We shouldn’t let the ISIS bride come back to America

DKW 86

We shouldn’t let the ISIS bride come back to America

Hoda Muthana, a 24-year-old American woman who left the US to join ISIS five years ago, is really sorry and wants to come home. We shouldn’t let her.

It should be obvious that when someone takes up arms against their country, they have committed treason and should never be allowed to return. Yet our friends across the pond are proving obvious it isn’t.

Britain is having a raging debate about whether they should allow back their own homegrown terrorist, Shamima Begum, who ran away to join ISIS four years ago. Begum actually admits she has no regrets about joining the Islamic State and wishes she was strong enough to stick it out. And still the Brits aren’t sure what to do with her! Diane Abbott, Britain’s shadow home secretary, said that sure, they would investigate and maybe prosecute Begum, but ultimately, “We are not in favour of making people stateless, that’s a punishment without due process.” Due process is for crime, not war. Begum understands we’re at war; Abbott does not.

That debate about whether to allow citizenship to extend to people who want to actually destroy their home country is coming to America.

Muthana is already laying the groundwork for her “My bad on the whole becoming a terrorist” thing.

“I believe that America gives second chances,” Muthana told The Guardian in her plea to return. Sorry, but no. Let’s not allow Muthana to use our openness and love of “second chances” against us. There are some things that are unforgivable and joining the enemy to fight your home country is among them.

In 2015, Muthana urged her fellow Muslims to randomly murder Americans, tweeting, “You have much to do while you live under our greatest enemy, enough of your sleeping! Go on drive-bys and spill all of their blood, or rent a big truck and drive all over them. Veterans, Patriot, Memorial etc Day parades…go on drive by’s + spill all of their blood or rent a big truck n drive all over them. Kill them.”

For Americans, the fight only sometimes reaches our shores, but it rages without end for many around the world. We can’t allow our comfort to make us naive. ISIS is a civilizational threat and they can wait out any culture that takes a soft approach toward them because it doesn’t understand that. Four short years ago, Americans were Muthana’s “greatest enemy.” Since then, she has married three different Islamic State fighters only to have each die fighting for the cause. Is it possible she’s had a change of heart despite that? Sure.

Should Americans care? No.

I dont know if i buy this one or not. People do change, we all change, and making a mistake at age 19 is very understandable. OTOH, most mistakes made at nineteen dont cover treason and urging the deaths of your fellow country men. 

Opinions?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont know if i buy this one or not. People do change, we all change, and making a mistake at age 19 is very understandable. OTOH, most mistakes made at nineteen dont cover treason and urging the deaths of your fellow country men. 

Opinions?

She was a 19 years old, and was easily persuaded by people who live for persuading. I don’t really care if they let her back in or not, if she broke the law. All I can think of is that the same people who claim that she committed treason and shouldn’t be allowed back are more than likely the ones b*itching about us taking down monuments of confederate traitors. It makes no sense. That’s the only the that stands out to me.

This is a tough one. Heart says let her return, try her, jail her and put her on every watch list known to man, and this is with the full knowledge that, had I pulled something similar, my ass would be rotting in Gitmo until the end of my days. 

What did this young idiot think was going to happen? 

41 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This is a tough one. Heart says let her return, try her, jail her and put her on every watch list known to man, and this is with the full knowledge that, had I pulled something similar, my ass would be rotting in Gitmo until the end of my days. 

What did this young idiot think was going to happen? 

She thought she was going to join ISIS and not hate her life. Then she realized she is a she and life isn’t all that great for she’s in Isis

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

She thought she was going to join ISIS and not hate her life. Then she realized she is a she and life isn’t all that great for she’s in Isis

Her kid is a complicator for me. 

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

"My bad" really

I’m guessing those were quotes referring to her comments and not what she literally said. But who knows. We live in a crazy world.

I don’t really know what to do or care. But I’m not surprised she left the best place in the world to join a terrorist org that suppresses women and now has reconsidered. Duh. 

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

She may have voluntarily renounced her citizenship if joining Isis is within the same vein of serving in a foreign military. 

Serving in a foreign military "engaged in hostilities with the US."   Yeah, not looking real good for her chances. 

