Men vs. Arkansas game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nice thing about this game is how much rest we have been able to give Harper. Mclemore is playing great D on Gafford he is moving really well. Starting to look like the Mac of last year now lets see him do that  a few games in a row.

Looking at box score Gaffor 10 points 8 rebounds. Mclemore 13 points 6 rebounds. We are out rebounding Arkansas also 35 -27 right now

Only bad thing tonight was some sloppy turnovers but most of them happened after it was obvious game was over. we boarded well we blocked shots, we played pretty darn good D. If somebody got beat out front we rotated quickly cutting it off before it became a problem and we shot the lights out from three point range. What was really nice was how many players scored points that is why we got so many good looks as we moved the ball.

3 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Just asserted ourselves as the best team in the league again. Legggggoooooo gang. Let’s get hyped 

I wouldn't go overboard we did this at home against Arkansas we still have to have this type of game on the road against a real good team I am not being a Debbie downer just realistic.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

33 of 54 shots were three pointers. 

Great that we hit them tonight

Live by the 3 die by the 3. It worked tonight. Against ole miss it did not. 

If we hit 3s we can beat anyone. But... We also had 21 turnovers and shot terribly from the FT line. 

We are what we are at this point. I like the Dunbar start. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If we hit 3s we can beat anyone. But... We also had 21 turnovers and shot terribly from the FT line. 

We are what we are at this point. I like the Dunbar start. 

Yeah. Can't get Wiley his swagger back like that

I know the kid plays hard. Because he does. He really does. I get so frustrated watching him play. BUT SAMIR!!!!!!!!!!!! KNOW YOUR ROLE!!!!!!!!! My goodness for the guard on the team with the worst handles he puts the ball on the deck more than anyone but harper. STOP!!! It does not work!! STAY IN YOUR LANE!!! He is a really good spot up shooter. I wish he would stop thinking he was D Wade or Manu trying to drive and eurostep. Dunbar should be in the starting lineup going forward. Samir had another bad game. He has just been bad all year outside of really the washington teams that are legit competition. 

HAVING SAID THAT!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK BRYCE AND MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a welcome sight for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! That first three from Mac to open the game set the tone for the whole game. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nights and games like these why this team is so freaking fun to watch. They put on a show!!! Always great game plan from BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE with the game plan as far as it goes in the interior dealing with Gafford. 

41 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We are what we are at this point. I like the Dunbar start

Samir had 5 turnovers alone in 21 minutes and 4 fouls. WE BETTER keep starting Dunbar! hahaha

A few curious observations...

.DP played 17 minutes and did not score     

AW was 2/6 of free throws and I guess if I were defending him, I'd make him shoot FTs rather than let him have a lay-up.    

AU was fortunate that shooting 10 of 20 from FT line did not affect the outcome of the game...

Fun to see all those 3s raining down through the nets...

Archived