Rest of the way

tigerbrotha12

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes and Alabama. How can I be wrong with teams that worry me? LOL. Good try though, now go back to lurking and making friends with anybody that I have an exchange with. Go look there are some posts you need to go like somebody else just became angry with me 😂

It's cool.  You made a prediction.  You were wrong.  Everybody misses sometimes.  You're probably right more than you're wrong on here.  But you'd get a lot more respect if you acknowledged your misses as much as your pats on the back.  That's on you though...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarEagleIn2010 said:

It's cool.  You made a prediction.  You were wrong.  Everybody misses sometimes.  You're probably right more than you're wrong on here.  But you'd get a lot more respect if you acknowledged your misses as much as your pats on the back.  That's on you though...

I acknowledge all my misses, I laugh at myself when I do. I don't care about anybody's respect on here as long as the disrespect isn't personal I don't care what anybody says. It doesn't hurt my feelings when someone disagrees. It doesn't hurt my feelings when someone posts why they don't agree. I'm a grown man. Now I will admit posts like this irk me. When people are clearly wrong but continue as if they are right.....it's just pathetic IMO. If you explain a prediction in what I said I'd say I'm wrong. But you'll just stop posting now because you can't show a prediction. But I guess that's a win too though

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I acknowledge all my misses, I laugh at myself when I do. I don't care about anybody's respect on here as long as the disrespect isn't personal I don't care what anybody says. It doesn't hurt my feelings when someone disagrees. It doesn't hurt my feelings when someone posts why they don't agree. I'm a grown man. Now I will admit posts like this irk me. When people are clearly wrong but continue as if they are right.....it's just pathetic IMO. If you explain a prediction in what I said I'd say I'm wrong. But you'll just stop posting now because you can't show a prediction. But I guess that's a win too though

Oh I'm not looking back through your post history, but i specifically remember you stating that alabama worried you because of kira's speed.  You even alluded to it in your first reply to me.  It's all good though

19 minutes ago, WarEagleIn2010 said:

Oh I'm not looking back through your post history, but i specifically remember you stating that alabama worried you because of kira's speed.  You even alluded to it in your first reply to me.  It's all good though

Yes it worried me. That's not close to being the same as I predict that we lose....and kira didn't have a bad game and it wasn't about speed, I said lead guards that are good....what's wrong with me being worried about a strength from an opposing team that's takes advantage of a weakness on ours??? And I didn't allude to anything I told you I said it.....you're worse than my man who didn't understand the physical stature comment.....just run with stuff! And no that's not all good. That was all bad. But you'll get better.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't see that at all. But you don't have to argue a point about the SEC. You certainly can believe it if you want, I never argued that. As far as what we did discuss I was saying using the logic of just waiting for a team to lose you'll ALWAYS be able to come to a conclusion that a team isn't that good because you'll always win. Just sit back and wait eventually you'll win because the odds are certainly in your favor because a loss is always right around the corner

I mean yeah, it was more of a figure of speech in my larger point though lol. I think the SEC is primarily a bunch of solid-good teams around the same level with few top-end squads, and my reasoning for even mentioning the "waiting for a loss" thing as you put it, was just to cement who's in that top-end. You can't really decide that without the teams in contention for that respect playing each other lol 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean yeah, it was more of a figure of speech in my larger point though lol. I think the SEC is primarily a bunch of solid-good teams around the same level with few top-end squads, and my reasoning for even mentioning the "waiting for a loss" thing as you put it, was just to cement who's in that top-end. You can't really decide that without the teams in contention for that respect playing each other lol 

In a smaller sense but you wait literally the entire season and come to the conclusion if they lose once or twice the entire season? I mean it doesn't matter with us but if you were someone of merit with that mindset you could really screw a team. I could see you saying the season is young but with you a team could work hard and win the entire season play a decent team that just matches up well and you come to the conclusion that it's fake whereas another team has taken 6 losses and you dub them strong

And I still don't understand you comparing LSU with gonzaga.....as far as talent and production they're not close but I guess maybe you're talking about record

So with UK up next I certainly hope the defensive effort carries over. Even with their big guy out and having Wiley back, they are going to very difficult to beat on the road. The only reason we were able to keep it close at home was 40+ points from Brown and Harper. Doubt we get that kind of production from them on the road. Will need to defend much better than the first time around. Got very little from our 4-5 guys, outside of an ok game from Okeke. Their 2 and 3 guards hurt us each going for 20, Brown and Doughty struggled with them and we had little rotation and help. I think the rebounding will be better with their guy out and WIley back, but we need Brown, Dunbar and Doughty to play better on D this game. 

