Pick one

tigerbrotha12

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Porter at the 3.  We would at least have someone that could attack the rim.

I dont know why, but pre season I thought Purifoy might be that guy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

I dont know why, but pre season I thought Purifoy might be that guy.

He has never shown that kind if anger. I wish he would though.

Just now, bigbird said:

He has never shown that kind if anger. I wish he would though.

He only shows anger for social media...........

If we hard an all around scorer to pair him up with Jamison Brewer. In this offense he might average a triple double

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

If we hard an all around scorer to pair him up with Jamison Brewer. In this offense he might average a triple double

Not too far behind Daniels in talent. But I don’t remember his career as well as I do Daniels. 

I also think it would be Chris Porter, if he fits within the last 15 year cutoff.  I actually went to downtown Atlanta to watch him play (in the SEC tourney I think).  He played the same brand of schoolyard ball that the current team plays.  The end of his career at Auburn was very sad for me.  

1 hour ago, gulftiger66 said:

I also think it would be Chris Porter, if he fits within the last 15 year cutoff.  I actually went to downtown Atlanta to watch him play (in the SEC tourney I think).  He played the same brand of schoolyard ball that the current team plays.  The end of his career at Auburn was very sad for me.  

To me, an admitted novice Porter was nothing like what we have now. He played with power and finesse and crashed the boards with the best of them. He didn’t pass up a break to kick out for a three point shot. We have nothing like him now. He didn’t shoot from the perimeter and didn’t need to.

He is well outside the 15 year parameters. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Not too far behind Daniels in talent. But I don’t remember his career as well as I do Daniels. 

Marquis was the leader on that sweet 16 run

$4- Kenny Gabriel

$4- Jared Harper

$3- Vot Barber

$2- Bryce Brown 

$2- Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuma

On 2/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, GwillMac6 said:

$4- Kenny Gabriel

$4- Jared Harper

$3- Vot Barber

$2- Bryce Brown 

$2- Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuma

This is fun. Using only the options given and having to take 5 players from that list. 

1 - Harper $4

2- Brown $2

3- Chuma $2

4- Porter $5

5- Mac $2

Or

1 - Canty $1

2- Gabriel $4

3- Chuma $2

4- Porter $5

5- Barber $3

** Probably prefer the 2nd group **

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

This is fun. Using only the options given and having to take 5 players from that list. 

1 - Harper $4

2- Brown $2

3- Chuma $2

4- Porter $5

5- Mac $2

Or

1 - Canty $1

2- Gabriel $4

3- Chuma $2

4- Porter $5

5- Barber $3

** Probably prefer the 2nd group **

Yah once you get canty under control and tell him to stop chucking that second group is supremely talented!!! WOOOOO!!!

On 2/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Doesn't count per the parameters of the post.  MD played here 16 years ago now (Spring 2003 was his last season).  Yes, I'm getting old.

There was a reason why I asked for the last 15 years! Daniels would be too easy

$4- Kenny Gabriel

$4- Jared Harper

$3- Vot Barber

$2- Bryce Brown 

$2- Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuma

I took 

$5 Marquis Daniels (3)

$4 KG (5)

$3 KT Harrell (2)

$2 Chuma (4)

$1 Kareem Canty (1)

$4- Kenny Gabriel

$4- Jared Harper

$3- Vot Barber

$2- Bryce Brown 

$2- Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuma

Why in the world are Rob Chubb and Tyler Harris on that list, but Horace Spencer and Frankie Sullivan are not?

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why in the world are Rob Chubb and Tyler Harris on that list, but Horace Spencer and Frankie Sullivan are not?

PREAAAAAAAAAAACH. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Totally with you here

Edit: Ah, my bro @GwillMac6 beat me to it! 

If Chuma stays one more year he's going to be in that $4-$5 range

Also, is Marquis the 2nd GOAT AU hooper? He's the best of my lifetime for sure as Barkley was at AU before I was born. Quisey deserved better teammates at AU!! He was a one man show and dragged that team to the Sweet 16.

If Bruce or Marquis himself would show Chuma film of our game vs Syracuse and how MD attacked Syracuse's 2-3 zone to perfection it could help our halfcourt O when teams zone us. That was a picture perfect way to attack a 2-3, he freaking put on a clinic that night. The entire game is on youtube too I plan on rewatching it at some point when I have time

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah once you get canty under control and tell him to stop chucking that second group is supremely talented!!! WOOOOO!!!

Canty started the AU point guard with range movement.  I would love to see Canty vs Harper in a 35 ft three point contest. Lol. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Canty started the AU point guard with range movement.  I would love to see Canty vs Harper in a 35 ft three point contest. Lol. 

Canty would just quit half way through........

On 2/26/2019 at 11:38 PM, alexava said:

Could play all 5 positions and four of them very well. 

Absolutely, I get sort of bummed how people don't too much know about Brewer, he may be the best point guard to come thru here. Top 3 in talent easy. Larry Bird loved him and if you impress him you can really play

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely, I get sort of bummed how people don't too much know about Brewer, he may be the best point guard to come thru here. Top 3 in talent easy. Larry Bird loved him and if you impress him you can really play

I agree about Brewer. I just honestly can’t remember much about his playing days except he was very talented. As far as production I can’t remember really anything. I don’t think he played but maybe two years. 

Marquis was a guy who could carry your ass. You could depend on him and just run everything through him. Baller any way you look at it. 

Archived