2019 Swimming & Diving SEC Championships

AlaskanFAN

2019 SEC Swimmimg and Diving Championships are being held at UGA. 

Today was day one.....

Men - 7th, 65 points behind 1st place UT.

Women - 5th, 39 points behind 1st place UF.

3 more days to go......

https://auburntigers.com/news/2019/2/19/swimming-diving-school-record-highlights-day-one-of-secs-d-championships.aspx

802D6F8C-CD05-413B-9B79-CD9518F52BD0.jpeg

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Still not moving back into being competitive in swimming? Or is it too soon for the new coach?

Way too soon. We have good recruits coming in though and this staff has already shown they can develop swimmers. Our women's 800 free relay was 8 seconds faster, and Santiago Grassi dropped serious time in his 50 free. It'll get back to championship level, but the culture had to be built back to what we had with Marsh.

Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

Way too soon. We have good recruits coming in though and this staff has already shown they can develop swimmers. Our women's 800 free relay was 8 seconds faster, and Santiago Grassi dropped serious time in his 50 free. It'll get back to championship level, but the culture had to be built back to what we had with Marsh.

thanks, even though that is a high bar to achieve. If there is improvement in times, then development definitely is working. 

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

thanks, even though that is a high bar to achieve. If there is improvement in times, then development definitely is working. 

NCAA championships are a realistic goal for the swim team just because of our history in swimming. The ability to consistently develop swimmers was seriously lacking in the previous staff... especially in the last few years. Once Coach Taylor gets a couple classes in here and they get a couple seasons of training and conditioning under their belt, we'll be back at championship level swimming.

It irks me in the worst way to finish worse than bammer at swimming. We need to get the program back to where we are in the top 3 competing for the SEC championship. I hope next year this will happen.

All conference Corgi swim team!

These adorable Corgi planter pots are perfect for herbs, succulents, small flowers, and whatever else you can think of! Made of high quality resin they will last a long time and will not rust or weath #corgis

35 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It irks me in the worst way to finish worse than bammer at swimming. We need to get the program back to where we are in the top 3 competing for the SEC championship. I hope next year this will happen.

These adorable Corgi planter pots are perfect for herbs, succulents, small flowers, and whatever else you can think of! Made of high quality resin they will last a long time and will not rust or weath #corgis

I'll take the black and white dog in the background

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It'll happen. They aren't going to be ahead of us for long.

3 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Big night for Auburn last night. A couple of silver medals and a gold. They were all by seniors though, so those will be guys we need to replace.

Do you have any updated scores?  Thanks & WDE

All conference Corgi free style relay team

Image result for picture of a corgi swimming

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Do you have any updated scores?  Thanks & WDE

All conference Corgi free style relay team

Image result for picture of a corgi swimming

These are the team scores following Day 3.

WOMEN
1. Texas A&M- 618.5   
2. Florida- 561.5
3. Tennessee- 557.5   
4. Georgia- 471.5
5. Auburn- 447   
6. Kentucky- 364
7. Arkansas- 346   
8. Missouri- 329.5
9. South Carolina- 278  
10. Louisiana State- 273.5
11. Alabama- 209  
12. Vanderbilt- 90

MEN
1. Florida- 636   
2. Missouri- 625
3. Texas A&M- 492   
4. Tennessee- 442
5. Alabama- 441.5   
6. Georgia- 436
7. Kentucky- 386.5   
8. Auburn- 343
9. South Carolina- 292  
10. Louisiana State- 265

I hope that this is the last year that our men's team will finish 8th place and will be near the top for 2020.

2 hours ago

🚨 SCHOOL RECORD ALERT 🚨 Erin Falconer, Carly Cumming, Aly Tetzloff & Claire Fisch finish 2️⃣nd with a new school record in the 400 Medley Relay 3️⃣:2️⃣9️⃣.0️⃣6️⃣

🚨 SEC CHAMPION 🚨 Aly Tetzloff wins the 💯 back in 50.92!

I was hoping for better results this season, but I hope recruiting will fill the needs of the team and next year we will be a top 3 SEC team. I hope we have fallen as far as we are going to with a huge rebound for the 2020 season.

• 1 month later...

So...one of the greatest coaches in AU swim and diving history wanted to come back...and was passed for an assistant coach specializing in distance races....in a sport dominated by sprints? Right...

On 4/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, tomcat said:

So...one of the greatest coaches in AU swim and diving history wanted to come back...and was passed for an assistant coach specializing in distance races....in a sport dominated by sprints? Right...

I haven't heard that Coach Marsh wanted to return to Auburn. I do know he wouldn't come as long as JJ was the AD. Those two had some "differences".

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I haven't heard that Coach Marsh wanted to return to Auburn. I do know he wouldn't come as long as JJ was the AD. Those two had some "differences".

Marsh:

You said we would have upgrades...

Jacobs:

Here you go. Do great things!

blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.co

Archived