All she has to do is get herself on tv and repeatedly say nice things about trump and she’ll get appointed to a political position in Washington..

2 hours ago, alexava said:

All she has to do is get herself on tv and repeatedly say nice things about trump and she’ll get appointed to a political position in Washington..

Too late....DT has already denounced her so the best TV choice are the women's shows on afternoon TV, GMA and feel good shows where she could show off her baby and discuss her dream for America.  

The dems will hop all over that and the 9th Circuit judges will vote unanimously to validate her citizenship and give her sanctuary in one of their cities.   If her attorney is any good at all, it should be a piece of cake.....all they have to do is figure out how to sneak her into California. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Too late....DT has already denounced her so the best TV choice are the women's shows on afternoon TV, GMA and feel good shows where she could show off her baby and discuss her dream for America.  

The dems will hop all over that and the 9th Circuit judges will vote unanimously to validate her citizenship and give her sanctuary in one of their cities.   If her attorney is any good at all, it should be a piece of cake.....all they have to do is figure out how to sneak her into California. 

The idea of the 9th circuit “validating her citizenship” is laughable. She’s a citizen. Any court that would dispute that isn’t worth its salt, no matter the venue. Nothing she did changes that. We literally can not deny her entry if she can make her way here.

That being said, I don’t care to waste the resources to bring her here. Let her make her own way. 

34 minutes ago, AUDub said:

She’s a citizen.

That's not necessarily true.....not sure where your law degree comes from but some actual attorneys don't agree with you. '  I was making a joke...but just barely.  I'm pretty sure that if she could make it to California, she would find sanctuary and her ISSI support would be ignored.    Surprised a "go fund me" site has not been established yet to pay her way. 

Just now, AU64 said:

That's not necessarily true.....not sure where your law degree comes from but some actual attorneys don't agree with you. '  I was making a joke...but just barely.  I'm pretty sure that if she could make it to California, she would find sanctuary and her ISSI support would be ignored.    Surprised a "go fund me" site has not been established yet to pay her way. 

Not necessarily true wth regard to her citizenship? Absolutely laughable. I’m not an attorney, but I’m also not an idiot. Whether or not she’s a citizen is subject to adjudication, not because Trump and Pompeo feel like yanking said citizenship. 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Whether or not she’s a citizen is subject to adjudication, not because Trump and Pompeo feel like yanking said citizenship. 

Have they indicated otherwise?

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have they indicated otherwise?

Yes. Pompeo declared she is not a US citizen. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Yes. Pompeo declared she is not a US citizen. 

Question about her father being a diplomat at the time of her birth........

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Question about her father being a diplomat at the time of her birth........

According to their attorney, he was not. 

Of course...an attorney would never lie to help his client....and JMO that was a timely dismissal to assure the child would have US citizenship but might be legal.  .

But of course there is this and there is plenty to put here in jeopardy under the expatriation provisions.  :  

INA § 349 states that a citizen, whether a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing certain acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality. The fact of intention is critical; it is not the mere performance of the actions mentioned in § 349. Seven types of conduct are currently listed in the INA as expatriate. The potentially expatriating acts are: (1) applying for and obtaining naturalization in a foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old; (2) making an oath of allegiance to a foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old; (3) serving in the military of a foreign country as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer or when the foreign state is engaged in hostilities against the United States; (4) serving in a foreign government position that requires an oath of allegiance to or the nationality of that foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old; (5) making a formal renunciation of U.S. citizenship to a consular officer outside of the United States; (6) making a formal renunciation of citizenship while in the United States and during time that the United States is involved in a war; and (7) conviction for treason or attempting by force to overthrow the U.S. government, including conspiracy convictions..

JMO...She might be better off not being a citizen.....would avoid imprisonment for her recruitment actions on behalf of ISIS if she just stayed where she is or gets asylum in Europe.  . 

I admit I don’t know if she is a citizen or not. It certainly matters but I don’t care. If she makes her way back here she should face charges for treason or something related to joining a US enemy ( terror network) and actively recruiting for them. 

She might be better off finding a peaceful are in the Middle East to raise her child. If she comes here there should be consequences. 

Archived