Greg Brown working on deal to leave AU

Maverick.AU

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

McGriff can flat out recruit, but correct me if I am wrong, our DBs didn't play that great.

I recall yelling at my tv a lot regarding coverage.    What am I missing?

I don't get where this is coming from. Now I'm no X&O football guy but I do know several who are. All say he is a excellent secondary coach. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Most businesses would consider them as mercenaries...not expected to stay more than a year or two I bet.

FIFY. 

ETA:  could also be considered a consultant in the business world.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't get where this is coming from. Now I'm no X&O football guy but I do know several who are. All say he is a excellent secondary coach. 

He is

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sometimes the players screw up believe it or not...There were plenty of times the players were in position last year and would just grab the opponent, instead of trusting their position and looking for the ball. For some reason, this has been considered a failure by the coaching staff by some fans. I am sure they weren't taught to do that.

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Sometimes the players screw up believe it or not...There were plenty of times the players were in position last year and would just grab the opponent, instead of trusting their position and looking for the ball. For some reason, this has been considered a failure by the coaching staff by some fans. I am sure they weren't taught to do that.

To your point, one of our starting CBs was a WR the year previous. And he did pretty good. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

To your point, one of our starting CBs was a WR the year previous. And he did pretty good. 

He will end up being the best out of all of them 

From the vibe here and looking at the big picture, I think I am going to buy Oregon tickets!

disclosure:  I have to - my son is a senior and I told him we need to make that game together.   Cool backstory:  his freshman year he hooked up with a fella and they have made 2-3 road games each season.  Seen some great venues and fun games.   I told him to bring his buddy along,  can't see this road game without his wingman.  

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

From the vibe here and looking at the big picture, I think I am going to buy Oregon tickets!

disclosure:  I have to - my son is a senior and I told him we need to make that game together.   Cool backstory:  his freshman year he hooked up with a fella and they have made 2-3 road games each season.  Seen some great venues and fun games.   I told him to bring his buddy along,  can't see this road game without his wingman.  

sein.gif

20 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Awesome! Enjoy the sights and smells of Eugene.

And by smells, I mean weed smells.

They smoke a lot of weed in Eugene, is what I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I am planning on watching it in "Jerry's World" aka Cowboy Stadium in Dallas.    Unless something changed on me.  No interest in Eugene.  Oregon is good for fly fishing and hiking.   Not sure I will get back to Oregon.

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

I am planning on watching it in "Jerry's World" aka Cowboy Stadium in Dallas.    Unless something changed on me.  No interest in Eugene.  Oregon is good for fly fishing and hiking.   Not sure I will get back to Oregon.

Oh that's right, whoops

On 2/18/2019 at 10:02 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

after USC finally realizes they're heavens and valleys away from UGA with Muschamp as HC.

Boom is about as good as USCe will get. People must forget how they have always been awful.

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

First, if the game was played in Eugene, there is no way I move my family back to Alabama without waiting for that game. Over a decade I was in Eugene, waiting and hoping to see my tigers play in Autzen.

Second, you don't just smell weed everywhere you go in Eugene. It IS recreationally legal there, but it's not legal to just sit outside smoking. You can't smoke in cars, you can't smoke in public, you can't smoke anywhere but your home legally. Sometimes if you hit the right place of the Saturday Market, you could smell some out in public, but as a whole... Just walking around Eugene, you are unlikely to see anyone smoking... Homeless people on every corner begging for money, yes.... Everyone smoking in public, no.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:54 PM, Beaker said:

Sorry Randman....don't take it personally.  Not meant that way.  I think the half of Oregon I saw was gorgeous:  Columbia River valley,  Mt Hood, Painted Hills, Bend, then the coastline was awesome.   Been there on vaca - long way to travel from TX

On 2/27/2019 at 5:35 PM, Beaker said:

Sorry Randman....don't take it personally.  Not meant that way.  I think the half of Oregon I saw was gorgeous:  Columbia River valley,  Mt Hood, Painted Hills, Bend, then the coastline was awesome.   Been there on vaca - long way to travel from TX

Lol. No worries. I was up on Mt. Hood skiing last weekend. Not a bad 45 min drive. I used to live in San Antonio. I would drive 45 minutes there and would only get to New Braunfels. 😀

23 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Lol. No worries. I was up on Mt. Hood skiing last weekend. Not a bad 45 min drive. I used to live in San Antonio. I would drive 45 minutes there and would only get to New Braunfels. 😀

45 min now might get you from West San Antonio to .....well, still West San Antonio.

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

45 min now might get you from West San Antonio to .....well, still West San Antonio.

So true. It's funny, SA proper is a small small town. 

Archived