ESPN way too early too 25

Win4AU

https://es.pn/2RWnCVp

23 sounds about right.  If whoever the Qb is isn’t completely in over his head then things should be alright.  Chandler Cox may be the biggest loss on this team.  FB is such a big part in Gus’s run O.

44 minutes ago, AUwent said:

History shows that the late teens and twenties are where we want to be in the preseason.

Particularly off a year where we go 8-5, losing to a couple of basement dweller SEC teams, and then pull out a bowl win vs an upstart Big 10 team.

Optimism, for an Auburn fan, “is a little like religion and a lot like sex; you should never know when you’re going to get it next”.  Jimmy Buffett “I will play for Gumbo”.  

14 hours ago, gravejd said:

That Purdue game did wonders for setting up hope for this coming year. That and the entire D coming back!!

Entire D? What about the 3 starting linebackers leaving?

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Entire D? What about the 3 starting linebackers leaving?

Well everyone that could come back I mean.  Can’t do much about the guys the run out of eligibility. I look forward to seeing the new guys at lb. Britt looked pretty solid in there when he got the snaps

13 hours ago, logan adams said:

I believe the lack of offensive linemen is going to doom this team. I hope I’m wrong. 

Why? They did well in the last 4 games of the season.And all are returning.  People keep knocking this line because of the way they played throughout much of the season but want to give zero respect for what they accomplished against two of the best defensive fronts in the nation (Georgia and Bama)

I think the line is going to be fine.  They were coming on late and everyone is coming back.  When our line is loaded with seniors they normally do well.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Why? They did well in the last 4 games of the season.And all are returning.  People keep knocking this line because of the way they played throughout much of the season but want to give zero respect for what they accomplished against two of the best defensive fronts in the nation (Georgia and Bama)

They'll do better and Lord knows they'll have to with a pea green QB to protect!

15 hours ago, keesler said:

They'll do better and Lord knows they'll have to with a pea green QB to protect!

A year of experience means a lot ….chance to become a cohesive unit which is important for an OL.     Maybe looking at this through my orange and blue glasses but having a senior laden OL is a good thing plus all the other experienced guys coming back on both sides of the ball.   

JMO, …….maybe it's a matter of protecting the QB but I'm hoping the OL is able to make running game is more effective.   The best protection our QB can have in my view, is a diversified offense where defenses can't just bull rush the QB every play.....and potential of the running game has to be respected on any given down. . 

The schedule is the worst problem obviously.

Archived