Softball Plainsman Invitational

Baseball game weather delay?   Is that right ? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game called off tonight - wet field.  Apparently has rained for the past 90 minutes.  Texas Tech defeated UAB 7-2 in the first game.

I was referring to the softball game, BTW.

Should also add that Drake defeated Furman 11-3 today.  Drake's 1bman, Nicole Newman, was 2 for 2 with a slammer and a 3-run homer.

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Baseball game weather delay?   Is that right ? 

Baseball game appears to be going.  Georgia Southern scored a run in top 1.  Auburn coming to bat.  Hate those caps.

UAB currently leading Furman 8-3 in 6th.  Just noticed that TT pitcher Erin Edmundsen threw a no-no vs. Drake yesterday.  Guess we can expect to see her tonight.

Texas Tech has defeated Furman 5-0 on two hits to run their record to 8-0.  Meanwhile, can't get anything on Auburn-Drake.

According to the Drake website, the game has been re-set for 3 PM.

Going to bot 4, the game is scoreless, and Auburn is hitless.

same status going to top 5.  Somewhat surprised that Martin is pitching this game, but the pitcher for Drake (Nicole Newman) has an ERA of 0.29 over 24 IP, so I guess that's why.  I believe Newman has 7 SOs through 4 innings today

Martin strikes out two more to keep it scoreless.  Drake has 4 hits, AU 0.  Perry, Maresette, Podany due up.

Auburn leads 1-0, still hitless.  Perry walked, Fornis pr, Podany reached on an error by 2b, Fornis taking third.  TaySnow drove in Fornis with a groundout to 2b, McCrackin struck out for the second time. 

2-0 Auburn going to top 7, as TanSnow homers in bot 6.  Newman then struck out the side, giving her 12 on the day.  AU turned a 5-4-3  DP in top 6 to get out of that inning.

Final Score 2-0 Auburn.  MM gives up an infield hit, but another 5-4-3 ends it.  The pitcher for Drake is evidently one we'd like to have.

EDITORIAL COMMENT:  Communication very poor by Auburn.  Radio broadcast just went away, and LiveStats (a crummy version) didn't update.  Had to dig this info out with a teaspoon.

18 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

2-0 Auburn going to top 7, as TanSnow homers in bot 6.  Newman then struck out the side, giving her 12 on the day.  AU turned a 5-4-3  DP in top 6 to get out of that inning.

Final Score 2-0 Auburn.  MM gives up an infield hit, but another 5-4-3 ends it.  The pitcher for Drake is evidently one we'd like to have.

EDITORIAL COMMENT:  Communication very poor by Auburn.  Radio broadcast just went away, and LiveStats (a crummy version) didn't update.  Had to dig this info out with a teaspoon.

Thanks on the media info, I thought I was the only one having problems.  Their pitcher today ended the game with .61 era, didn’t realize she struck out 12, she must be pretty dang good.

Auburn-Texas Tech scoreless after 1.  Swindle pitching for us, Edmundsen for them.  She no-hit Drake yesterday.

Nothing for TT in top 2.  Rivera, Veach and Godwyn due up for AU.

6 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Auburn-Texas Tech scoreless after 1.  Swindle pitching for us, Edmundsen for them.  She no-hit Drake yesterday.

Nothing for TT in top 2.  Rivera, Veach and Godwyn due up for AU.

This is only available on audio, correct?

10 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

The audio went away about 4th inning of the Drake game.  I'm getting info from LiveStats.  Rivera just doubled, and Veach went yard.  2-0 Auburn.

I’m getting audio and my live stats are showing the UAB game from the other night. LOL.

Just now, OlderWhiskey said:

Auburn had bases loaded with one out in bot 4, but couldn't score.

Our 8 and 9 hitters have got to do better.

Top of the order due up in 5th.  Harris in to pitch.

TT adds a run on two hits.  4-2 going to bot 5.

Auburn gets one back on a single by Tay Snow and throwing error by catcher.

Another solo homer for TT; 5-3 going to bot 6.  Perry, Greenwood, Podany due up.

8 and 9 hitters came through with back to back hits to score a run now 5 to 4 with runner on 3rd with one out.

5-4 Texas Tech going to the 7th, with drama.  Perry apparently doubled to lead off the 6th, but was called out for failure to touch first.  Dean had a fit and almost got thrown out.  Greenwood then singled, which would have scored Perry.  Podany doubled, and the throw in to third was wild, scoring Greenwood, and putting Podany on third.  But Tay struck out and Crack grounded out to short.  Martin in to pitch the 7th.

1-2-3 for Martin with two Ks.  Snow, Rivera, Veach due up.

Texas Tech wins 5-4 after two groundouts and a lineout.

2 hours ago, AUSRB said:

Their pitcher today ended the game with .61 era, didn’t realize she struck out 12, she must be pretty dang good.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I was at the Drake game and she is in fact pretty good, but we helped her.  The Drake pitcher relied on her rise ball for her K's.  Whenever she got to 2 strikes, you could bank the rise was coming and we couldn't lay off.  She's a good sized young lady who was consistently between 66 and 70 mph.  It was until the 4th that she threw a changeup.  MM was on point today and she had a low ball umpire behind the plate, which she loves.  Most of the hits off MM were twizzlers hit off the end of the bat that found a hole.  For the most part our defense was good.  We had several DP's and most were started by Taylon, but one around the horn DP was started by Tannon.  Those were nice plays.   Podany misplayed a ball in center field and I gave her the benefit of the doubt because it was late in the afternoon and she was looking right into the sun, but the very next inning the Drake CF had the exact same situation and she made the play.  Tannon's dinger was a no doubter.  Getting our first hit in the 6th is not good.   Our hitting has got to improve or our SEC schedule is going to be ugly.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

5-4 Texas Tech going to the 7th, with drama.  Perry apparently doubled to lead off the 6th, but was called out for failure to touch first.  Dean had a fit and almost got thrown out.  Greenwood then singled, which would have scored Perry.  Podany doubled, and the throw in to third was wild, scoring Greenwood, and putting Podany on third.  But Tay struck out and Crack grounded out to short.  Martin in to pitch the 7th.

1-2-3 for Martin with two Ks.  Snow, Rivera, Veach due up.

Texas Tech wins 5-4 after two groundouts and a lineout.

While we lost I am a bit encouraged by the offensive fight late in game. That is a nice change from last year. 

We scored 4 runs on 8 hits against TT.  We lost 17 games last year.  4 runs would have won 11 of those.  Again, had to go to secsports to get that information, as Auburn apparently doesn't want us to have any information.

Archived