2020 3* OT Trey Zimmerman (UNC)

ellitor

11 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I know it is just the way the pic is,  but look how small his hand is...   lol.  Westerman with short arms,  now Zimmerman with small hands    Kidding   

7C018F0B-3FEB-406F-B6A9-F912FB2FC138.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that final 4... 

We will know if he is more concerned with football or education. 

Honestly, i couldnt pass up an offer from Duke. The football would be bad, but you could rarely find a better education than Duke.

Seriously, to me, i dont see how we are in his top 4. You would think, with the other 3, Stanford or Notre Dame would be in our spot...

13 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I know it is just the way the pic is,  but look how small his hand is...   lol.  Westerman with short arms,  now Zimmerman with small hands    Kidding   

7C018F0B-3FEB-406F-B6A9-F912FB2FC138.jpeg

38FC0CD7-D513-49D3-B25B-E535EB2990D6.gif

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

With that final 4... 

Honestly, i couldnt pass up an offer from Duke. The football would be bad, but you could rarely find a better education than Duke.

Seriously, to me, i dont see how we are in his top 4. You would think, with the other 3, Stanford or Notre Dame would be in our spot...

Your recruiting hot takes are so strange sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

With that final 4... 

Agree.....interesting that we are in that group.....not quite at the same academic level with Duke perhaps so guess he just likes AU and the possibility of a good education and a good football experience too.   

But IMO you are right...Stanford and ND have a way of going about anywhere in the US and getting pretty good players who are also interested in their academics....and expect they might be nosing around sooner or later too. .  Stanford already has a good number of guys from Georgia and Alabama on their roster. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I have no hot takes. Only things i see with my own two eyes. 

Yes but you often post recruiting opinions that are good general standard opinions but at the same time looks like you have not looked at an actual individual recruitment at all. If  paid attention to this recruitment via info in other posts in this thread it would not surprise you at all AU is in his final 4.

E like others I saw the camp Video and was not impressed but realize camp videos don't always tell the true story. I saw where some people were saying the D has a big advantage because it is One on One and no pads. That said I have seen other O-Lineman look a lot better in the same drills over the years.  I am assuming our coaches have seen a good bit of film or seen him in person.  How high do our coaches rate him?  Especially Grimes.

36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

How high do our coaches rate him?  Especially Grimes.

Don't have answer to those specific  type questions. I just know from what I've read that he's a take for the staff.

4 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Not even close, Mate.  Not even close.

my wife is a dukie…...I know what to expect.....but a great college education is available at most schools if the student applies him or herself....and that includes AU.

Maybe we are forgetting to consider campus culture.  I have not visited or UNC / Duke, but I have GT and just saying Auburn has a pretty cool vibe.  Some kids don't like 'stuffy'  and I am kind of assuming Duke / UNC may be that way.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

my wife is a dukie…...I know what to expect.....but a great college education is available at most schools if the student applies him or herself....and that includes AU.

That absolutely includes Auburn. There are very few schools I put as clearly better than AU. Everyone knows about the engineering program, but we've got a top notch veterinary school, a top notch pharmacy school, a top notch architecture program, a top notch math and science program, a top notch agriculture program, and with the money Lowder has put into it, a top notch business school to boot. Our liberal arts aren't exactly strong spots, and we don't have a med school or a law school, but for a public land grant university, I'd say we're at the top of the heap.

24 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That absolutely includes Auburn. There are very few schools I put as clearly better than AU. Everyone knows about the engineering program, but we've got a top notch veterinary school, a top notch pharmacy school, a top notch architecture program, a top notch math and science program, a top notch agriculture program, and with the money Lowder has put into it, a top notch business school to boot. Our liberal arts aren't exactly strong spots, and we don't have a med school or a law school, but for a public land grant university, I'd say we're at the top of the heap.

And......"With a storied tradition of blending practical and professional construction education principles, the McWhorter School of Building Science has earned the distinction of being one of the largest and most respected construction management programs  in the United States."

Just now, Beaker said:

And......With a storied tradition of blending practical and professional construction education principles, the McWhorter School of Building Science has earned the distinction of being one of the largest and most respected construction management programs  in the United States.

