Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

31 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Would love if we could get some LEDS going like the Cards have...also the UaT just got them as well. Very cool. Could create an even more amazing atmosphere.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlabamaFTBL/status/1162368351211008008

They really nailed it! 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Would love if we could get some LEDS going like the Cards have...also the UaT just got them as well. Very cool. Could create an even more amazing atmosphere.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlabamaFTBL/status/1162368351211008008

Auburn's response...

5320279653_95968f4652_b.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Auburn's response...

5320279653_95968f4652_b.jpg

Hey! ....I did the best I could....

Remember when Auburn fans could make fun of what a dump Bryant-Denny was and how nice Jordan-Hare was? Those were the days.

Oh damn. That's a game changer. Are they serving it properly? Just a little bit of char from flame-ups on the grill? On a piece of cheap white bread with a little yellow mustard?

Oh, pro tip. Get you a few cans of crescent rolls and make pigs in a blanket with Conecuh. One of the skinny varieties. You can get weird with whatever else you want to stuff in there- bleu cheese, grilled onions, whatever. 

One of the joys of living where I do is having both Conecuh and local shrimp available. I've damn near perfected the Lowcountry boil. 

17 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

My mom's family is from Conecuh County. Back in the old days you could only get it at the Conecuh Quick Freeze before it went regional/national. I love that stuff. Some fond memories of visiting my grandmother and her getting up early to make me buttermilk biscuits from scratch with Conecuh sausage before I'd go hunting or fishing. Having Conecuh sausage available helps make up for facility deficiencies, IMO, lol.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

My mom's family is from Conecuh County. Back in the old days you could only get it at the Conecuh Quick Freeze before it went regional/national. I love that stuff. Some fond memories of visiting my grandmother and her getting up early to make me buttermilk biscuits from scratch with Conecuh sausage before I'd go hunting or fishing. Having Conecuh sausage available helps make up for facility deficiencies, IMO, lol.

Except for Bo Jackson and a more than a few members of the fairer sex, Conecuh is maybe the only product in the state where I will look anyone, anywhere in the eye and say, "Mine's better."

28 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

That's odd.  Last year they were serving the same thing.  I don't know why they are "officially announcing" it this year when they announced it last year.  And for those wondering, yes they did serve it correctly.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Except for Bo Jackson and a more than a few members of the fairer sex, Conecuh is maybe the only product in the state where I will look anyone, anywhere in the eye and say, "Mine's better."

Agree. And, your cooking/serving tips are spot on. Served in warmer weather with a Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze or your choice of brown as the weather cools off.......man, I'm going to have to leave work and fire up the grill......

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. And, your cooking/serving tips are spot on. Served in warmer weather with a Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze or your choice of brown as the weather cools off.......man, I'm going to have to leave work and fire up the grill......

Spot on for those of us not fortunate enough to have it on Grandma's homemade buttermilk biscuits. 

Please post pics of that sweet, sweet grill action. Meet you in the beer thread in a few hours? Oh wait, no. I have a fantasy draft running concurrently with my Atlanta United fathering Orlando City once again. Homemade pizzas with the kids, wine with the wife. 

Happy Friday, you maniacs. 

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh, I so miss my beer 😭

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sorry dude. Additional motivation for you to get better😛👊🏼

Yeah, I could PROBABLY go ahead and drink again since I'm clear of (visible) cancer but since it did spread to my liver they just want me careful with it.  I did have a couple to celebrate the good news a couple weeks ago.....and burped it up all evening LOL!

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I miss your beer, too :(

Are you allowed to eat smoked sausage, though? 

Allowed?  I'm part Polish so, Pshaw.....just try 'n' stop me!!!!

Unsweet Iced Tea goes nice with smoked sausage at least....

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Allowed?  I'm part Polish so, Pshaw.....just try 'n' stop me!!!!

Unsweet Iced Tea goes nice with smoked sausage at least....

McWifey bought a box of frozen pierogies the other day. Might be heresy at your house, but I thought they were damned good. With some sour cream and some apples? Are you kidding me? Ugh. The BEST. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

McWifey bought a box of frozen pierogies the other day. Might be heresy at your house, but I thought they were damned good. With some sour cream and some apples? Are you kidding me? Ugh. The BEST. 

No, not heresy at all.  Frozen perogies are just fine. 😁 Nice preparation...

This is not totally Polish (but then, I'm only 1/4 Polish) but Kielbasa w/ Red Beans & Rice is pure Heaven!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Kielbasa w/ Red Beans & Rice is pure Heaven!

I aim to find out, pardner.

Oh, my mom makes killer gumbo except she inexplicably puts Italian sausage in it instead of andouille or another smoked sausage. I finally got her to make it with Conecuh instead. It was so much better. But now I'm curious about kielbasa up in there. 

Guys, this is a really great sausage party. I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I am. 

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, this thread is so much more enjoyable than some of the others😛. I wonder if Bo or Joey like Conecuh sausage....?

Just the mere mention of beer & sausage improves threads.  Matter of fact, next time there's an Auburn QB announcement, which is sure to cause great arguments & gnashing of teeth in a thread, someone should just type "smoked sausage" or "beer" and see if that helps.

Anyway, I digress.  That's obviously my weakness.... digressing.

Archived