Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Let's not compare ok? I was there during the Mag Dorm years 🤣

Ah yes, right across the street from Lil’ Henry’s. That started my love for biscuits and honey.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ah yes, right across the street from Lil’ Henry’s. That started my love for biscuits and honey.

yep. Ate there many of times. Lil Henry just about owned Auburn back then. 

And Noble Hall (girls dorm) was right next to Mag's. Great for pantie raids back then....

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

pantie raids

Well, that phrase has had its time.

42 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And Noble Hall (girls dorm) was right next to Mag's. Great for pantie raids back then....

The dog has to bury his bone somewhere. Why not next door!

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

yep. Ate there many of times. Lil Henry just about owned Auburn back then. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975cfe7a6b6562346832

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I was too, Aubie Hall!

One of my buddies lived over there and said there was some serious shenanigans going on. He hung out with me at Talon most of the time because two of his roommates were pot heads. I had the freshman negative 15 from going up and down the hill four times a day. Talon Hall is also where the unicycle guy lived. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/06/auburn-president-announces-work-group-to-explore-football-facility.html

Auburn COO Ron Burgess will be the chair of the group, which includes trustee Mike DeMaioribus, board member, Earlon McWhorter, as well as leadership from Auburn University.

They hope to have recommendations from the group by early fall.

AD Allen Greene said on the same day that they were continuing “to have conversations” about the football facility.

247Sports reported in early May that the $60 million project was more than half funded.

The tweets from Leath on Wednesday contrast to what he told 247Sports on May 31 when he said, “This is a complicated process, like any big, complicated building. We’ve got to do a lot of due diligence of what would be involved, what would be the estimated cost, these kind of things. So, there’s no decision if we’re even going to go forward. It’s still a due diligence period."

Just now, bigbird said:

Sounds like the board told Leath to get out of the way

Sounds to me like Leath wants his boys doing it. Earlon does not need to be involved at all. Let Greene handle this with the help of some BOT’s and others. This is JABA at its best. 

In what year do you expect this project to started and completed?  imho, the work will begin in mid 2020 and completed in 2022. Just my gut feeling and some Doc magic!  I picked Kentucky to go 10-2 last year and got this pretty much right, and predicted that we would beat Purdue by a score of 70-14. Would have gotten that one right if Gatewood's run that was a TD at the end of the game had have been called correctly!

I hope I am wrong and that this gets done sooner than my timetable!

12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sounds to me like Leath wants his boys doing it. Earlon does not need to be involved at all. Let Greene handle this with the help of some BOT’s and others. This is JABA at its best. 

Don’t know who Earlon is but why is Leath even announcing this and not Greene? His desperate attempt of rockstar status is not working. The projected timeline is lame..

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

picked Kentucky to go 10-2 last year and got this pretty much right, and predicted that we would beat Purdue by a score of 70-14. Would have gotten that one right if Gatewood's run that was a TD at the end of the game had have been called correctly!

I need you in my corner then. I don’t need your dog’s predictions though. lol

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know who Earlon is but why is Leath even announcing this and not Greene? His desperate attempt of rockstar status is not working. The projected timeline is lame..

Power grab and as WDE said, it is JABA at its best.   Leathe is further dividing an already divided group.  Greene is trying to get them on the same page.  IMO Greene is what Auburn needs.   I said from the beginning after doing some digging that Leathe is a crook, he is just looking to line his own pockets.  

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Power grab and as WDE said, it is JABA at its best.   Leathe is further dividing an already divided group.  Greene is trying to get them on the same page.  IMO Greene is what Auburn needs.   I said from the beginning after doing some digging that Leathe is a crook, he is just looking to line his own pockets.  

Where did we take a step back????

Months ago probably in January we were told we were looking into a 55-60 million dollar facility that will compete with Clemson’s AND that it would probably be at the old track next to the indoor practice facility.

Just last month we were by Greene that the fundraising was going really really good. 

So did we hit a snag and rocked back into brainstorming phase? The timeline keeps moving farther and farther away....

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Where did we take a step back????

Months ago probably in January we were told we were looking into a 55-60 million dollar facility that will compete with Clemson’s AND that it would probably be at the old track next to the indoor practice facility.

Just last month we were by Greene that the fundraising was going really really good. 

So did we hit a snag and rocked back into brainstorming phase? The timeline keeps moving farther and farther away....

