Alabama A and M at Auburn

AU64

Game is on streaming ….blustery weather and some hearty fans out there to watch the game...

Game tied 1-1 bottom of the 2nd

Some unfamiliar names in the line-up today but most of the guys playing against GSU were unfamiliar too. 

Another opposing pitcher with fast ball in the low 80s... :dunno:

Carson Skipper pitching for AU today. .....

Miserable day for baseball.....guess they are trying to get in an official game but can't see it going much longer...

skipper looks good, but i just don't see that mid/upper 80's fastball being effective in the sec.  i'd love to see him as the weekday starter and grind out 5 innings every week.  very workman like game by the team.  they seem locked in and playing this game well.

Just now, AUDub said:

Hate that they’re yanking Skipper, but a good move. 

i thought hed get one more inning.  protecting his arm after this last friday?  cold weather?  beginning of season?  or maybe just want to get him out after a dominant 4 innings with 8 K's?

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

skipper looks good, but i just don't see that mid/upper 80's fastball being effective in the sec.  i'd love to see him as the weekday starter and grind out 5 innings every week.  very workman like game by the team.  they seem locked in and playing this game well.

freshman....expect BT is gonna build him up a season or two.    Mize and Thompson both picked up several mph once they got into the program.     Skipper looked good...8 Ks and pretty efficient for such a poor day.....good control today. 

Just now, AU64 said:

freshman....expect BT is gonna build him up a season or two.    Mize and Thompson both picked up several mph once they got into the program.     Skipper looked good...8 Ks and pretty efficient for such a poor day.....good control today. 

yep, he lived on and just off that outside corner.  something about his motion made him look like he was throwing harder than the gun showed.

btw, is this plate ump being consistently inconsistent?  against both teams, but we seem to be better at the plate and therefore benefiting from the inconsistent calls.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

btw, is this plate ump being consistently inconsistent?  against both teams, but we seem to be better at the plate and therefore benefiting from the inconsistent calls.

anything close should be a strike.....and let's get this game over with....:)

Just now, AU64 said:

anything close should be a strike.....and let's get this game over with....:)

abso-freaking-lutely ... that is one miserable looking baseball weather!  pad some stats day and get young guys some playing time is the only benefit.

11 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

skipper looks good, but i just don't see that mid/upper 80's fastball being effective in the sec. 

Pitching is more than just velocity. Skipper worked fast and threw strikes. 8 strikeouts in a game (er, four innings) is something Steve Smith can absolutely work with. And probably more than most guys who ever took the hill in O&B ever hoped to do. 

Wind kept blowing that away from the RF.....and turned it into a triple....infielder  had problem and CF got lost.   tough day for anything hit in the air now

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pitching is more than just velocity. Skipper worked fast and threw strikes. 8 strikeouts in a game (er, four innings) is something Steve Smith can absolutely work with. And probably more than most guys who ever took the hill in O&B ever hoped to do. 

no doubt that is very impressive for a freshman, particularly in his second appearance - regardless of competition

Bah. Hate leaving the bases jacked, but it’s not like we can complain with a 7 run lead. 

11 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

no doubt that is very impressive for a freshman, particularly in his second appearance - regardless of competition

a freshman pitcher who can find the plate right to start with....that's a very nice thing to see...

Archived