49 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

I think the rebounding will be better with their guy out and WIley back, but we need Brown, Dunbar and Doughty to play better on D this game. 

Agree. We also need to stop turning it over so much. It has killed us lately in big games. Even in the ARK. blowout we turned it over 21 times. 

Get back on D, hit 3s (we are going to shoot them, we just need to hit them), and grab every rebound we can get. It still may not be enough but if we are hitting 3s we will be in it no matter what...

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

FTs too. We can't shoot 50% from the stripe and expect to have a chance in a place like Rupp

That's another thing, it's unacceptable to be a good 3 point shooter and bad free throw. I actually think Brown has shot free throws pretty well this year though. I seem to feel like he usually hit them. But anything under 80% from him is unacceptable. Seems like Harper may have been in a slump lately but he's usually good I think. That's all mental, they have to be leaders at this

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's another thing, it's unacceptable to be a good 3 point shooter and bad free throw. I actually think Brown has shot free throws pretty well this year though. I seem to feel like he usually hit them. But anything under 80% from him is unacceptable. Seems like Harper may have been in a slump lately but he's usually good I think. That's all mental, they have to be leaders at this

Actually our guards other than McCormick are good FT shooters. Harper (82%), Brown (82%) and Samir (88%) are our only good FT shooters on the entire team. Danjel was a fantastic FT shooter when he last played for us but hasn't been knocking them down as consistently in his limited attempts this year. He's at a gross 66% right now. 4th best on the team is Chuma at an ugly 68%.

I'd say only Danjel and Chuma are our good 3 point shooters that struggle at the line this year. Danjel you can probably put an asterisk by his name because he's just so out of rhythm overall. I think the difference between this year and last year is that our entire team was good at shooting FTs last season. Even Horace and Mac and of course Desean was pretty reliable. This year everyone other than our backcourt is bricking the FTs at a way too alarming rate.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:27 PM, ToomersStreet said:

It just bugs me how me dropped two losses after the UK game.  I am not sayng Bruce is complacent.  But you think the players have learned to handle expectations?

The Officials beat us in the USC game. Our bigs were being called for mystical and touch fouls while Silva was mugging our guys at both ends of the court.  Was impressed that they were even in the game at the end the way the officials decimated our backcourt.

We need the Georgia game. With this game, Miss State at home, Bama on the road and UT at home, we need to get two more to not feel like a bubble team. UGA is the worst team left on that schedule, and even though its on the road, we will be favored in this game by a large margin than any of our other remaining games. UGA is not playing good basketball. IMO this game is more about if we can get ourselves straight more than about what UGA can or can't do. 

I'm sure they will be pretty desperate for a win. They have one guy to be worried about and it's Claxton. He leads them in every stat category but turnovers, averaging:  31.30 min 12.70 points 8.89 rebounds 2.00 assists 1.15 steals  2.41 blocks. Their other two guys to watch are forwards like Claxton, Ogbeide and Hammonds. These three are they only players averaging double digits and are all 6-8/6-9 guys. Our 3s and 4s will face key defensive assignments tonight. 

If Dunbar holds his starting spot we will likely get our best look yet as to his impact. So far as a starter we have had two blow outs, one in our favor and one not. Facing a team with their scoring primarily coming from closer to the basket, Dunbar's size and rebounding will be key, and Doughty will have to be up to the challenge when he gets his minutes. This matchup may require Chuma to exert himself more defensively and he may have a slow night scoring, but we need him to keep developing and produce. 

