2020 3* OT Trey Zimmerman (UNC)

ellitor

🤑

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Of course all of that was from my subscription to pay sites. :nanner:

I can only afford 1 pay site! My wife would send me out to pasture if I subscribed to more than one! ☠️

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I think we've got a few guys who are or will be on campus this year who can help us out in 2020, but I do think we'll see at least one or two first year players on the offensive front.....

We're good for 2020. With what we've got right now that will still have eligibility left in 2020 we could line up Brahms or Irvin at center, Manning or Stutts at one guard, Hamm or Irvin at the other guard, Troxell and Jackson at the tackles. That leaves top-level recruit K. Jones and this year's other two OL signees to put somewhere. All these guys I've named will be two years older by 2020 and that makes a difference. These all were highly rated recruits that will be ready by then.

What we're doing with increased numbers in this coming signing class is getting guys that will be in their second year on the team by 2021. That's when we'll need them. Planning three years ahead is necessary when dealing with OL guys. As someone noted above, it takes most of them more time for some reason.

10 hours ago, theoldvet said:

Recently received offers from FSU and Penn State.   That speaks volumes about his potential.

Penn St does but an FSU offer on the OL has lost some of it's luster in recent years given their OL work.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Penn St does but an FSU offer on the OL has lost some of it's luster in recent years given their OL work.

They're in a similar, if not worse, spot than we are.  Interesting to see if Kendall's new OL hire can right the ship.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, AUDevil said:

They're in a similar, if not worse, spot than we are.  Interesting to see if Kendall's new OL hire can right the ship.

The longer we hold on to Grimes, the greater the detriment to our OL. What the hell Gus is thinking by holding on to him is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

What the hell Gus is thinking by holding on to him is anyone's guess.

@AUwent That JB is a decent teacher.

A few other things in play FWIW: Dilly is helping him a lot with OL recruiting. Gus is now apparently listening to JB on the guys he wants per WDE. And JB is supposedly recruiting pretty hard per WDE.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, AUDevil said:

Right it how? In recruiting? coaching? I don't think he is allowed to recruit...

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Right it how? In recruiting? coaching? I don't think he is allowed to recruit...

@steeleagle Devil was talking about FSU, not AU & FSU OC Kendall Briles, not AU support staffer Kendall Simmons.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent That JB is a decent teacher.

A few other things in play FWIW: Dilly is helping him a lot with OL recruiting. Gus is now apparently listening to JB on the guys he wants per WDE. And JB is supposedly recruiting pretty hard per WDE.

Yet another example of CGM making positive changes! Hmmm

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not sure the "yet another" card should get played when he's only (hopefully) remedying his own mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is like managing 101 haha holy crap. This is why you hire experts in their particular field.

42 minutes ago, toddc said:

Again. Short term. Still need to see if it sticks after this recruiting class is over. Gus's track record so far in his career shows he doesn't make many long term changes.

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure the "yet another" card should get played when he's only (hopefully) remedying his own mistakes. 

And I wish the pro Gus-ers & nega Gus-ers would stop pushing their agendas, especially in the recruiting forum. This is not the place for it. It's gotten old & stale regardless the side people are on.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And I wish the pro Gus-ers & nega Gus-ers would stop pushing their agendas, especially in the recruiting forum. This is not the place for it. It's gotten old & stale regardless the side people are on.

Not sure why you replied to me with that rant but noted. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure why you replied to me with that rant but noted. 

@McLoofus It wasn't a rant nor directed to you at all. It was an supporting point going along with the point you had made.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just an observation, not trying to start a big hulabalu on the recruiting forum.

Hey, this Zimmerman kid is getting popular on the recruiting front. It would be great if he committed early to the good guys.

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just an observation, not trying to start a big hulabalu on the recruiting forum.

Understood but simple observations like that has started things in the recruiting forum.

18 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Hey, this Zimmerman kid is getting popular on the recruiting front. It would be great if he committed early to the good guys.

50/50

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Fair enough. I just don't want us to end up like Free Shoes U. Or worse, the Vawwwwwwls.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

50/50

Doesn't Auburn lead for this kid?  Are you saying AU 50% and sum of Duke GT, UNC, etc = 50% ?

16 minutes ago, autan said:

Doesn't Auburn lead for this kid?  Are you saying AU 50% and sum of Duke GT, UNC, etc = 50% ?

My guess is more of 50/50...  He signs or he doesn't.

:) 

18 minutes ago, autan said:

It’s an ongoing joke! Either he will or he won’t.

2 hours ago, autan said:

I was doing a big bird impression.

Archived