2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Decommits From AU

WarGolfEagle

23 hours ago, oracle79 said:

That being said, I know we've gotten some decent skill guys out of juco, but I can't think of a single successful lineman we've gotten from juco (unless it was a guy we recruited out of high school and they couldn't qualify but went juco and came back).  Greg Smith was a colossal failure, and the Bonomolo dude never panned out.  Maybe I'm forgetting a success story there though.

This is an honest question & is your personal call. What would you view Danzey & Xavier Dampeer in terms of successful or no?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wasn't being hard. Oracle said he would be meh. I see that as unimpressed & all I was implying is I wouldn't make a call on being impressed or unimpressed on a kid overall now based on his past of how he got to juco.

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. It was a quote from Seinfeld. But the point stands. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

This is an honest question & is your personal call. What would you view Danzey & Xavier Dampeer in terms of successful or no?

Forgot about Danzey.  Seems like he was solid here.  Dampeer not so much.

Didn't one or both of the Irons brothers come from there?

On 2/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, atl-tiger said:

Plays mean and looks like he wants to hit somebody every play.  Haven't seen that since BSmith left.  Also, they haven't done the 2020 JUCO rankings yet?  I'm guessing a lot of people are getting put off with the "NR" when seeing the commitment. 

I mean it was just 1 season ago. 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:32 AM, ellitor said:

Even though articles are saying 3*s for him I'm waiting til that shows up on his recruiting site profiles before adding a star rating to the title of the thread.

Not sure if this is what you were waiting for, but 247 has him listed as a 3 star on the commitments page of recruiting.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Not sure if this is what you were waiting for, but 247 has him listed as a 3 star on the commitments page of recruiting.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

It helps but it's on his profile now too. It wasn't when I had made the quoted post.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Commits To AU!
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It helps but it's on his profile now too. It wasn't when I had made the quoted post.

No worries. Was just keeping you updated on everything. :)

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, ellitor said:

So was he mostly a basketball player in HS, not football? Did he redshirt his first year to learn the position?

I love the fact that he was mostly a basketball player in HS. At 6'7" and 320 pounds with the footwork he would have needed for basketball he has the potential to be an impact OT.  This will help us some with OT. I hope he will be able to finish JC this fall so he could go through a spring practice before the 2020 season.  Probably won't happen as most JC players don't finish second year until spring.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Decommits From AU
  • ellitor unfeatured this topic

Spot opens up in Auburn's 2020 recruiting class

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 106 minutes ago 

Share5 Comments

Jonathan Buskey had been committed since last February.

What has been predicted for some time finally occurred Thursday. Auburn's 2020 recruiting class had a spot open uo when Auburn Undercover received word 3-star offensive tackle Jonathan Buskey of Coffeyville Community College in Kansas will not be signing with the Tigers.

Buskey, a Mobile, Alabama native, is the No. 6 junior college tackle nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He committed to Auburn last February, and originally had the intention of signing with the Tigers in December as an early enrollee. But Buskey was unable to make the happen and in the end, Auburn had to make the difficult decision of moving in another direction. 

The Tigers loved his potential and thought highly of him as a person, but his academic situation was too big a hurdle for Auburn.

With Buskey no longer on the commit list, Auburn now has 23 players in the class, including 22 signees plus defensive end commit Jay Hardy of Tennessee, who plans to sign with the Tigers in February. They could end up with around 26 or 27 total signees before all is said and done.

Buskey was one of three tackles in the class -- all being junior college prospects. All told, Auburn now has five offensive linemen in the class.

5COMMENTS

The Tigers hope that number rises.

Between now and Feb. 5, which is National Signing Day, 5-star Georgia offensive tackle commit Broderick Jonesof Lithonia (Ga.) High is priority No. 1. The Tigers can visit him three more times. He will officially visit Arkansas this weekend, Georgia next weekend and Auburn the weekend after that. Additionally, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn still has an available in-home visit with Jones to use. Georgia coach Kirby Smart used his one allowed visit in December.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hate it for the kid.  Sometimes talent just isn't enough.

For some reason, AU is a hard place to gain admission, academically. In the past we've lost prospects due to grades that had no trouble getting into the Mississippi schools or Memphis.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

For some reason, AU is a hard place to gain admission, academically. In the past we've lost prospects due to grades that had no trouble getting into the Mississippi schools or Memphis.

We require higher grades in certain core classes than those schools do. I know one was an English case where the Mississippi schools will accept a D for a semester as long as the overall GPA in the subject was good but Auburn does not Count a D for a semester grade.

I can't say this is shocker. I had been hearing he might have to go to the judo ranks due to grades. Oh well. That just opens up another slot for our Feb. 5th signings.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I can't say this is shocker. I had been hearing he might have to go to the judo ranks due to grades. Oh well. That just opens up another slot for our Feb. 5th signings.

Judo might be an alternative to football but I don’t know if he’s very good at it or not!

Archived