Wiley (center) - $3

Bryce (shooting guard) - $2

McLemore (forward) - $2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tiger said:

If Chuma stays one more year he's going to be in that $4-$5 range

Also, is Marquis the 2nd GOAT AU hooper? He's the best of my lifetime for sure as Barkley was at AU before I was born. Quisey deserved better teammates at AU!! He was a one man show and dragged that team to the Sweet 16.

If Bruce or Marquis himself would show Chuma film of our game vs Syracuse and how MD attacked Syracuse's 2-3 zone to perfection it could help our halfcourt O when teams zone us. That was a picture perfect way to attack a 2-3, he freaking put on a clinic that night. The entire game is on youtube too I plan on rewatching it at some point when I have time

I love MD, but he's not better than Chuck Person on the court.  Chuck may be one the best pure shooters to ever play and averaged nearly 20 points a game for much of his first six years in the NBA. Marquis was largely just a role player at the next level.

Also, this exercise would be way harder if Doc Robinson, Scotty Pohlman, Frankie Sullivan, Marco Killingsworth, Kyle Davis, and a few others were on the list.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tiger said:

Also, is Marquis the 2nd GOAT AU hooper? He's the best of my lifetime for sure as Barkley was at AU before I was born. Quisey deserved better teammates at AU!! He was a one man show and dragged that team to the Sweet 16.

Born when you say you were, you missed John Mengelt, Mike Mitchell and Barkley. Marquis was great, but so were those three.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Brad_ATX said:

I love MD, but he's not better than Chuck Person on the court.  Chuck may be one the best pure shooters to ever play and averaged nearly 20 points a game for much of his first six years in the NBA. Marquis was largely just a role player at the next level.

I dunno who this Chuck Person character is that you speak of

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Born when you say you were, you missed John Mengelt, Mike Mitchell and Barkley. Marquis was great, but so were those three.

Mengelt was far before my time, but my step-dad used to regale me with stories about him.  I happened to go to a Chicago Auburn Club football watch party about a decade ago and there at the front greeting people was this tall older gentleman.  Sticks his hand out "Hi, John Mengelt".

Me: "As in hoops legend John Mengelt?

Him:. "How the hell do you know that?!"

One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think the 15 year parameter got stretched to about 20-21. Not quite as far as the guys you mentioned. 

I would have to agree with those who suggested Vot Barber. Our biggest weakness is rebounding and interior toughness. I think he and Bowers are the best two we've had in those areas in that time frame. I'd go with Vot, as I think he fits what we do better than Bowers does and think he would accell as a 4 or undersized 5 on this team. 

Daniels would have been the guy if he was in the time window. Even though he is a totally different player that Vot or Bowers, his talent level is too high to pass up. 

Archived