Put On Your Spikes, It's Go Time....

The road to Omaha starts in Auburn today with Georgia Southern.

Coach Thompson sent a text bright and early this morning that reads in part  "As we begin another season of Auburn baseball on The Plains, I just want to say thank you for all the prayers and support we have received...."   One of the many reasons why I bellieve we are headed to a place we've never experienced in Auburn baseball history.  Track 'em Tigers.

Related image

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

The road to Omaha starts in Auburn today with Georgia Southern.

Coach Thompson sent a text bright and early this morning that reads in part  "As we begin another season of Auburn baseball on The Plains, I just want to say thank you for all the prayers and support we have received...."   One of the many reasons why I bellieve we are headed to a place we've never experienced in Auburn baseball history.  Track 'em Tigers.

Related image

Didn't see it happening quite this way...I did think we had the talent and the right guy at the helm. 

14 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/06/11/college-world-series-baseball-vanderbilt-arkansas

Sports Illustrated has ranked us as the worst team in Omaha! Let's prove 'em wrong!

Yeah, we have to be the worst team - we beat GT (#3?) and NC (#14?).   Both on their field...I am guessing they are considering the entire season, not the last month or so.   I wonder if any other team had to beat such similar competition on their home fields.

Auburn ended up with a tough draw for certain.  Oh well, I bet State and Vandy are saying, "crap, we have to go through Auburn to advance to the finals."   Haha... 

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Yeah, we have to be the worst team - we beat GT (#3?) and NC (#14?).   Both on their field...I am guessing they are considering the entire season, not the last month or so.   I wonder if any other team had to beat such similar competition on their home fields.

Auburn ended up with a tough draw for certain.  Oh well, I bet State and Vandy are saying, "crap, we have to go through Auburn to advance to the finals."   Haha... 

I'm hoping they don't say that. Since they both had no trouble with Auburn during SEC play.....I hope they are greatly underestimating our Tigers.

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I was just getting ready to post in a similar context. Auburn is averaging 8.5 runs per game in the tournamentwhile allowing a little under 5. This with a depleted pitching staff. The other teams aren't looking forward to Auburn. At least I don't think I would be if I was them. 

No teams in the field further west than Lubbock, TX.  Those far west teams were a staple for years.  UCLA got beat as a 1 seed.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I was just getting ready to post in a similar context. Auburn is averaging 8.5 runs per game in the tournament while allowing a little under 5. This with a depleted pitching staff. The other teams aren't looking forward to Auburn. At least I don't think I would be if I was them. 

Auburn is not necessarily putting up eye-popping numbers (outside of offensively in the Supers), but they consistently find ways to win ball games, and that is a scary trait to have to go through. A team that knows how to win is just as dangerous as an offensive juggernaut, a lights out pitching staff, or a can't miss defense. Auburn is that team in this regional. They just know how to win the big ones.

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/06/11/college-world-series-baseball-vanderbilt-arkansas

Sports Illustrated has ranked us as the worst team in Omaha! Let's prove 'em wrong!

We are definitely in the tougher side of the bracket. No team outside the top 10 in current RPI. While the other side includes Michigan and FSU ranked 26th and 33 in RPI respectively.

Not sure what metrics they are using to say we are the worst other than purely looking at overall record (which means not taking into consideration our #1 SOS)

Archived