what seems like forever.

cough

From what I've been told, UT was trash against UK and hasnt played anyone else other than them since the Zags. MAYBE if Wiley and the rest of the bigs could get up, we'd have a chance. I think ill go to that one since hopefully most of the students are gone and I can get a seat!

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

From what I've been told, UT was trash against UK and hasnt played anyone else other than them since the Zags. MAYBE if Wiley and the rest of the bigs could get up, we'd have a chance. I think ill go to that one since hopefully most of the students are gone and I can get a seat!

If that's the case then nobody in the SEC can say they have played anybody and our conference doesn't have any credibility

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If that's the case then nobody in the SEC can say they have played anybody and our conference doesn't have any credibility

...that might just be the case then 

we’ll find out how worthwhile the SEC’s worth is when LSU plays Tennessee Id guess. UK seems to be a good bit better than the rest, but LSU beat them so it’s tough to decide 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

...that might just be the case then 

we’ll find out how worthwhile the SEC’s worth is when LSU plays Tennessee Id guess. UK seems to be a good bit better than the rest, but LSU beat them so it’s tough to decide 

Nah I don't think so. People just over react in the moment. One loss and one win doesn't mean anything. Just like when people actually had written Kentucky off at the beginning of the season. What one team may do against another team may or may not tell a bunch. It's all about match ups. But it's funny to wait forever for a team to lose then discredit all the wins after one loss. 

Planning on going to the MS State game next week to take my little brother and nephew to their first basketball and baseball games at AU. Standing room only on StubHub are $35 each. Should I buy those, or are there other better options? Also, looking for tickets for the baseball game against Cincinnati right after. Best way to buy those? 

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah I don't think so. People just over react in the moment. One loss and one win doesn't mean anything. Just like when people actually had written Kentucky off at the beginning of the season. What one team may do against another team may or may not tell a bunch. It's all about match ups. But it's funny to wait forever for a team to lose then discredit all the wins after one loss. 

The SEC just doesnt impress me personally, but I know the metrics support the conference being worthwhile so I cant argue against that. As far as like legitimate title contending options, I just feel they're a step under the ACC at least

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The SEC just doesnt impress me personally, but I know the metrics support the conference being worthwhile so I cant argue against that. As far as like legitimate title contending options, I just feel they're a step under the ACC at least

I'm not saying anything about that stuff, you can feel how you feel I just think it's funny to use the logic of beat everybody and say they're not good and just wait it out for a loss or two and I guess use that to justify they're trash. Any team can lose to anybody one random game

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not saying anything about that stuff, you can feel how you feel I just think it's funny to use the logic of beat everybody and say they're not good and just wait it out for a loss or two and I guess use that to justify they're trash. Any team can lose to anybody one random game

Well I dont think most of the SEC is that good, I'm just saying you use the LSU-UT game to decide where UT is at in the hierarchy of things. Itd be a bad look if they beat one elite team and lost to the only two elite teams from their conference 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well I dont think most of the SEC is that good, I'm just saying you use the LSU-UT game to decide where UT is at in the hierarchy of things. Itd be a bad look if they beat one elite team and lost to the only two elite teams from their conference 

How is lsu elite? We lost to Mississippi twice and they're trash. Using this logic you're saying you could argue that every team in the country isn't good

Ole Miss isn't great but I dunno if they're trash. 8-5 in the league and 18-8 overall. They have a very good shot to make the tourney I'd say.

I'd only call Vandy/UGA/and Mizzou trash this season in the conference. South Carolina is borderline and a puzzling case. But trash is what we were for 98% of the last 3 decades lol

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Ole Miss isn't great but I dunno if they're trash. 8-5 in the league and 18-8 overall. They have a very good shot to make the tourney I'd say.

I'd only call Vandy/UGA/and Mizzou trash this season in the conference. South Carolina is borderline and a puzzling case. But trash is what we were for 98% of the last 3 decades lol

You're right. Mississippi is a team you should beat but if for any reason you're not as good as you're supposed to be or you play stupid they make you pay

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're right. Mississippi is a team you should beat but if for any reason you're not as good as you're supposed to be or you play stupid they make you pay

They are a bad matchup for us because we play right into their hands. We are undersized in the backcourt and have a propensity to have 3-4 second long offensive possessions while they milk the clock for 30 seconds at a time with strong guard play, which means our guys are essentially defending for almost a full minute straight at times which can snowball into other things.

But yeah we should be beating them regularly but I have a feeling Kermit is gonna be a thorn in Bruce's side for years to come. Kermit just knows how to play against Bruce's styIe. I just hope we don't see them too early in the SEC Tourney

4 Q1 games left on the schedule. Feel ok about 2 of them, and I'm starting to see Tennessee is not absolutely unbeatable. Need to beat MSU and would be really nice to go get one on the road @ Bama. The UT and UK games will primarily be hoping for an upset. The way I see it, we really need to beat Arky, MSU, and UGA to be squarely into the field. After that, you pick up seeding with any other win you can pull out. If you lose to one of the three listed above, I think you're probably still in, but may need to win an SEC tourney game to feel certain. 

I don't know but I feel like we can beat Kentucky. Really depend on Johnson getting hot for them......but that's how I feel. I don't feel good about msu though.....before the season started I said the teams with good lead guards worry me. I always used msu and LSU as the examples

On 2/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, cole256 said:

I don't know but I feel like we can beat Kentucky. Really depend on Johnson getting hot for them......but that's how I feel. I don't feel good about msu though.....before the season started I said the teams with good lead guards worry me. I always used msu and LSU as the examples

Kentucky without Travis will be a big help for us. Just glad we started playing better before we got to this game

On 2/19/2019 at 7:57 PM, cole256 said:

How is lsu elite? We lost to Mississippi twice and they're trash. Using this logic you're saying you could argue that every team in the country isn't good

We're warping back to my point where I dont truly believe the SEC is too elite, but LSU is certainly comparable to Gonzaga

You also used Alabama as an example.  No big deal.  We're all wrong sometimes 

On 2/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, cole256 said:

37 minutes ago, WarEagleIn2010 said:

You also used Alabama as an example.  No big deal.  We're all wrong sometimes 

Yes and Alabama. How can I be wrong with teams that worry me? LOL. Good try though, now go back to lurking and making friends with anybody that I have an exchange with. Go look there are some posts you need to go like somebody else just became angry with me 😂

54 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We're warping back to my point where I dont truly believe the SEC is too elite, but LSU is certainly comparable to Gonzaga

I don't see that at all. But you don't have to argue a point about the SEC. You certainly can believe it if you want, I never argued that. As far as what we did discuss I was saying using the logic of just waiting for a team to lose you'll ALWAYS be able to come to a conclusion that a team isn't that good because you'll always win. Just sit back and wait eventually you'll win because the odds are certainly in your favor because a loss is always right around the corner

Archived