Baseball vs Central FL Game 3

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I got that too...went downtown Sunday to meet my uncle at the Peach Valley Café for breakfast.....can't imagine how anyone working downtown survives that day after day. 

Peach Valley good b'fast

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, toddc said:

So is Huntsville Space and Rocket Ceter where I live in Athens Al a few miles west of there.

I'll have to try that....what amazed me at KSC was the size and scale of the launch pads and assembly buildings.   An amazing operation....and now with Boeing andSpaceX on the site it's good to see the commercialization of space exploration and exploitation. 

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'll have to try that....what amazed me at KSC was the size and scale of the launch pads and assembly buildings.   An amazing operation....and now with Boeing andSpaceX on the site it's good to see the commercialization of space exploration and exploitation. 

They have a full Saturn 5 rocket outside of HSRC right next to I-565 and it is huge!

Well UCF just beat Florida 12-9. UCF had 14 hits. Florida got four of their runs off a grand slam after the ucf pitcher walked three (I think he hit the first two ). It was a great game.

11 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Well UCF just beat Florida 12-9. UCF had 14 hits. Florida got four of their runs off a grand slam after the ucf pitcher walked three (I think he hit the first two ). It was a great game.

UCF has some good bats...their pitching was questionable to me....middle to upper 80s was the best I saw.   

The game that Burns pitched against them was outstanding.....considering what UCF has done this season. 

I thought TB got a quick hook after that 2 out hit in the 6th though I note he had 96 pitches.   His only earned run was from the hits given up by Anderson who was in and out of trouble for his stint. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

I thought TB got a quick hook after that 2 out hit in the 6th though I note he had 96 pitches.   

Fans will continue to hate question Butch (and Steve Smith) for this...the parents of those kids and especially the big league teams that draft them will grow in their admiration for him.  One of the most unselfish coaches you will ever see with respect to how he handles pitchers.

16 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Fans will continue to hate question Butch (and Steve Smith) for this...the parents of those kids and especially the big league teams that draft them will grow in their admiration for him.  One of the most unselfish coaches you will ever see with respect to how he handles pitchers.

JMO but that had nothing to do with protecting his arm.  Otherwise, where do you start?  could have pulled him at the end of the 5th when he was pitcher of record and would have gotten the win.....or anywhere there after.   TB had totally dominated UCF and the way he was pitching was probably only a couple of pitches from closing out the inning.   

I know it's a judgment call and BT is cautious but unless there was some "health" issue,  there was no particular reason to remove him at the time he did.   And as it turned out, the reliever was knocked around and only a great defensive play saved the game for TB. 

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

...unless there was some "health" issue,  there was no particular reason to remove him at the time he did. 

You’re kidding, right?  There’s always a health issue when you’re dealing with (potential million dollar) arms.  Some pitches are far more stressful than others. UCF the second weekend of the season is of absolutely no consequence. Vision at the highest level is a beautiful yet, obviously, mysterious thing. 

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You’re kidding, right?  There’s always a health issue when you’re dealing with (potential million dollar) arms.  Some pitches are far more stressful than others. UCF the second weekend of the season is of absolutely no consequence. Vision at the highest level is a beautiful yet, obviously, mysterious thing. 

exactly. And, the only way he get's these other pitchers ready, and for BT to see who he can rely on when it gets to the SEC, is to put them in, in all kinds of situations. 

Burns had already thrown over 95 pitches by then, and I always think that BT, if he has one greater strength, it is knowing what to do with his pitchers. And Anderson is one our key relievers we will be counting on, so putting him in was a confident move, even he did get knocked around a little. That's baseball.

Hard to question that move this early in the preseason....

Archived