Random States talk & Trivia

ellitor

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

???

Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico are sometimes referred to as the Four Corners. There's a small monument that actually resides in all four states.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico are sometimes referred to as the Four Corners. There's a small monument that actually resides in all four states.

tenor.gif

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Been there, done that!

What state(s) in the USA touches the most states?  I know it, but wanted to see if the rest of the gang knows this!

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Been there, done that!

What state(s) in the USA touches the most states?  I know it, but wanted to see if the rest of the gang knows this!

You would think Texas or California 

OK folks....The states are Tennessee and Mizzou, each touch 8 states!

What 2 states do not touch any other states?

Image result for corgis surfing

On 2/22/2019 at 8:18 PM, doc4aday said:

What 2 states do not touch any other states?

Image result for corgis surfing

Hawaii and Alaska.

How many states have you lived in?

For me, 11 -- Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, California, Washington state, Illinois, NY, Hawaii, Colorado.

14 hours ago, AURex said:

For me, 11 -- Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, California, Washington state, Illinois, NY, Hawaii, Colorado.

Virginia, Mississippi, Nebraska, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Plus 2 years in Seoul.

I've visited 43 states, DC, Puerto Rico and Guam. (I don't count New Jersey because I flew into Newark and immediately hopped a cab to New York.) So I've still got NJ, Nevada (never been to Vegas!), Alaska, the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Rhode Island to go. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Virginia, Mississippi, Nebraska, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Plus 2 years in Seoul.

I've visited 43 states, DC, Puerto Rico and Guam. (I don't count New Jersey because I flew into Newark and immediately hopped a cab to New York.) So I've still got NJ, Nevada (never been to Vegas!), Alaska, the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Rhode Island to go. 

I've visited most states as well, although like you, have never been to either of the Dakotas, and have missed Maine and Alaska. Never been to PR or Guam either.

Ha! I've never been to Vegas either, and I own a timeshare condo there! hahaha  I never intend to actually go there. It's just a rental for me.

States lived in AL, GA, FL, MS, NJ, NE, NY, SC, only 8 states but the situation is 3 times in GA, 5 times in FL, 2 times SC, and finally 2 times in NJ

On 3/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, SaturdayGT said:

In the continental US, what state has more shoreline than any other state?

I want to say it's Minnesota or maybe Michigan, but I'm pretty sure that it's a state that has more lake shoreline than any other state does coastal shoreline?

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I want to say it's Minnesota or maybe Michigan, but I'm pretty sure that it's a state that has more lake shoreline than any other state does coastal shoreline?

I ran across this once years ago, and the answer I got was Michigan. ...I googled this after I asked it to be sure, but Im now getting conflicting info.  Alaska by far has the most, but as far as the lower 48, it seems like you get either Florida or Michigan, and in one instance Ive seen Minnesota.....This really didnt turn out to be as good of a trivia question as I thought it would! LOL

10 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I ran across this once years ago, and the answer I got was Michigan. ...I googled this after I asked it to be sure, but Im now getting conflicting info.  Alaska by far has the most, but as far as the lower 48, it seems like you get either Florida or Michigan, and in one instance Ive seen Minnesota.....This really didnt turn out to be as good of a trivia question as I thought it would! LOL

Its Fl damn it.............

On 2/27/2019 at 5:04 PM, AURex said:

Only two, Alabama and Georgia, but have visited all 50.

Which state has the most rainfall annually? Which stateS have the most rainfall annually.

And just to be helpful, if your first impulse is Seattle/Washington state, the answer is NO! Not even CLOSE!

Make a guess.

lived in va, nc, sc, ga, ala, miss...….visited 43 states...missed AK and Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Dakotas.  Hope to get all the continental states before I go.  Need to take a trip out west soon and wrap up that group of states.  

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Which state has the most rainfall annually? Which stateS have the most rainfall annually.

And just to be helpful, if your first impulse is Seattle/Washington state, the answer is NO! Not even CLOSE!

Make a guess.

Mobile ?  Well not a state but seems it rained all the time while I was living there...or at least it came in really bit batches...

Archived