Greg Brown working on deal to leave AU

Maverick.AU

FOR THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT IS HOLY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GUS PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH GRIMES OUT THE DOOR (not to hard. Do not want him to break a hip.) THIS IS NOT THE OLD DUDE WHO NEEDED TO GO MOST!!!!! Pappy McButterMilk (saw it from someone on 247 lol) Is who needs to go the most!!!!!!!! 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He leaves Auburn to go to Purdue in a lateral move?   WTH??

I am sure he was encouraged to take this job.

Just now, bigbird said:

McGriff to AU has been trying to happen for a while. He is who I'd expect back

Crime Dawg and Woodson is a NASTY combo on the trail. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

I would like to be the first to say,  “told you so” in reference to his ability to recruit and or develop.  

He is too much of a journeyman to prove himself otherwise.   

Yep. If we go back to his hire, you’d find I’d said the same thing. 

Purdue......Big Ten probably a good place to be a DB coach in a league where most teams run the ball every chance they get. 

I would not want to be a DB coach in the Big 12. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. If we go back to his hire, you’d find I’d said the same thing. 

I got down voted by bird for that post,   It is not mean spirited at all... it is just stating the obvious about his journeyman ways.   Glad you agree.  We saw it coming from a year away... lol. 

1 hour ago, wareagle881 said:

And the dump across the state has lost more coaches than we have without a coaching change. What is your point? Coaches come and go all the time, not always because something else is going on behind the scenes. People make it what they want to fit their agenda. We will still field a team with coaches so who cares. 

The dump across the state is in trouble too. They have a boat load of talent on their bench. NS keeps his analyst positions stocked with qualified replacements but he has had some good coaches leave this year for equal positions elsewhere it will come back to haunt him come season time. Problem is unlike them we are not filling those positions with experienced folks but start ups, much like those in the non P5 groups.

14 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I got down voted by bird for that post,   It is not mean spirited at all... it is just stating the obvious about his journeyman ways.   Glad you agree.  We saw it coming from a year away... lol. 

Bird was a pretty big defender of Ronald McDonald. And yeah I get it. It’s hard to warm up to someone who is probably going to leave sooner than later.

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Crime Dog never sold his house in Auburn and his family never moved with him. I know I live across the street!

Didn't his son stay with AU as a walk on and not go with him to Ole Miss?

I hope we get McGriff back in the fold. He did a good job and is a solid recruiter. I liked Coach Brown, but if a coach wants to move on, then more power to him!

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Cue A4E asking about hiring Dell McGee

you know, getting McGee to come home would be a nice get. I doubt it will happen.

33 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Crime Dog never sold his house in Auburn and his family never moved with him. I know I live across the street!

What are you doing on here then!  Go over and ask them what’s up!

I dont know what anybody saw in Greg Brown to the point of him being defended like he was this season. There wasnt many worthwhile DBs brought into the fold, the ones that were new didnt look amazing and the ones that were here already looked worse. Not all of this was him or their fault, the scheme also got exposed often, but it's not like we lost anyone of incredible value here

McGriff looked like thrice the coach to my eyes, I'd hope he'd be brought back and maybe that would a light a fire under JD to come back to his senses 

Why not get an additional o-line coach for Tackles and let Woodson keep the secondary for himself? I believe other programs have had two oline coaches. Maybe Gus is looking for the o-line recruiting coach and also keeping JBG?

Looking over his job history, I can't see why anyone was surprised by this move. 

I for one, will be happy to get the Crime Dog back on staff. However looking at things realistically, he will probably only be around for a couple of seasons at the most before he would get another DC job...

Archived