Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait a minute..so it was said that he wanted complete control and that pissed off people

Now he is saying he doesn’t really know all he wants (which I find debatable) and that pisses off people too?

Sounds like he can’t win 

Well, if he says that he wants complete control- which should definitely piss people off- and then can't articulate what it is that he wants, you don't see how that would piss them off even more? 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait a minute..so it was said that he wanted complete control and that pissed off people

Now he is saying he doesn’t really know all he wants (which I find debatable) and that pisses off people too?

Sounds like he can’t win 

I took the above comments as the board acknowledged and understood Gus desired to be involved in the planning/design of the facility, so they gave him a chance and asked him what his recommendations were, but he didn't do his homework on other teams facilities, and basically failed to put anything on the table for constructive brain-storming. He's made it well-known he wants the facility, but based on some of the comments here, it sounds like he doesn't have any detailed input on what he actually wants in the complex...... all in order to make his football team better (i.e. layout of the weightrooms, film rooms, medical facilities, entertainment, cafeteria, AU football memorabilia, decorations, etc.). I hope AD Greene will tour some other teams facilities to get some ideas, but this project really, really needs to happen if we want to keep up. Below is a link to Texas A&M's.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-texas-am-football-complex-photos-2014-8

Texas A&M Football Complex

I find the idea that CGM doesn’t know what he wants in a facility he has invested a lot of money in to be dubious at best. Don’t know where this came from, but doubt very much that it’s true. You don’t have to tour others facilities to know what they have, although it would be beneficial, just look on line for some ideas to start.

New renderings have been released, as well as an inside look into the design process...

Gus had the mental image of this, when he told the Architect that he wanted a building that reflected his dynamic offense of the last few years...

181969-050-66E7770D.jpg

But, he was sorely disappointed when the Architect came back with this symbolic gesture of the actual dynamics of Gus' offensive prowess.:

Company-Transforms-Bland-Warehouses-Into-Lavish-Getaways.-Peek-Inside-And-See-The-Result-12823-2.png

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Well, if he says that he wants complete control- which should definitely piss people off- and then can't articulate what it is that he wants, you don't see how that would piss them off even more? 

I am saying you are smart enough to understand that doesn’t make a lick of damn sense. Come on now. Don’t let your sense of anger clout your judgement. As meticulous as Gus is, you really think he doesn’t know what he wants in his facility ? Someone who is willing to put in multiple millions of their own money in something they have been begging for? I am not buying it. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am saying you are smart enough to understand that doesn’t make a lick of damn sense. Come on now. Don’t let your sense of anger clout your judgement. As meticulous as Gus is, you really think he doesn’t know what he wants in his facility ? Someone who is willing to put in multiple millions of their own money in something they have been begging for? I am not buying it. 

Well, first, that was a tiny part of your post put in parentheses. Everything else about your post is what I was responding to.

Second, tell me with a straight face that Gus hasn't defied all logic and reason with multiple decisions that he's made over the years.

Third, tell me with a straight face that Gus isn't both widely rumored and hasn't displayed numerous tendencies that suggest him to be a distrustful, micromanaging control freak. 

It makes total sense to me that he wouldn't want others to design his playpen even without having a coherent plan of his own. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, first, that was a tiny part of your post put in parentheses. Everything else about your post is what I was responding to.

Second, tell me with a straight face that Gus hasn't defied all logic and reason with multiple decisions that he's made over the years.

Third, tell me with a straight face that Gus isn't both widely rumored and hasn't displayed numerous tendencies that suggest him to be a distrustful, micromanaging control freak. 

It makes total sense to me that he wouldn't want others to design his playpen even without having a coherent plan of his own. 

You are arguing about him being a micromanager control freak which is TRUE. It is also true that he is meticulous in his actions. He is a visionary. He wrote a book early in life on an offense , that he implemented and saw become successful. To sit here with a straight face and say you believe this guy doesn’t know what he wants in a football facility , which he has been pushing for in the longest does defy logic to me.

Now , I can believe that his vision is misplaced and the guy/girl probably was like what the heck? This guy doesn’t even know what he is talking about and had push back. I can believe that. The same way his vision is misplaced in some of his offenses gameplans , but no one ever pushes back. 

But he couldn’t tell them what he wanted? No way I believe that. And I am telling you that with a straight face .

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I think you mean suspect and not expect.

Auburn can easily get bonds to move the project forward at this point one would think. Not my area of knowledge.

No one ever said it should just be AG’s project.

it is good to know that you are the decider of the basis of facts on this board.   Lol

you are right this is not D.C., Alabama politics are much worse. 🤪

Of course money can be borrowed which everyone knows....but why borrow money for something like this?   It's not a necessity and if all those moneyed PTBs really want it....let them pay for it now. JMO.

