Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be renovating JH, scheduling Oklahoma/Notre Dame/Michigan for home and home next year, and firing Gus’ sorry a** as soon as this season is over. Probably going to have orange face masks next season too but that’s  not 100%.......

As long as I see Auburn victories, I'm good with them playing on dirt with portable bleachers.

Seriously though, I'll just be happy to attend another game regardless of how the stadium looks.  Cuz it looks just fine on my TV.

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since there was nothing done during this off season, I wonder when we'll resume Jordan-Hare's renovation. IE adding seats, more brick work on the outside of the stadium and so forth.

The window has passed for any serious upgrades.  Not taking advantage of cheap construction after the market crashed in '08 was just one of Jacobs' many missteps.  The CFB bubble is getting ready to burst, construction and material prices are at an all time high and it's lower on the priority list than many other needed facilities and upgrades throughout the AD.

4 hours ago, toddc said:

I read somewhere they’re gonna tear it down and start over after the season.

In all seriousness, tearing it down and starting over would be the best option.  It's not happening though.

33 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'll do it cheap. I can work on it for the next twenty years. Auburn is going to drag their feet for at least that long anyway.

All you need is a contract with Auburn University. Any type of contract will do. You'll be set for life. 

5 hours ago, au701948 said:

With Leath having left, is the "working group" for the Football Only Facility still in place? Just curious?

I’ve just come to terms that nothing is ever in place. All renderings and such are just rumors and have no value. Nothing will come to fruition, not any time soon. 

I just want the two squares covered up on the back of the tron. 

Further creative thought I just had.  What do you think of having manufactured oak tree branches coming out of those slots, constructed with toilet paper hanging off of them?  Basically a permanent tribute to a longstanding tradition of rolling the trees at Toomers. I think it could make a beautiful art piece unique to Auburn's tradition. 

On 8/3/2019 at 10:46 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

The CFB bubble is getting ready to burst, construction and material prices are at an all time high

Yep. Same for CBB really. Which is why Bama’s lipstick they’re putting on their arena will cost more than it did to completely build our new one. 

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I just want the two squares covered up on the back of the tron. 

Further creative thought I just had.  What do you think of having manufactured oak tree branches coming out of those slots, constructed with toilet paper hanging off of them?  Basically a permanent tribute to a longstanding tradition of rolling the trees at Toomers. I think it could make a beautiful art piece unique to Auburn's tradition. 

Or something. Just something. Our exterior to our stadium is atrocious. The incomplete jumbotron doesn’t help by any means. 

Put a nice video board up in the North endzone and expand the allotted seat area.  You may lose a couple thousand seats but you won’t be butt cheek to butt cheek with a bunch of fatty McGees.  Also more room to mix my drinks and eat my $8 bucket of stale popcorn.

18 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Put a nice video board up in the North endzone and expand the allotted seat area.  You may lose a couple thousand seats but you won’t be butt cheek to butt cheek with a bunch of fatty McGees.  Also more room to mix my drinks and eat my $8 bucket of stale popcorn.

What’s wrong with putting 2 corner video boards, an upper deck connecting the East & West upper decks, an upper concourse, field club seating, & skyboxes in the North End Zone?

To be honest, I’m not for putting another big jumbotron on that side. I’m also not a fan of losing seats either.

2 minutes ago, LeaderKee4AU said:

What’s wrong with putting 2 corner video boards, an upper deck connecting the East & West upper decks, an upper concourse, field club seating, & skyboxes in the North End Zone?

To be honest, I’m not for putting another big jumbotron on that side. I’m also not a fan of losing seats either.

Jordan Hare has a hard enough time selling out now without adding another upper deck

22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

So... you sat beside me at a game before.... so?

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So... you sat beside me at a game before.... so?

Just want a little butt room for the both of us.

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Just want a little butt room for the both of us.

For my money, rip out the bleachers and install seats.  75,000 comfortable butts instead of 87+K cattle-crammed butts would probably sell out every game.

Heck, last I recall the folding seats we would bring to a game were wider than the allotted seat numbers.

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

For my money, rip out the bleachers and install seats.  75,000 comfortable butts instead of 87+K cattle-crammed butts would probably sell out every game.

Heck, last I recall the folding seats we would bring to a game were wider than the allotted seat numbers.

Some of the Nascar tracks that are struggling with attendance have started taking out every other row and put tables in.  Nascar races also let you bring in a cooler full of ice cold beverages.  If a bunch of rednecks can watch their favorite drivers wreck each other and not devolve into full out brawls then I think the SEC can handle a little beer action.

39 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This. I’m all for less seats and more room.

There has to be another video board opposite the aubietron. The high school score clock has to go.

Food prices and season tickets have to be more reasonable. I’ve been saying it but they’ve out-priced the average traveling fan. I can’t justify driving 7 hours, getting a place to stay, tickets, food and drinks. Especially not when we’re dropping games to an awful LSU team that ran the same 3 plays. 

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This. I’m all for less seats and more room.

There has to be another video board opposite the aubietron. The high school score clock has to go.

Food prices and season tickets have to be more reasonable. I’ve been saying it but they’ve out-priced the average traveling fan. I can’t justify driving 7 hours, getting a place to stay, tickets, food and drinks. Especially not when we’re dropping games to an awful LSU team that ran the same 3 plays. 

It's amazing how easy these changes could be to implement.....but then it's amazing how cats can never be put back into bags.

Archived