2020 3* OT Trey Zimmerman (UNC)

ellitor

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a solid player. Needs to be careful about getting caught holding moves his feet pretty well and drives through his block. Pad Level while not perfect wasn't as bad as most kids his age.

What level of ball does he play? Not that I'm an expert analyst of offensive line talent, but he was sure getting a lot of pancakes (though I realize this is meant to make him look good, so it only shows plays he did his job well). @ellitor What are the chances he might move up in the rankings? Not that I'm particularly concerned with that, because if Grimes is picking the players he thinks he can work with the best, that makes a great deal of difference, but I AM curious.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

What are the chances he might move up in the rankings?

No clue. I'm not an evaluator nor know any recruiting site rankers personally.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

What level of ball does he play?

Roswell is where Malik Willis played. It's 7A in Georgia which is the state's highest classification.

Just now, ellitor said:

Roswell is where Malik Willis played. It's 7A in Georgia which is the state's highest classification.

Since Roswell is 7A, that tells me more about how much stock to put in the film, because he would have been going up against a lot more quality players than playing for a lower classification. I just didn't know where Roswell was classified.

A big kid no doubt who I would love to get. Maybe he will get a boost to a 4 star rating before all is said and done. Heard he might commit real soon. This would be great. Sounds like we are serious about getting our fair share of OLs in the 2020 class. We need as many good OTs as we can get. Zimmerman looks like he is capable of big time pancake blocks!

Image result for pictures of corgis eating pancakes

10 hours ago, theoldvet said:

Trey Zimmerman Highlights #185 Rivals Camp Series Atlanta 2018 ...

April 2018 which is before his Jr. year.   

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Welcome @theoldvet  but we are supposed to post highlights not whippings. LOL I hope he’s improved the past year.

The good thing is he can be taught better technique.  You can't teach size.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The good thing is he can be taught better technique.  You can't teach size.

And who knows. He may be a guy that works better in a team lineconcept than one on ones.

2 hours ago, kinsaulj said:

I don’t see any positives in that performance. Least of which being the desire to succeed.

I don’t think there’s any way someone can measure his desire from those few one on one drills. He just flat out got beat most of the time.

I trust the coaches on this guy.  I think he can develop into a solid SEC caliber OT.  He will probably need to redshirt and get stronger with better footwork and all of the tangibles needed to be a starter down the road.  I can see him maybe hitting 6-7 & 310 lbs when he is ready to play. He is still growing being that he is 16 or 17. If you will look at his highlight film on the real playing field, he plays with passion and a mean streak.

3 hours ago, kinsaulj said:

Perhaps I was a little judgmental, but it looks to be a bad highlight film. JMO

It definitely is. Smells troll-ish since it's the poster's only post.

54 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If you will look at his highlight film on the real playing field, he plays with passion and a mean streak.

Yup!

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It definitely is. Smells troll-ish since it's the posyer's only post.

One on one drills mean crap....hell I was all american in one on one drills but got my sorry ass beat at least once in real games...

of course that's jmo

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

One on one drills mean crap....hell I was all american in one on one drills but got my sorry ass beat at least once in real games...

of course that's jmo

Thanks Golf. You obviously awoke from a drunken stupor to post your opinion here. Love the effort.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

of course that's jmo

Match play?

Archived