Is Building Science a separate program from COSAM? You're absolutely right, of course, I just thought it was under the sciences and mathematics banner.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Maybe we are forgetting to consider campus culture.  I have not visited or UNC / Duke, but I have GT and just saying Auburn has a pretty cool vibe.  Some kids don't like 'stuffy'  and I am kind of assuming Duke / UNC may be that way.

I believe UNC is plenty normal, and have heard Chapel Hill is somewhat like Auburn but even more laid back.   Harder school to get into I believe, but not near as competitive as Duke. 

48 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is Building Science a separate program from COSAM? You're absolutely right, of course, I just thought it was under the sciences and mathematics banner.

No sir....   

Just had to plug my school E - 

Not sure Z-man would fare very well in Building Sci.   He should study something like Engineering or Pharmacy so he can keep his grades up.    Haha

back on track.

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

Duke and UNC are quite beautiful campuses (campii?) ....been to both of them many times...family attended, graduated from both and grandchildren waiting in line to attend one or the other.   UNC is a huge campus and very spread out with the Med School claiming some of the prime territory and pretty much the same for Duke.  So....to each his own.   JMO but other than ;the original campus, I find the lack of organization, distances and lack of cohesion off-putting at the NC schools. 

But, the recently refurbished AU campus is very impressive and I'll put the atmosphere and such up against anyone...and football at AU is lightyears ahead of both schools for fans and players too.   And as we've discussed, the academic opportunities at AU are great.....as they are at the other schools. No need to back down on the academic front. 

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes, Architecture

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Duke and UNC are quite beautiful campuses (campii?) ....been to both of them many times...family attended, graduated from both and grandchildren waiting in line to attend one or the other.   UNC is a huge campus and very spread out with the Med School claiming some of the prime territory and pretty much the same for Duke.  So....to each his own.   JMO but other than ;the original campus, I find the lack of organization, distances and lack of cohesion off-putting at the NC schools. 

But, the recently refurbished AU campus is very impressive and I'll put the atmosphere and such up against anyone...and football at AU is lightyears ahead of both schools for fans and players too.   And as we've discussed, the academic opportunities at AU are great.....as they are at the other schools. No need to back down on the academic front. 

Duke is the prettiest central campus I've been to and I've been to many. UNC academics is no better than AU but neither is in the same class as Duke. The quality of student there is on a completely different level and the opportunities that a Duke education opens are far greater. Academics, however, is usually what you make it- I just happen to believe that "iron sharpens iron" and there is a far greater density of "iron" at Duke (or Stanford, the Ivys, etc) than at AU. I'm proud of my AU degrees and feel like I've done fairly well with them. But after re-visiting Duke with my daughter as a prospective student this past fall....damn, that's an impressive place. It also struck me as a cutthroat/high intensity academic environment that I wouldn't have enjoyed or thrived in so its not for everybody.

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

But after re-visiting Duke with my daughter as a prospective student this past fall....damn, that's an impressive place. It also struck me as a cutthroat/high intensity academic environment that I wouldn't have enjoyed or thrived in so its not for everybody.

Agree 100%   big difference culturally from the typical southern university......mostly out of region students,  northeast primarily     So that even UNC just down the road or NCSU just a bit further down the road are much more "southern" and welcoming. ..from our experience.  Two nephews graduated from Duke (plus wifie), son and son in law from UNC, daughter from UNC-G and grand kids in NCSU.  All are great places to attend college since AU out of state was out of the question.  

I've been told that the key to Duke or the ivy's is actually getting in....and once there ?   depends on what the student decides to make of the opportunity. 

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

E like others I saw the camp Video and was not impressed but realize camp videos don't always tell the true story. I saw where some people were saying the D has a big advantage because it is One on One and no pads. That said I have seen other O-Lineman look a lot better in the same drills over the years.  I am assuming our coaches have seen a good bit of film or seen him in person.  How high do our coaches rate him?  Especially Grimes.

The plan is to get a couple of guys on board and then get after the "big dogs". Zimmerman is one who AU hopes to get on board ASAP. He is a guy who will redshirt and take a year or two to get into the rotation, if he progresses. 

Archived