2020 4* WR EJ Williams

ellitor

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

National power. Lol.  Spoken like a true ‘Villian..  

Lol. We were for a short time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, ellitor said:

Lol. We were for a short time.

Their really is no such thing as national HS power (except IMG).  No way to really and truly tell.  But with that being said,  I am just messing with you. 

39 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Their really is no asuch thing as national HS power (except IMG).  No way to really and truly tell.

Playing teams outside of your state every year on ESPN means a team is a national power. We were for a short while. Hoover has been longer.

41 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

But with that being said,  I am just messing with you

I know.

Many kids want to get away from home to go to college. That's not just athletes, that's across the whole spectrum of high school seniors. We lose some locals simply because of that. Seth Williams is at Auburn because he wanted to get away from Tuscaloosa. Phenix City/Columbus is close enough that we'll lose a few for that reason alone.

Mikey I am the perfect example of what you are talking about. I graduated from Mission Bay HS in Mission Bay, Ca. and I went to the Local school in Auburn, Al. LOL

We actually do fairly well in the state of Alabama and tend to get a good deal of the players we want. Of course, bammer does very well in the state but not to the degree of total domination. We recruit from a swath of states and have branched out further to past couple of years. If Dilly continues his success in areas that we have rarely recruited from, we will bring in top 10 classes in the future.

I see the 2020 class being a top 10 class when it is all said and done. We have a young and energetic group of coaches that I feel will bode well for us in the future on the recruiting trail as well as on the football field. I think hiring Caddy, Dilly, and now the crime dog has us going in the right direction. I believe that Gus is going to coach Gus's tail off for the 2019 season. Whether this will result in a 10 plus win season, only time will tell.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, The Plainsman said:

National power. Lol.  Spoken like a true ‘Villian..  

I'm not a Prattville fan (my coaches came from Autaugaville, and some of the things they told me about P-ville...), but they really were a national power there for a while.

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We actually do fairly well in the state of Alabama and tend to get a good deal of the players we want. Of course, bammer does very well in the state but not to the degree of total domination. We recruit from a swath of states and have branched out further to past couple of years. If Dilly continues his success in areas that we have rarely recruited from, we will bring in top 10 classes in the future.

I see the 2020 class being a top 10 class when it is all said and done. We have a young and energetic group of coaches that I feel will bode well for us in the future on the recruiting trail as well as on the football field. I think hiring Caddy, Dilly, and now the crime dog has us going in the right direction. I believe that Gus is going to coach Gus's tail off for the 2019 season. Whether this will result in a 10 plus win season, only time will tell.

Gus had better win 10 games this year, else he might be gone. Even if he's not fired after, say, a 9 win season this year, he'll be replacing the whole O-line in 2020, which doesn't bode well for the season's prospects.

• 3 months later...

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Big if true

I was just bumping the thread so I could move G Will’s post over to this thread that was in the 2020 recruiting thread. I forgot to delete my post.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are having an unusual number of official visits early in the process. It used to be that these were done almost exclusively during football season. Could it be that this is a new Auburn strategy, or is it related to the relatively new early signing date?

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

We are having an unusual number of official visits early in the process. It used to be that these were done almost exclusively during football season. Could it be that this is a new Auburn strategy, or is it related to the relatively new early signing date?

New strategy coming from the new rules that were passed last year allowing OVs to start in April of their junior years as opposed to September 1 as it used to be and from kids trending to commit earlier and earlier.

It’s also a good strategy because our two biggest recruiting weekends where the staff can be hands-on without worrying about game planning  and playing a game is in the off-season with big cat weekend and the cookout/barbecue in late July.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To quote Bull Hurley from the movie Over The Top, "2nd Sucks!"

Clemson?

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Clemson

Hate it but I cant argue with the results Dabos produced.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

To quote Bull Hurley from the movie Over The Top, "2nd Sucks!"

To quote Bill Curry, dem bastages threw a brick through my window.😁

Would have been nice to have but with all the WR's we have in this class losing on a WR is probably the least impact on this class. 

23 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Would have been nice to have but with all the WR's we have in this class losing on a WR is probably the least impact on this class. 

Agreed, the idea with him would be to have that tall big target. Though we have the transfer, I can't imagine that's our long term solution for the position.

Archived