2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Decommits From AU

WarGolfEagle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn picks up left tackle commitment for 2020

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 80 minutes ago 

25 Comments

Gus Malzahn is a happy man tonight. (Photo: Timothy Nwachukwu, Getty)

Auburn is not messing around with its offensive line recruiting for 2020.

Less than one week following National Signing Day, Auburn offered and picked up a commitment from its second offensive lineman. Jonathan Buskey, an offensive tackle out of Coffeyville Community College in Kansas, was offered a scholarship and committed to the Tigers on Tuesday.

The 3-star prospect plays left and right tackle for Coffeyville, but was recruited as a left tackle by Auburn. Auburn visited him during the 2018 season, but things became serious in a hurry Tuesday.

"I'm very excited about Auburn," Buskey said. "I haven't really talked to any coaches. I've been really loving Auburn since high school. Two years later I get to be part of them. I feel very confident to go all in this far ahead of time."

Buskey will have two years to play two seasons at Auburn. He will be a redshirt sophomore this upcoming season at Coffeyville.

Buskey is originally from LeFlore High in Mobile, Alabama. One of his cousins attends Auburn University. He has visited the campus as a fan in the past.

Buskey stands at 6-foot-7 and is 320 pounds. He played basketball in high school at LeFlore. He said he recently ran the 40-yard dash in 4.9 seconds.

Auburn coaches fell in love with his footwork in junior college, Buskey said.

"There are a lot of great tackles out there but I feel like I can be one of the top ones," he said. "I play every down and keep on working every down."

Buskey could come to Auburn and immediately replace Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., who opted to return to Auburn for his senior season in 2019 after weighing whether to jump to the NFL, as a starter in 2020. Buskey may rise in the 247Sports rankings as he is re-evaluated through his sophomore season in 2019.

Texas showed interest in Buskey but has not been offered a scholarship. He doesn't plan to consider other schools, he said.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 NR Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Check out the play starting at 0:59 in the video in the OP- does a great job of moving his feet and creating a pocket for the QB to throw from rather than  trying to push the guy away just to stall the sack for a millisecond. I really like that play by him. Hope he’s the next great here. 

Amazing feet and there's a twitter video of this 6'6" 330 lber doing a freaky nimble 360 slamdunk after a breakaway during his (high school?) basketball game. 

Scouting report from Keith FWIW 

He's a massive presence at tackle. Can he move? Is he quick enough to play tackle -- even left tackle? His video highlights from 2018 suggest it's certainly possible. He's not just big and physical, but it appears as though Buskey has solid body quickness and soft feet for someone his size. At the snap, he's quick to get in position and by doing so that allows him to dictate the first move of the defender. What you really see from Buskey, though, is power, which seems to come equally from his legs and upper body. In his 2018 video, Buskey is seen only playing right tackle. In pass sets, though, he looks fairly fluid. The question is, can he be a left tackle in the SEC, which is where Auburn needs him? Time will tell. Here's a look at his highlights.

54 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Will be interesting to see if he can enroll in January 2020? If so it will make pickup even better 

Gus doesn’t like to take jucos that can’t enroll in January. Yes he’s a January enrollee.

20 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Much needed pickup, but Gus using #GusBus2020 in his tweet is cringe worthy. 

Has to have a new one each year after he crashes the previous year's

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I didn’t think coaches could comment on recruits until they signed?

Can't mention by name

Archived