Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So it’s unknown how much money has been raised for the facility?

I’m hoping we have a separate buyout fund established too...

Some posters on this board (insiders) say 65-75% of the total cost of the FOF has already been pledged.  That's around $39-$45MM of the $60MM pledged already.  If pledges have indeed reached that level, then I fail to understand what's holding this thing up now?

As far as the buyout, insiders on here have assured us for the last 9-10 months that the money is there for the complete buyout and 2-3 big money men will be footing that bill in it's entirety.  Thank goodness that $30MM doesn't have to come out of the AD's bank account because that could be crippling if this crew gets canned and AU has to go shopping for another expensive staff.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sorry but I’m still incredibly disappointed with the locker room we ended up building. It’s incredibly “meh” compared to the people we’re recruiting against.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:48 AM, keesler said:

Some posters on this board (insiders) say 65-75% of the total cost of the FOF has already been pledged.  That's around $39-$45MM of the $60MM pledged already.  If pledges have indeed reached that level, then I fail to understand what's holding this thing up now?

As far as the buyout, insiders on here have assured us for the last 9-10 months that the money is there for the complete buyout and 2-3 big money men will be footing that bill in it's entirety.  Thank goodness that $30MM doesn't have to come out of the AD's bank account because that could be crippling if this crew gets canned and AU has to go shopping for another expensive staff.

Wait till November and then you will see some movement one way or the other.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

setting the standard or raising the absurdity?

why not a Lazy Boy for each player instead?

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’m sorry but I’m still incredibly disappointed with the locker room we ended up building. It’s incredibly “meh” compared to the people we’re recruiting against.

Our's is very nice just too cramped, I think.

A look into Auburn's locker room...

circle-of-chairs-GMTM1Y.jpg

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wait till November and then you will see some movement one way or the other.

I’m no insider, just a fan with an opinion. Seems to me of the pledges are there we should move forward. If Gus has a great year, he can start selling the new facility to recruits now. If he gets canned, we can use the fact that we’ve  broken ground to lure top candidates to the job. We’re stronger selling something underway than selling something that is promised. Do you prefer that we start now or wait until November?

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

“Hi, my name is Jarrett.”

Team: “Hi Jarrett!!”

“Thanks for welcoming me. This is very hard to admit, but I too quit in the Bama game.”

DL: We believe you will find a great amount of relief after getting that off your chest. We all have quit and have admitted to it, as a matter fact some of us quit because of you much sooner than November.”

Meeting Moderator: Cookies anyone?

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

How do we NOT partner with Apple and Tim Cook to integrate something like this?  Put Apple's name in there somewhere and use them as a money sponsor and support like Under Armor.  Hopefully our AD is a visionary and big thinker because we are fast getting left behind in football facilities.

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

I kept waiting to see if there was going to be a toilet under the seating cushion. 🤔 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Alright now, Greene's budget cuts have gone too far. We don't even have 11 chairs. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

The difference between having a visionary plan and a reactionary plan.  People love giving money to a visionary.  People hate seeing money wasted on an ill thought out reaction to being behind.  I can’t wait for AG to roll out the long term future plan of development.  He is already telling everybody to quit being wasteful.

31 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The difference between having a visionary plan and a reactionary plan.  People love giving money to a visionary.  People hate seeing money wasted on an ill thought out reaction to being behind.  I can’t wait for AG to roll out the long term future plan of development.  He is already telling everybody to quit being wasteful.

Well said, now it’ll be a while until they could justify renovating a new locker room.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I just hope he gets to stay long enough to execute it.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

I just hope he gets to stay long enough to execute it.

You hearing something or just a general statement?:-\

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

You hearing something or just a general statement?:-\

Just hoping the PTB gives him a real chance even though he wasn't the guy some wanted.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, gr82be said:
On 7/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, TigerOne said:

I kept waiting to see if there was going to be a toilet under the seating cushion. 🤔 

Yes, this.

Also, why do they have to change their own clothes?  Can't they get frat pledges to be their orderlies?  Grad Assts to feed them grapes and to hold their beer funnels?  

The REAL advancement in football recruiting will be when school is merely "optional".

• 2 weeks later...

Since there was nothing done during this off season, I wonder when we'll resume Jordan-Hare's renovation. IE adding seats, more brick work on the outside of the stadium and so forth.

48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since there was nothing done during this off season, I wonder when we'll resume Jordan-Hare's renovation. IE adding seats, more brick work on the outside of the stadium and so forth.

I read somewhere they’re gonna tear it down and start over after the season.

Archived