Greg Brown working on deal to leave AU

Maverick.AU

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Please explain the Tennessee game.

Players were in position to make plays and didn't. Coach job is to get them in the right position to succeed. Dean was sometimes beaten because he's the last of a dying breed of actually using "bump" in the term bump and run. 

On 2/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Crime Dog never sold his house in Auburn and his family never moved with him. I know I live across the street!

Weellllll, we’re waaiiting??? What did you find out on your friendly neighborhood visit across the street??? 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You don't grade a coach on one game. 

They werent even on the same side of the field at times against UA and looked bad at times against UGA too. Washington game, they couldnt keep up 1 on 1 either (some tough passes, granted). That tennessee game just was the biggest atrocity 

46 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They werent even on the same side of the field at times against UA and looked bad at times against UGA too. Washington game, they couldnt keep up 1 on 1 either (some tough passes, granted). That tennessee game just was the biggest atrocity 

Washington, LSU and Rocky Top game stood out as our guys getting Moss'd over and over. But this has been a problem for a long long long time. Not just this season. It seems no matter who the position coach is or the DC or Head Coach teams continually make miraculous catches against us year to year.  Just like Auburn and always being a bad FT shooting team. And there is very few plays that stick out in my mind of our guys making NFL type catches through the years. Which makes sense when you see our lack of great passing statistics and we have never had even 1 star WR in the NFL. The best we got was Frank Sanders who was solid. 

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Washington, LSU and Rocky Top game stood out as our guys getting Moss'd over and over. But this has been a problem for a long long long time. Not just this season. It seems no matter who the position coach is or the DC or Head Coach teams continually make miraculous catches against us year to year.  Just like Auburn and always being a bad FT shooting team. And there is very few plays that stick out in my mind of our guys making NFL type catches through the years. Which makes sense when you see our lack of great passing statistics and we have never had even 1 star WR in the NFL. The best we got was Frank Sanders who was solid. 

Brother, I am so glad somebody else sees it this way. Of all the JABA crap, this makes the least sense to me. It happens all. the. time.  

It's almost perfectly encapsulated by the Ole Miss game in 2003. Eli freaking Manning performed surgery on us in the 2nd half of that game. Working the sidelines, back shoulder throws, all of it. And then we lose the game because Ben Obamanu drops the easiest opportunity of his career in the end zone. Lol! War Eagle!

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Brother, I am so glad somebody else sees it this way. Of all the JABA crap, this makes the least sense to me. It happens all. the. time.  

It's almost perfectly encapsulated by the Ole Miss game in 2003. Eli freaking Manning performed surgery on us in the 2nd half of that game. Working the sidelines, back shoulder throws, all of it. And then we lose the game because Ben Obamanu drops the easiest opportunity of his career in the end zone. Lol! War Eagle!

YES!!! at least the 03 ole miss game you are talking about a future number 1 pick in the nfl draft was surgical vs us. Joe Burrows I SWEAR was perfect on third and Auburn in this years game vs us. And the UT QB had never had a sec game where he threw for 200 yards LET ALONE the 300 he threw vs Us. JUST SMH it ALWAYS happens. Average qbs look amazing vs us. ESPECIALLY when the backup comes in. 2010 Arky Tyler Wilson absolutely annihilated us when Ryan Mallet got knocked out. THANK GOD we have the GOAT college qb in Cam!!!!!!!

IMO Steele should not have had those guys on islands like that....you live by the blitz and sometimes you die by it. Some of his defensive calls puzzled the hell outta me especially the LSU game....

On 2/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn is truly a program of streaks and trends. Our most skilled WR we've "produced" this millennium, of course, got kicked out before he could completely show that promise. How things go. But yeah our DBs have had horrendous knowledge on when or how to look back and fight for the ball for a while, but I don't think brown did anything to help that. Maybe if Wes fails to amend that, we can bring in Travaris Robinson after USC finally realizes they're heavens and valleys away from UGA with Muschamp as HC.

