The not surprising case of Jussie Smollett

AUFAN78

Given the sketchy divisive reporting of our beloved media over the past two years, is it really surprising that Jussie Smollett would attempt such a hoax? He obviously felt he too could get away with the nonsense. America deserves better. #don't bow

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/02/21/chicago_police_chief_jussie_smollett_faked_attack_to_promote_his_career.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don Lemon’s take on the fact that jussie smollett’s claims of being beaten, abused and racially/homophobically taunted by White Trump supporters turned out to be a hoax:

“A good lawyer can get your out almost anything, right?  Or reduce whatever it is that you’re going to suffer.  In the court of public opinion, Jussie has lost.  He’s lost the fight in the court of public opinion.  And that’s where his battle is.  Whether legally, if he has to go, whatever he has to serve, if it’s jail time, if he has to do probation, if he has to pay whatever, but in the court of public opinion, it matters.  And he’s lost that because of how, not his fault, maybe people were, I don’t know what they were saying to him, how, maybe because of his representatives, who knows.  But it was handled poorly”.

From the right: Jussie, you ignorant race baiting fool.

From the left: Damn handlers. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Great idea Alex. Worlds problems solved. :blink:

This has less to do with traditional media and more to do with the outrage culture perpetrated by social media if you ask me.  This story really took off on twitter, Facebook, etc and our society's instant need to comment on everything blew up the story.  So much of our media is driven by social aspects and instant news/opinion now that you usually can't just lay it at the feet of traditional outlets.

ETA:  If this is all true and he's convicted (and I see no reason to doubt the police here), I hope the dude gets what's coming to him.  POS dirtbag move.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

ETA:  If this is all true and he's convicted (and I see no reason to doubt the police here), I hope the dude gets what's coming to him.  POS dirtbag move.

The most despicable thing is that he was cooperative with the police wrt to his supposed attackers, willing to sign complaints against them, when they had two folks in custody. When it became clear who they had in custody, he clammed up. 

Think hard about that. It implies he was willing to send two innocent people to prison. **** that noise. Throw the book at him. 

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The idiot wroke a check to pay them..........................a frickin check..............clearly the biggest dumb ass around

You should listen to Dumb Crook news on the Johnboy and Billy radio show. 

17 hours ago, AUDub said:

The most despicable thing is that he was cooperative with the police wrt to his supposed attackers, willing to sign complaints against them, when they had two folks in custody. When it became clear who they had in custody, he clammed up. 

Think hard about that. It implies he was willing to send two innocent people to prison. **** that noise. Throw the book at him. 

That is exactly where I was in this whole mess. 

Its like TKAMockingbird. Innocents are killed to cover up for the guilty. This should be an outrage for 100% of the nation.

Instead, it is not.
Its a "handlers" issue.
He was justified because of drugs...
He's a nice guy, and we need to cover up for him, even though he is a 100% dirtbag, he's our dirtbag....

Back in the WayBack machine, there was a strong black man that went to the Lincoln Memorial and stated what we should strive for every single day. 

Image result for i have a dream speech meme

PLEASE NOTE THAT HE DID NOT GIVE ANY LEEWAY FOR PARTY LOYALTY NOR FRIENDSHIPS. EITHER DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT.  
Are we going to 
judge JS on the color of his skin or on the lack of content in his character? He didnt do this because he was Black, Gay, or Liberal. He did it for $$$.

This is hilarious you got to watch both segments Shaq can't stop laughing

Charles Barkley went off on ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett: ‘Get cash, man’

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/charles-barkley-went-off-on-empire-star-jussie-smollett-get-cash-man/

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This has less to do with traditional media and more to do with the outrage culture perpetrated by social media if you ask me.  This story really took off on twitter, Facebook, etc and our society's instant need to comment on everything blew up the story.  So much of our media is driven by social aspects and instant news/opinion now that you usually can't just lay it at the feet of traditional outlets.

I didn't ask you and your take is garbage IMO. Traditional media jumped the gun on this story. That is not debatable. They deserve any and all the backlash they face. Of course you and I both know they will not be held accountable. Sad that folks from the left like you give them a pass at every turn Alex. There are no excuses for their inaccurate commentary. I'd hope folks of all stripes would call them out for the nonsense. Of late, that would be wishful thinking. 

51 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I didn't ask you and your take is garbage IMO. Traditional media jumped the gun on this story. That is not debatable. They deserve any and all the backlash they face. Of course you and I both know they will not be held accountable. Sad that folks from the left like you give them a pass at every turn Alex. There are no excuses for their inaccurate commentary. I'd hope folks of all stripes would call them out for the nonsense. Of late, that would be wishful thinking. 

Well, what do you expect from the "enemy of the people".  :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, what do you expect from the "enemy of the people".  :rolleyes:

I expected precisely what was originally reported from the real enemy of the people. 

The people, regardless of stripe, need to hold them accountable. 

Reality check: only half of America will do so.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I didn't ask you and your take is garbage IMO.

If you don't want people interacting with you, stay off a public message board.  I didn't even attack you or your take.  Stop acting like a frickin child.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I predict two facepalms and a red thumbs down for YOU!

You dirty, blasphemous Trumpster!

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you don't want people interacting with you, stay off a public message board.  I didn't even attack you or your take.  Stop acting like a frickin child.

Reality check: Wasn't a personal attack. I clearly stated IMO. 

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Whatever man.  Was more referencing your "I didn't ask you" part, which came off like a giant douche move.  Either way, your take is uninformed and hyperbolic.  Spend some time in a newsroom and then have accurate info about how the industry actually works oh king of the hot take.  May give you a little bit of perspective.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are an idiot IMO.

(not a personal attack, I used IMO)  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I predict two facepalms and a red thumbs down for YOU!

You dirty, blasphemous Trumpster!

LOL. You know I am far from a trumpster. Called him out since day one. But I absolutely abhor the left's butthurt Russian tactics to dismiss the vote of the people. 

Jussie's attempt was clearly another attempt to divide us. Despicable. We and the media should call it out. You see anyone apologizing for jumping the gun? 

No, I see a lot of media people calling out a bunch of nobodies on twitter, WHILE THEY DELETE THEIR OWN TWITTER POSTS. The media jumped the gun as much as anyone.

We need a huge review of libel laws. 

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Whatever man.  Was more referencing your "I didn't ask you" part, which came off like a giant douche move.  Either way, your take is uninformed and hyperbolic.  Spend some time in a newsroom and then have accurate info about how the industry actually works oh king of the hot take.  May give you a little bit of perspective.

Whatever. My take on your take was accurate. No excuse for jumping the gun and reporting lies. Don't try and create one. There are no excuses for their actions. Do better. It's not complicated.

10 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

You are an idiot IMO.

(not a personal attack, I used IMO)  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Whatever. Pay attention.

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Jussie's attempt was clearly another attempt to divide us. Despicable. We and the media should call it out. You see anyone apologizing for jumping the gun? 

You are reading way too much into this. Smollett was tying to enrich himself and get attention.

Archived