As for expect versus suspect......having worked on some projects that depended on private contributions I'd say from experience it's best to wait until the money is available because once it's built (or even committed)  the urgency of making a contribution immediately subsides.   No point in building more of a facility than people are willing to pay for...JMO

As for this being AG's project.....I've seen numerous comments over the years making this JJ's project....so I guess it now is AG's project to prove that he is an effective fund raiser. :dunno:    I just suggesting that AG is smart enough to know that he needs all the stakeholders on board.....and Leath knows that too. ..I suspect. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Of course money can be borrowed which everyone knows....but why borrow money for something like this?   It's not a necessity and if all those moneyed PTBs really want it....let them pay for it now. JMO.

As for expect versus suspect......having worked on some projects that depended on private contributions I'd say from experience it's best to wait until the money is available because once it's built (or even committed)  the urgency of making a contribution immediately subsides.   No point in building more of a facility than people are willing to pay for...JMO

As for this being AG's project.....I've seen numerous comments over the years making this JJ's project....so I guess it now is AG's project to prove that he is an effective fund raiser. :dunno:    I just suggesting that AG is smart enough to know that he needs all the stakeholders on board.....and Leath knows that too. ..I suspect. 

Makes sense.

in times like these I wish we just had a Pickens or Knight that just takes care of it. It’s needed, has been needed for years but we keep dicking around.

Maybe this.....

Image result for picture of city in the sky star wars

26 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Maybe this.....

Image result for picture of city in the sky star wars

I was thinking we should build a lake like Clemson’s and Northwestern’s facilities. If we are pinching pennies I’ll settle for this.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:34 PM, Carnell said:

I am not insulted about them leaving me off this working group but they had better put me on the football coach search committee.

Add you because you’re the real Carnell Williams? 🤔

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Add you because you’re the real Carnell Williams? 🤔

I just found @Carnell submission for the football facility. Can't imagine why they left him off the working group. 

Screenshot_20190616-045428~2.png

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

I just found @Carnell submission for the football facility. Can't imagine why they left him off the working group. 

Screenshot_20190616-045428~2.png

Looks like the front of a 60s or early 70s Oldsmobile!  One ugly set of wheels indeed!

32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Looks like the front of a 60s or early 70s Oldsmobile!  One ugly set of wheels indeed!

It's a Cadillac of course. But you're right, it's ugly. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, auburnphan said:

I wish we just had a Pickens or Knight that just takes care of it. It’s needed, has been needed for years but we keep dicking around.

We have one

downloadfile.jpg

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We have one

downloadfile.jpg

Unfortunately the guy is to smart to waste his money on an athletic facility......

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Unfortunately the guy is to smart to waste his money on an athletic facility......

He is? He has pledged 10M for this. And has said he will get a Apple team together to help with the "technical" details. Make the place a "smart" place. Another donor has challenged Tim to up his donation to match the one he will give. Think it's another 5M.

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He is? He has pledged 10M for this. And has said he will get a Apple team together to help with the "technical" details. Make the place a "smart" place. Another donor has challenged Tim to up his donation to match the one he will give. Think it's another 5M.

That's a nice contribution.....but far cry from Boone Pickens  (160M+) and Phil Knight (500M) …......but every little bit helps

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

10 mil doesn't seem like much from a giant like him, especially when he is worth over 600 million, and makes over 3+ million a year. Now he is small potatoes compared to his other tech counterparts who are worth in the billions. But I think that is Cook's choice. He is somewhat frugal. 

I am sure if other donors give more, he will ante up some more.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, TigerFanAU said:

I took the above comments as the board acknowledged and understood Gus desired to be involved in the planning/design of the facility, so they gave him a chance and asked him what his recommendations were, but he didn't do his homework on other teams facilities, and basically failed to put anything on the table for constructive brain-storming. He's made it well-known he wants the facility, but based on some of the comments here, it sounds like he doesn't have any detailed input on what he actually wants in the complex...... all in order to make his football team better (i.e. layout of the weightrooms, film rooms, medical facilities, entertainment, cafeteria, AU football memorabilia, decorations, etc.). I hope AD Greene will tour some other teams facilities to get some ideas, but this project really, really needs to happen if we want to keep up. Below is a link to Texas A&M's.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-texas-am-football-complex-photos-2014-8

I hope ours turns out better than this. Looks to me like their place is all blurry inside....

33 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

10 mil doesn't seem like much from a giant like him, especially when he is worth over 600 million, and makes over 3+ million a year. Now he is small potatoes compared to his other tech counterparts who are worth in the billions. But I think that is Cook's choice. He is somewhat frugal. 

I am sure if other donors give more, he will ante up some more.

Being worth 600m and having that much liquid cash are two different things. Tim, IMO, has about 100m liquid. He isn’t Phil Knight or T-Bone. 

Archived