Harper needs to bounce back from a terrible game and if he comes out flat, I'd like to see CBP go to McCormick sooner  to get some production and give Harper a chance to regroup. 

Gotta have this one. 

11 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

So far as a starter we have had two blow outs, one in our favor and one not.

If this doesn't explain the Dunbar experience as a whole I don't know what does. His high are, oh, so good. But his lows are facepalm worthy bad.

I hope good Malik shows up tonight after his previous showing. This is a huge game for us and we are going to need him big time. While UGA isn't playing particularly good basketball, they've been playing better lately and we are going to need to play well to beat them at their place.

Anyone going to the game? Please throw an item onto the court if things are looking bad for us. Doesn't matter if you're an AU fan, they'll give UGA a tech bc of home court ;)

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

UGA is not playing good basketball. IMO this game is more about if we can get ourselves straight more than about what UGA can or can't do. 

Very up and down....might have beaten MSU except some typically stupid dawg fan tossed a stuffed pup on the floor at the of they game during a foul shot and the visiting dawgs got an extra shot to win the game.   Just love it when ga fans act stupid....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/teams/AUBURN/auburn-tigers/

Auburn has gotten all the chances to stay alive in the world, we just need one convincing win (per this video I just watched). I dont know if I want to see us in the tourney, but I do want us to win against good teams if possible, and it seems like that SHOULD be possible 

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/teams/AUBURN/auburn-tigers/

Auburn has gotten all the chances to stay alive in the world, we just need one convincing win (per this video I just watched). I dont know if I want to see us in the tourney, but I do want us to win against good teams if possible, and it seems like that SHOULD be possible 

Why would you not want us in the tourney? Missing the tourney after a SEC Championship season would be a bad look for what we are trying to build here. This isn't the NBA, you don't get rewarded for poor seasons with a better opportunity at a draft pick. It hurts us way more than at worst case saying we lost in the 1st round. B2b tourney appearances??? Ummm yes gimme all of that 

You know who I don't want to see in the tourney? Our rivals.

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Why would you not want us in the tourney? Missing the tourney after a SEC Championship season would be a bad look for what we are trying to build here. This isn't the NBA, you don't get rewarded for poor seasons with a better opportunity at a draft pick. It hurts us way more than at worst case saying we lost in the 1st round. B2b tourney appearances??? Ummm yes gimme all of that 

You know who I don't want to see in the tourney? Our rivals.

I've already explained it several times, a title run in the NIT looks alot better than getting stomped in the NCAA again

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've already explained it several times, a title run in the NIT looks alot better than getting stomped in the NCAA again

Respectfully disagree about that. I won't make you get into it again though 👍🏻 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Respectfully disagree about that. I won't make you get into it again though 👍🏻 

Agree...nothing sure in the NIT..some pretty good but lesser known teams in that tourney can be a problem.

Getting seeded 8 or 9 is gonna be tough though.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

lol

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

bale.gif

castle.gif

farley.gif

office space.gif

ross.gif

leo.gif

Would be nice to see Auburn win 2 out of the next 3 especially the home games remaining.  Tennessee and Miss State would go a long way toward helping tourney seating.  That being said a loss to Bammer would not be great.  Tennessee has had some close calls as of late so maybe Auburn can pull off the upset.  Finishing the season 3-0 would be huge for this team.  

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree...nothing sure in the NIT..some pretty good but lesser known teams in that tourney can be a problem.

Getting seeded 8 or 9 is gonna be tough though.

Yes, I would rather be a 5 seed. That way you catch the 4 seed second game instead of 1 seed. We can probably accomplish this if we win 2 of these last 3 league games and win at least 2 in the SEC tourney. Bruce has got to realize we cannot allow our opponents to slow down our tempo. We have got to dictate tempo. JH cannot walk the ball up every possession. We are a run and gun team. Don' t try to get our guys to be something they're not and lose.

I don’t know if he was worried about our legs or fouls but when we went slow up O in the second half ... well it was painful to watch.

of course if we didn’t milk clock, fouled out our bigs and got beat by 10 - that woulda sucked ...

Archived