Baseball vs. Central Florida Game 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The gators have started out slow before. They have a way of turning it on full blast when it really counts.

Didn’t we get them early last year and sweep?

Nice win for the boys of summer!

Image result for corgis playing baseball

Good win...Hitting not impressive but pitching was good...especially TB.   Good AU support including Casey Mize I think...as someone noted earlier..he looks more powerful...

44 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Didn’t we get them early last year and sweep?

Two years ago in Gainesville no less.

Losing India and Schwartz will be tough to overcome...when your best players are the hardest working and most humble the results are what they've experienced the last three years.  They also lost some serious talent and leadership off that pitching staff.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good win...Hitting not impressive but pitching was good...especially TB.   Good AU support including Casey Mize I think...as someone noted earlier..he looks more powerful...

Did you get some peanuts and cracker jacks?  Sounds like the weather was what you were hoping for.

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Did you get some peanuts and cracker jacks?  Sounds like the weather was what you were hoping for.

Well its 75 at the moment so i have a feeling 64 is feeling good

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Tigers train in Lakeland only 40 minutes from Orl.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/02/22/top-pick-casey-mize-has-up-and-down-outing-as-detroit-tigers-romp/2950443002/

I should have bought tickets and made the trip over for at least one game this weekend, would have been a little fun!  However, would have hated being in the car for 4 hours round trip.

10 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I should have bought tickets and made the trip over for at least one game this weekend, would have been a little fun!  However, would have hated being in the car for 4 hours round trip.

Beats my 16hr  RT..on the hell known as I-95...but I get big improvement in weather at least...

21 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Just the $4 cracker jacks...major ripoff concession prices....but great weather.

Check out the weather listing from tonight's box score...pretty sure @AU64 does.....

# 15 AUBURN (5-1) -VS- UCF (4-1)

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
 Auburn 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 4 5 1
UCF 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 2

W: Burns, Tanner (1-0)  L:Schuermann G (0-1) S: Greenhill, Cody (1)

https://auburntigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=11235&path=baseball

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Beats my 16hr  RT..on the hell known as I-95...but I get big improvement in weather at least...

True but if you plan on staying for a couple of days...that would be worth it.  I also don't like 95...drive 75 in this Tampa traffic every day which takes me over an hour each way...hate the daily drive...

8 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

True but if you plan on staying for a couple of days...that would be worth it.  I also don't like 95...drive 75 in this Tampa traffic every day which takes me over an hour each way...hate the daily drive...

I live in an area where five cars in a line at a light is "traffic congestion"....really out of practice driving six lane roads ...like through Jax.

We will see all three games and meanwhile my wife's job is to find a route home that does not involve I-95 or Jax.😊

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I live in an area where five cars in a line at a light is "traffic congestion"....really out of practice driving six lane roads ...like through Jax.

We will see all three games and meanwhile my wife's job is to find a route home that does not involve I-95 or Jax.😊

You can scoot west over to U.S. 19 and sail without traffic a long way through Florida. There's a bypass around Tallahassee. The view and empty spaces are worth it. However, eventually Atlanta and I-75 will have to be dealt with. The next problem area is Charlotte on I-85. This route is longer, but it's more fun to me. 19 from Spring Hill to Albany Georgia is a nice drive without much hassle.

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

So where do you live?  There are many different routes that can be nice, depends on where you are driving to post Orlando.

Archived