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn is truly a program of streaks and trends. Our most skilled WR we've "produced" this millennium, of course, got kicked out before he could completely show that promise. How things go. But yeah our DBs have had horrendous knowledge on when or how to look back and fight for the ball for a while, but I don't think brown did anything to help that. Maybe if Wes fails to amend that, we can bring in Travaris Robinson after USC finally realizes they're heavens and valleys away from UGA with Muschamp as HC.

To be fair to Boom outside of spurrier he is having about as much success as anyone will ever have at  Usc Lite. They are a historically awful program. They never had  a 10 win season before Spurrier let alone 3 eleven win seasons in a row. Muschamp 22-17 overall there is about the best you can expect from them. It is going to be even tougher going forward because Clemson is not just a solid program now. They are a great program and one of the top 2 premiere programs in all of college football at this moment. They are not going to be able to get anyone to recruit as good as Boom will recruit there. I agree with all of the rest of what you said. T Rob has never been away from Muchamp though. He is attached to the hip with him. I hope he comes home someday for sure. But IDK if I want him to be DC right away if we do.

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

But yeah our DBs have had horrendous knowledge on when or how to look back and fight for the ball for a while, but I don't think brown did anything to help that.

If I remember correctly from Bird's thread he created on the different techniques of DB's, they played it correctly on how Brown wanted it done.  Not an expert by any means, but I think it was just a different technique than we were used to.  If I recall, our DB's were playing to the eyes of the WR and raking the ball away.  Once the DB turns his head he slows down considerably, which is why they didn't.  This in turn made it tempting for referees to throw the flag since the DB did not turn his head to defend.

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If I remember correctly from Bird's thread he created on the different techniques of DB's, they played it correctly on how Brown wanted it done.  Not an expert by any means, but I think it was just a different technique than we were used to.  If I recall, our DB's were playing to the eyes of the WR and raking the ball away.  Once the DB turns his head he slows down considerably, which is why they didn't.  This in turn made it tempting for referees to throw the flag since the DB did not turn his head to defend.

It is Steele's scheme not Brown's. Position coaches just implement what the coordinator wants

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

T Rob has never been away from Muchamp though. He is attached to the hip with him. I hope he comes home someday for sure. But IDK if I want him to be DC right away if we do.

Maybe he'll be our Kirby Smart.  😐

On 2/15/2019 at 11:53 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is nonsense. When a coaching change is made, most of the time, the entire staff is replaced... offense and defense... Sometimes, there are a few lucky ones that are held onto, but for the majority of the time the entire staff is replaced.

We have lost 3 coaches this off season. One is now a HC, by way of another school, but a HC nonetheless. One was replaced that everyone paying attention to the program wanted changed. And one is a journeyman who is now at his 5th job in 6 seasons.

I'm with you about the rest, but that part is nonsense. 

It’s not just on the field it offthe field also. They are recruiting folks and operational folks. They may not seem important to the average Joe but they are really important. Most of these folks have been with Gus for a while and were his go to guys. They are the guys that normally travel with a coach from one school to another. Part of Gus’s internal team.

58 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They are the guys that normally travel with a coach from one school to another. Part of Gus’s internal team.

Not really. They're typically coaches getting their foot in the door that are trying to move up and onward as quickly as possible.  

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not really. They're typically coaches getting their foot in the door that are trying to move up and onward as quickly as possible.  

Most businesses would consider them as interns...not expected to stay more than a year or two I bet.

McGriff can flat out recruit, but correct me if I am wrong, our DBs didn't play that great.

I recall yelling at my tv a lot regarding coverage.    What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

McGriff can flat out recruit, but correct me if I am wrong, our DBs didn't play that great.

I recall yelling at my tv a lot regarding coverage.    What am I missing?

We do that every year with our DBs tbh. Does not matter who the coach is. 

Archived