2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Decommits From AU

WarGolfEagle

39 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Secondary violation for next year maybe ... 

Nope. No name was mentioned in his tweet.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic about this guy. If he can come in and play at a high level from game 1, then we're in business even replacing everyone along the offensive front in 2020 (assuming neither Troxell nor Brahms steals a job this year), but we'll have to wait and see how he develops. Just reading the tea leaves, he doesn't seem like one to worry about flipping elsewhere, so that's good.

Nice pick up for sure. I like his 4.9 forty of which is really fast for a huge lineman like him. Now Gus, it is time to bring him some additional big uglies to cover our OL needs.

late bloomer  -   I like it.

Need to find another one.  Wonder if we can scour the Cali JUCO ranks...

10 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Seems a little too close.  Secondary violation for next year maybe ...

So what’s the violation?

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

So what’s the violation?

Publicly talking about recruits But it’s not since there were no recruit names mentioned in tweets from coaches.

I like the idea he comes in with a few years to play.   He will be physically more mature when he sets foot on campus.  He has the size and the speed to be a good one.   

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Publicly talking about recruits But it’s not since there were no recruit names mentioned in tweets from coaches.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, but thanks for the clarification.  

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Eaaaasy, big fella! I don't think @oracle79 was assuming it's a bad thing. I was curious, too.

Lol, yeah I was wondering how everyone missed on him out of high school.  Could be a late bloomer though like was said.

That being said, I know we've gotten some decent skill guys out of juco, but I can't think of a single successful lineman we've gotten from juco (unless it was a guy we recruited out of high school and they couldn't qualify but went juco and came back).  Greg Smith was a colossal failure, and the Bonomolo dude never panned out.  Maybe I'm forgetting a success story there though.

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Lol, yeah I was wondering how everyone missed on him out of high school.  Could be a late bloomer though like was said.

That being said, I know we've gotten some decent skill guys out of juco, but I can't think of a single successful lineman we've gotten from juco (unless it was a guy we recruited out of high school and they couldn't qualify but went juco and came back).  Greg Smith was a colossal failure, and the Bonomolo dude never panned out.  Maybe I'm forgetting a success story there though.

Nick Fairley comes to mind

9 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Do Jax St and UMass count as jucos? Lol

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

That being said, I know we've gotten some decent skill guys out of juco, but I can't think of a single successful lineman we've gotten from juco

Brandon Mosley.  Started on the National Championship team, as well as 2011 for us.  Drafted to the New York Giants.  Also, the community college he came from, get this, is also Coffeyville.  Would love to duplicate those results when at Auburn!

51 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Brandon Mosley.  Started on the National Championship team, as well as 2011 for us.  Drafted to the New York Giants.  Also, the community college he came from, get this, is also Coffeyville.  Would love to duplicate those results when at Auburn!

Okay, so there WERE other guys from Coffeyville. Thank you! That's been driving me crazy. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, so there WERE other guys from Coffeyville. Thank you! That's been driving me crazy. 

Tubs also brought in Brandon Jacobs and Prechae Rodriguez.

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Tubs also brought in Brandon Jacobs and Prechae Rodriguez.

I remembered Brandon Jacobs but not Rodriguez. (ANOTHER big time WR that didn't do squat here.)

Yep. Coffeyville. Basically Auburn's minor league team. We should have spring training in Kansas.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I remembered Brandon Jacobs but not Rodriguez. (ANOTHER big time WR that didn't do squat here.)

Yep. Coffeyville. Basically Auburn's minor league team. We should have spring training in Kansas.

Peachae played in the arena league for a numbers of years. Did fairly well 

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I would actually like to see us scrimmage a team like that for the ADay game. 

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

About to get a verbal from Blake Carrienger OT from Tennessee. 

:rollin:

<Immediately looks at front page of recruiting forum. Seeing nothing there, goes to the UT roster, looking for this kid>

Seems I was catfished also. 

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

<Immediately looks at front page of recruiting forum. Seeing nothing there, goes to the UT roster, looking for this kid>

Seems I was catfished also. 

God this kid has signed with 5 other programs he must be 30 years old

On 2/13/2019 at 12:31 PM, McLoofus said:

Eaaaasy, big fella! I don't think @oracle79 was assuming it's a bad thing. I was curious, too.

I wasn't being hard. Oracle said he would be meh. I see that as unimpressed & all I was implying is I wouldn't make a call on being impressed or unimpressed on a kid overall now based on his past of how he got to juco.

Archived