Pick one

tigerbrotha12

This sounds familiar, but I saw this question posed on twitter and wanted to see the responses here. Not sure if it’s been discussed yet or not but tried to go back through and couldn’t find anything. 

Gimme the one guy from the past 15 years of Auburn Basketball you would put on this 2018-2019 team to improve it 

I went with Kenny Gabriel. Mobile big man with a good shot. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2019 at 9:58 PM, cole256 said:

Who would really be perfect for the team right now is Barber. Kenny Gabrielle as well actually

It was in the AU drops out of the top 25 post. You wrote in that part too. 

Gabrielle played more of a guards game

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Bryant Smith. But he is a little outside the 15 year range I think. But he would bring leadership and an all-round game on offense and defense we need.

Great pick as well

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Bowers at the 4, which pushes chumma to the 3.  Bowers was a double double machine.

This was my logic for barber

On 2/21/2019 at 5:49 PM, alexava said:

Marquis Daniels. 

Doesn't count per the parameters of the post.  MD played here 16 years ago now (Spring 2003 was his last season).  Yes, I'm getting old.

44 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Doesn't count per the parameters of the post.  MD played here 16 years ago now (Spring 2003 was his last season).  Yes, I'm getting old.

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that. After I posted it I took my shoes off and did the math. 

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Bryant Smith. But he is a little outside the 15 year range I think. But he would bring leadership and an all-round game on offense and defense we need.

One of my favorite. Certainly a leader. I would love to see him come work with this team and show them how to finish a fast break. 

Toney Douglas

N’Diaye Mamadou just because I like his name and he could pack your lunch. Lol. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Toney Douglas

Nice one, fammo. That is a great choice. We could definitely use his NBA caliber and scoring punch on this team.

Toney's dad: "hey my son is going to be a PG in the NBA, that's his position"

Lebo: "durrrrrrrrrrrrr I think he will play SG for me"

giphy.gif

1st round NBA pick following a 23/3/4 season and All-ACC First Team and All-ACC Defensive team as starting PG. Led the ACC in scoring that year.

But today I'm not mad at it. I wouldn't want our timeline to change one bit because Bruce may not be here otherwise.

Archived