2020 3* OT/OG Marlon Martinez

ellitor

56 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Remember the person who was most instrumental in keeping us informed (Ellitor)  has a new position that does not allow him to report on recruiting that probably has a lot to do with the lack of information we are seeing on this board at this time. 

I totally agree. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Darn it. I really thought we had a chance with this kid and I thought he was the type player we really needed.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Ability to break tackles and take abuse need to be points of emphasis in future QB recruiting.

Someone on the rant made a great point. Our OL crutin is proof we are not paying players!!!!! lol. 

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Someone on the rant made a great point. Our OL crutin is proof we are not paying players!!!!! lol. 

We are apparently clean as a whistle these days.  No OL, No Pickens, no third running back. 

5* morality

3* croots 

The good news is that this will solve itself.  The bad news is that this will hurt us for another 2-5 years after we finally fire gus.

43 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

The good news is that this will solve itself.  The bad news is that this will hurt us for another 2-5 years after we finally fire gus.

ben.gif

Our old man Grimes just isn't that great of a recruiter...

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

According to the OP, this kid had 23 offers. We are one of the 22 that lost out. While I'd like to have had this guy choose Auburn, it's not like we are unique in not getting him. Did the other 21 who didn't land him also have Old Man Grimes recruiting for them?

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

According to the OP, this kid had 23 offers. We are one of the 22 that lost out. While I'd like to have had this guy choose Auburn, it's not like we are unique in not getting him. Did the other 21 who didn't land him also have Old Man Grimes recruiting for them?

Mikey, I love you man but it’s not just about this kid. You know that. 

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Mikey, I love you man but it’s not just about this kid. You know that. 

No, no he doesn't.

That area is the responsibility of Coach Larry Porter, so how does this work? If we get an OL guy from there it's Porter doing great work and if we lose a guy from there, Grimes is a poor recruiter? That certainly seems to fit the mantra.

Yes, if Larry Porter is able to overcome our obvious deficiencies in recruiting OLs and snag one, he gets credit.

Yes, our head coach who is also our actual OC and the OL coach will continue to be blamed for our obvious deficiencies in recruiting OLs. 

Yawn. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

We are the NCAA Champions of coming in second place for O-lineman

tn.gif

gym.gif

boo.gif

2nd.gif

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

That area is the responsibility of Coach Larry Porter, so how does this work? If we get an OL guy from there it's Porter doing great work and if we lose a guy from there, Grimes is a poor recruiter? That certainly seems to fit the mantra.

I don’t recall praising Porter? If it’s a part of his responsibility too then yes throw shame at him as well. It’s not a bad thing to want better for your team. 

Archived