Baseball vs Georgia Southern Game 2

Tense moment as Tanner Burns gets hit with a line drive right back up the middle- looks like it got him on the shoulder. 

The champ comes right back and sits down the next batter with three straight swinging fastballs. Casey Mize- esque there.

Going to B1 no score 

Just now, BJCrawford said:

Where’s tigerbelle?? Her baseball crush knocked in three runs this inning😎

I'm here.....watching the game and having a new dryer delivered at the same time..... total chaos!

The delivery guy first fell over a step coming into the house and then he thought he did something wrong when I yelled "OH NO" really loud because Tanner Burns got hit. I scared him to death ! 😜

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm here.....watching the game and having a new dryer delivered at the same time..... total chaos!

The delivery guy first fell over a step coming into the house and then he thought he did something wrong when I yelled "OH NO" really loud because Tanner Burns got hit. I scared him to death ! 😜

That was a scary hit, especially the way Burns reacted. He seems to be ok thankfully

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Casey Mize- esque there.

Great call. His legacy will be felt for years to come...he wasn’t just a dominant natural talent. The grit he showed Burns, Davis, Greenhill et al how to compete with is something that has to be experienced to be understood. 

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

That was a scary hit, especially the way Burns reacted. He seems to be ok thankfully

It was very scary. I thought for sure he was going to be seriously injured. I was so relieved when both he and the delivery guy got up off the ground and shook it off...

Mark Fuller in the booth doing commentary on the TV broadcast with his son getting his Auburn debut on the mound. Gives up a two run dinger to his first batter faced. Dads comment “welcome to college baseball.”  

L. O. L. 

Cold night I guess...but he really ripped that one.....pitch was grooved....making a breaking ball that did not move?  

I’ll take my downvotes early this year as I definitely deserve it for being this kneejerk this early in the season, but I’m usually leading the baseball optimism brigade so forgive me...

I don’t have high hopes for this season. You don’t lose a talent like Mize and not miss a beat. Not sure why Butch pitches two true freshmen in a 4-0 game today either. Need all the out of conference wins possible, and it’s looking like we’re throwing one away early. 

Surprised by all the preseason projections of 2 seed as well. If Auburn makes the postseason this season as strong as this league is, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. So I’ll try to view this season through that low expectations prism and just hope the talented freshman grow and are ready to get after it in 2020

This game means little right now. We will lose some early but I believe this team will be a tough out by mid season. We are playing a lot of freshman though. 

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

This game means little right now. We will lose some early but I believe this team will be a tough out by mid season. We are playing a lot of freshman though. 

Was nice to see Watson have a good day in relief. Also nice to see Glavine put up a donut. 

Archived