Teennessee vs Kentucky #1

AURex

Wow! I guess the refs just decided they were not going to call any fouls on UK. It's like "bring you sledge hammer and bash away" for UK. Normally, I'm a UK fan, because I spent years on campus there, but this has been ridiculous.

Wonder what the next game will be like in Knoxville in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, Duke and Virginia move up.

The loss to UK...and how it looked, cost UT pretty big in the polls this week.....(feb 18) as they dropped to #5 and Duke back to #1.   I think what hurt UT most was not just the loss and how it looked but some lingering suspicion that they are not quite as good as their record and might not do too well in a tough road to finish in the SEC.

The real question is (and it is a question), can UT play against teams with talented size inside. Because the way they were being abused was bashing inside and not matching up with UK's inside aggressiveness. That may not be what they encounter in the NCAA.

And if Kentucky continues to play this kind of really aggressive, smash-mouth inside game, will the refs tolerate it? They got away with it at home in Rupp. Will refs in the NCAA tourney put up with these football lineman tactics in the tourney? If they DO go along with gangsta-B, Kentucky might be able to hang with teams like Duke, UVA, UNC and Gonzaga. If the refs prefer a less combative style of play, UK may have problems.

2 hours ago, AURex said:

The real question is (and it is a question), can UT play against teams with talented size inside. Because the way they were being abused was bashing inside and not matching up with UK's inside aggressiveness. That may not be what they encounter in the NCAA.

And if Kentucky continues to play this kind of really aggressive, smash-mouth inside game, will the refs tolerate it? They got away with it at home in Rupp. Will refs in the NCAA tourney put up with these football lineman tactics in the tourney? If they DO go along with gangsta-B, Kentucky might be able to hang with teams like Duke, UVA, UNC and Gonzaga. If the refs prefer a less combative style of play, UK may have problems.

Seems that in the tournament refs adopt more of a " let 'em play" attitude which won't help us at all...but will fit the more physical teams like UK...and LSU.

Archived