2020 3* OT/OG Marlon Martinez

ellitor

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

We are the NCAA Champions of coming in second place for O-lineman

I could live with coming in second if it was to the University of Auburn. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Zeek said:

I don’t recall praising Porter? If it’s a part of his responsibility too then yes throw shame at him as well. It’s not a bad thing to want better for your team. 

We all want better for our team. I don't see the benefit, or validity, of pointing a finger at one of our coaches because a nationally sought kid chose one of the 20+ other schools that were recruiting him.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

We all want better for our team. I don't see the benefit, or validity, of pointing a finger at one of our coaches because a nationally sought kid chose one of the 20+ other schools that were recruiting him.

But maybe we should wonder about none of the top 30 or so OTs having any serious interest in us that we know of? Maybe we shouldn't blame that on our TE coach? Just a thought.

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

But maybe we should wonder about none of the top 30 or so OTs having any serious interest in us that we know of? Maybe we shouldn't blame that on our TE coach? Just a thought.

Why have you been blaming the TE coach?

On 5/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, aujeff11 said:

We are apparently clean as a whistle these days.  No OL, No Pickens, no third running back. 

5* morality

3* croots 

Funny how these are all offensive recruits. Tells you something. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mikey said:

According to the OP, this kid had 23 offers. We are one of the 22 that lost out. While I'd like to have had this guy choose Auburn, it's not like we are unique in not getting him. Did the other 21 who didn't land him also have Old Man Grimes recruiting for them?

Really? This is what you are resorting to? 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Funny how these are all offensive recruits. Tells you something. 

Que?

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Que? What? You think we are clean?

As a whistle. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mikey said:

Did the other 21 who didn't land him also have Old Man Grimes recruiting for them?

I just occurred to me why our OL recruiting has been off......Grimes is too busy torpedoing the OL recruiting of 20+ other schools to stay focused on AU. Poor guy is obviously working his a** off. And, it’s only May! WDE, JB!

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really? This is what you are resorting to? 

Resorting to what? 23 schools offered the guy a scholarship. AU is one of the 22 that got rejected. It happens. It's time to go find another one.

Should we make a list of every 3* and above prospect in the nation and gripe about their position coach when they choose to go somewhere else? That's a lot of bellyachin', even for this message board.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Resorting to what? 23 schools offered the guy a scholarship. AU is one of the 22 that got rejected. It happens. It's time to go find another one.

Should we make a list of every 3* and above prospect in the nation and gripe about their position coach when they choose to go somewhere else? That's a lot of bellyachin', even for this message board.

It didn't come down to 23 schools. Don't be as dumb about this as you are on OL numbers. Came down to 3 schools. LSU won. No position coach on this team is getting turned down at a alarming rate as out OL coach and Gus. Gus is balls deep in this mess also. Yeah it's time to find another one. Thing is, we need more than just one good OT this cycle. Need at least 3. We are getting one, unless bama really turns the heat up and make this interesting.

I hate we lost Martinez. Ratings be damned. He’s a stud. Still, assuming we land Cohen, we’re off to a pretty good start. I wish we’d thrown our body at Josh Braun, but I don’t think that’s happening. Still a bunch of very good players on the shopping list though. 

Archived