Bruce just gets it

GwillMac6

As down as I am on the Gus bus and ready for a change even when I consider  the basketball team to be underachieving this year  I have nothing but love for Bruce.  I hope we are the last job he ever has.

just think, our 2nd best year in recent history and we grumble...  Bruce has put us in a different place.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

If we have back to back tourney years I'll personally start building his statue with my own bare hands

Remember when we were excited about being in the NIT in 2012? Now we’re worried that’s where we might end up if we start tanking. We’ve come a long long way 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Remember when we were excited about being in the NIT in 2012? Now we’re worried that’s where we might end up if we start tanking. We’ve come a long long way 

LOL EXACTLY! Never forget where we came from. Sometimes this side of the board needs a little refresher for some perspective. He took us from the depths of basketball hell to conference champions during the SEC's rise. And this is just the foundation.

• WarTiger changed the title to Bruce just gets it

It's really gratifying to have a big time coach emphasizing his roll as a professor/leader with such proactive involvement with the general student population.  When it comes to wisdom and charisma, Pearl has it in spades.  And I think he's a pretty good coach also. 

We're lucky to have him.

51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's really gratifying to have a big time coach emphasizing his roll as a professor/leader with such proactive involvement with the general student population.  When it comes to wisdom and charisma, Pearl has it in spades.  And I think he's a pretty good coach also. 

We're lucky to have him.

My dad was a teacher and coach.  He loved Bruce for some of these reasons.  

On 2/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, SumterAubie said:

He has the public relations schtick. Now if only he will start coaching.his team.

He’s doing OK with a team full of role players. If AU gets another Mustapha Heron, they will be in great shape. 

Archived