Men vs. Vanderbilt

WarTiger

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

harper had all of the assists but ONE!!!!!.....that says a lot

The fact that Harper had only 1 turnover vs 6 last game and the team had only 7 turnovers vs 14 last game made a big difference too. If we can work it in to the bigs more when defenses come out on the 3 point line that will help.

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i didn't see the va. tech vs. ncst game where ncst scored like 24 points for the game, but i imagine it was worse than this one we just finished....but today was just some bad basketball

neither team did much to enhance the reputation of the SEC as regards basketball....

Just now, AU64 said:

neither team did much to enhance the reputation of the SEC as regards basketball....

if brown ever took another "pom pom, fall back 3 " like he did in crunch time, with us having a lead, i would call timeout, take him out and beat him with my shoe in front of everybody in the world

Just now, augolf1716 said:

19 years since we last won at Memorial 19 longgggggggggg frickin years I'll damn well take it.

gtrr.gif

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

19 years to the day since we last won at Memorial 19 longgggggggggg frickin years I'll damn well take it.

You have toenails older than that.

@Dual-Threat Rigby was not even born yet the last time we beat Vandy and I was only 11 lol. So Hell yah I will take this W and be happy about it! I do not care how ugly it was or how bad we played or how bad vandy is! hahaha.

OOF. We need the Wiley who was in Maui. That dude was playing some good ball. 

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YES FAM!!!! BRUCE IS ABOUT BREAKING STREAKS!!!! Gus aint about that life!!!! At vandy and ANY game vs florida is our bball version of playing at red stick!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH STREAKS ARE DUNZO THIS SEASON!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!! LOVE BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!! But I do not love this team. THEY DRIVE ME bat ish CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Bruce has finally learned TO STOP PLAYING SAMIR BIG MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!! Dunbar ain't great but he dang sure is better than Samir. I mean usually samir struggles against good competition but today he was struggling against the worst vandy team of all time. YIKES!!!!!!!! Dunbar hit the dagger that was BIG TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!!!!!!!!

Gwill when are you going to come out of your shell man? The shyness routine is getting old.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Gwill when are you going to come out of your shell man? The shyness routine is getting old.

When Bruce comes out of his shell and gets a robust personality like Mr Personality Gus Malzahn!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

When Bruce comes out of his shell and gets a robust personality like Mr Personality Gus Malzahn!

When I can't sleep I replay a Gus press conference. Works better than counting sheep.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

When I can't sleep I replay a Gus press conference. Works better than counting sheep.

Thanks for the pro tip fam! Going to have to try that soon.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Leave football out of this forum...

ewer.gif

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

19 years to the day since we last won at Memorial 19 longgggggggggg frickin years I'll damn well take it.

Golf, I remember the game, not the year so much but the game was played at Vandy and Auburn only got to take two foul shot... two f.....g  foul shots for the ENTIRE game. By the way, Auburn lost that game.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I was at this game and it was a struggle as I recall. It’s always a struggle at this gym. Seems like Porter had a big dunk at the end that sorta sealed it. Good times. Cliff and the boys was rolling then. Had no idea what kind of slump we were heading in to a couple seasons later. 

So this was a win.....but you also have to look at how we played. Now if somebody offer criticism of our play if you decide to not listen it's crazy to be surprised when we do lose and go into panic mode and Bruce can't coach and all that.....no you just chose to convince yourself stuff that's not true. Bruce is actually doing a pretty good job with what he has to work with. I've noticed people passive aggressive posts about him lately. I'm hoping he can pull off some magic next month

Defense was great today. Our offense is still bad. We really need to figure out how to be diverse. 

The Auburn crowd today was awesome (I was at the game). There were probably an even amount of Auburn fans to Vanderbilt fans if you took away the students. It was AUesome to see

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

sSo this was a win.....but you also have to look at how we played. Now if somebody offer criticism of our play if you decide to not listen it's crazy to be surprised when we do lose and go into panic mode and Bruce can't coach and all that.....no you just chose to convince yourself stuff that's not true. Bruce is actually doing a pretty good job with what he has to work with. I've noticed people passive aggressive posts about him lately. I'm hoping he can pull off some magic next month

The good news is Okeke seems to be playing better, this game he kept Dunbar in more, the bad news is our guards keep the ball to much and don't look for anybody else.  Brown can be instant offense but when he is not hitting he hurts the team by not trying to get the ball to the hot player.

We need to see a lot more of Dunbar and Purifoy at the three.  I think we have lost our big men this year because they are getting frustrated when they get open on cuts or get good position down low they are not getting the ball. That affect not only our scoring but it affects their effort on the boards.  I know we can board better then we have in last few games because I saw the bama game. bama is near the top in boards in the SEC and we matched them by crashing the boards and blocking out. Since then we have quit doing that.

Height helps with rebounding but position, blocking out, and effort are more important than height.

Archived