The biggest issue that I knew of which has been discussed on here is the involvement of Gus.  Some want him involved others don’t think this a coaches place.  They point out that he has never been to any other facility college or pro.  This fact alone annoys many.  Besides Briles Gus has never visited another program.  As they say there is no good reason that Gus has not visited Rams, 49ers, Patriots, Green Bay, etc.  they think he should be in Arizona right now.  How do you improve on your craft without picking others brains and observing.  They point out that coaches don’t visit Auburn anymore as well.  At the very least deploy your assistant coaches to learn new training techniques especially the younger ones with small coaching trees.  Again this what we already know.

my biggest concern is that they need to build a facility with the future in mind for growth down the road.  Future renovations that can be done and keep it state of the art without looking like you are putting lipstick on a pig.   Personally I thought JJ used a lot of lipstick on facilities instead of thought out proper investments which have caused us more money in the long run.  Which also annoys donors.  Auburn Arena was well thought out, but that had to be done because the lipstick on the coliseum was fooling nobody any more.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I need you in my corner then. I don’t need your dog’s predictions though. lol

You will break Max's heart!

I expect the time line is partly based on fund raising...…only half way there.....and maybe this "announcement" is an effort to break loose some more money. 

Whether it is JABA.....or the way things get done in any bureaucracy ...having  BOT and other PTBs in the front end of a project helps keep down the second guessing when the plans are made public. ...need all the stakeholders involved from the start.    

There are plenty of smart people working for AU and associated with AU in a variety of ways....and I'm happy that Leath is taking advantage of their capabilities.  Spend the time and effort in the development end of the project...PP=PPP.   JMO but if AG is as smart as folks think he is, he DOES NOT want this to be just his project.   

And JMO but I really hate to see accusations of nefarious motives on this board about AU administration with absolutely no basis in fact. This is not Washington DC.

Just glad it’s processing. My gosh does it matter who gets credit ? Just get it done please 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I expect the time line is partly based on fund raising...…only half way there.....and maybe this "announcement" is an effort to break loose some more money. 

Whether it is JABA.....or the way things get done in any bureaucracy ...having  BOT and other PTBs in the front end of a project helps keep down the second guessing when the plans are made public. ...need all the stakeholders involved from the start.    

There are plenty of smart people working for AU and associated with AU in a variety of ways....and I'm happy that Leath is taking advantage of their capabilities.  Spend the time and effort in the development end of the project...PP=PPP.   JMO but if AG is as smart as folks think he is, he DOES NOT want this to be just his project.   

And JMO but I really hate to see accusations of nefarious motives on this board about AU administration with absolutely no basis in fact. This is not Washington DC.

I think you mean suspect and not expect.

Auburn can easily get bonds to move the project forward at this point one would think. Not my area of knowledge.

No one ever said it should just be AG’s project.

it is good to know that you are the decider of the basis of facts on this board.   Lol

you are right this is not D.C., Alabama politics are much worse. 🤪

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just glad it’s processing. My gosh does it matter who gets credit ? Just get it done please 

To us no, to some really big egos with big pockets yes.  I think they need to overcompensate for a small member.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Earlon is one of the BOT's who loves to meddle and make his opinion known on everything athletic related. He was one who could pull Jay's strings anytime he wanted. Agree 100% on Greene. Greene should be heading this. Unreal. I'll go ahead and say this thing will be a total mess before it all done.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

The biggest issue that I knew of which has been discussed on here is the involvement of Gus.  Some want him involved others don’t think this a coaches place.  They point out that he has never been to any other facility college or pro.  This fact alone annoys many.  Besides Briles Gus has never visited another program.  As they say there is no good reason that Gus has not visited Rams, 49ers, Patriots, Green Bay, etc.  they think he should be in Arizona right now.  How do you improve on your craft without picking others brains and observing.  They point out that coaches don’t visit Auburn anymore as well.  At the very least deploy your assistant coaches to learn new training techniques especially the younger ones with small coaching trees.  Again this what we already know.

my biggest concern is that they need to build a facility with the future in mind for growth down the road.  Future renovations that can be done and keep it state of the art without looking like you are putting lipstick on a pig.   Personally I thought JJ used a lot of lipstick on facilities instead of thought out proper investments which have caused us more money in the long run.  Which also annoys donors.  Auburn Arena was well thought out, but that had to be done because the lipstick on the coliseum was fooling nobody any more.

I'm told, this guy would know, that they asked Gus what he wanted in the new complex and Gus didn't really have a plan on what he really wanted. He wanted to be involved but wanted others to do the work. All they wanted to know is what he needed. Pissed off some people.

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told, this guy would know, that they asked Gus what he wanted in the new complex and Gus didn't really have a plan on what he really wanted. He wanted to be involved but wanted others to do the work. All they wanted to know is what he needed. Pissed off some people.

Wait a minute..so it was said that he wanted complete control and that pissed off people

Now he is saying he doesn’t really know all he wants (which I find debatable) and that pisses off people too?

Sounds like he can’t win 

But anyway, there are a lot of smart people and engineers out there. Surely they can come up with some models and place them for discussion. After that , if there is something they might like or want, it can be introduced.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sounds like me when my wife is picking out curtains.

Archived