2019 Judi Garmin Classic Fullerton, California

Maresette with a leadoff double, Crack bunts her to third and is safe herself.

McCrackin steals second, and takes 3d on an error by ss.  Maresette scores.  Rivera with a bunt single, then Veach doubles, scoring McCrackin .

New pitcher coming in.  5-1 Auburn.

Auburn tallies two more on a TanSnow sac fly and a Dowell groundout.  7-1 Auburn going to bot 7.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runners on 1st and 2d with one out, due to a walk and an error by Dowell.

But a flyball and a groundout end it, 7-1 Auburn.  Good outing by Handley and a nice save by Swindle.  Maresette finally playing a part on this team, two hits in this game.  She is also vying for that DP spot, I think.  Auburn had 11 hits in this game, but it surely didn't seem like it most of the way.

Great start to this classic.  This lineup could be a nightmare for opposing pitchers if they continue to manufacture runs the way they are right now.  

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Great start to this classic.  This lineup could be a nightmare for opposing pitchers if they continue to manufacture runs the way they are right now.  

Much better at the plate than last season.  Very glad to see it.  I was ready for Ketelhut to go after last season. 

On 2/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, around4ever said:

I would go with MM in game 1 against Loyola just to get her in game mode.  If it goes as expected, pull her after 4 or 5 innings.  Go with one of the lefties against UTSA.  Only use MM on Friday to close if needed.  Save her for UCLA on Saturday.  

Obviously, Coach Dean read my post and liked my thinking.  You're welcome, Coach.  Call me anytime if you need advice. 

😂  😉

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Much better at the plate than last season.  Very glad to see it.  I was ready for Ketelhut to go after last season. 

Coach K just needed an offseason to work with the girls apparently.  They look much more disciplined. 

Apparently FloSoftball owns the exclusive TV rights.  The price isn't too bad, but I hear grumblings about the quality.  Definitely not ESPN level.  I was getting everything from LiveStats.  

Taylon's back, Makayla Martin starting. Maresette was great yesterday, I'm worried about her vs better defenses like Oregon, not sure why she was leadoff yesterday either. GL Tigers!

aaaaaaassss.jpg

Scoreless through 1, we're facing their #1 Dail as expected. Good approaches Auburn, everyone made Dail through a strike which I think is right.

Bad coaching by CMD already, stealing with Maresette who is not a good base stealer against their catcher who has thrown out 7! of 13 runners this year, now 8 of 14, BM was out by a mile.

2 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

What is up with McCrackin?  4 strikeouts in her last 5 plate appearances - the 5th a bunt (one that worked). 

Tough pitches for her, first one was a strike low outside corner, 2nd same spot but more outside, called a strike but was a ball. Last pitch was  low inside corner, swing and miss.

She is swinging and missing a fair bit, even when she was hot I have an AB imprinted in my mind where she swung and missed at two straight outside strikes that looked very straight, then hitting a double.

:party:   McCrackin delvers.....double and 2 RBI....to give AU the lead 

14 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Ok let’s start talking about some other players bad at bats if we get that kind of result😬

I'll oblige, both of Tannon's ABs today were horrendous.

Just shoot me, CMD calls another 1st and 3rd play with Maresette on 3rd, and she gets thrown out again!!!

5-0 Auburn after 4.

Tannon is the defensive MVP thus far this game, multiple solid plays.

The line came up on LiveStats "McCrackin stole second" and I thought, "All right!  He didn't try to send Maresette this time."  Then the next line came up.  Hey Mickey, that high school play isn't going to work against good teams.

Oregon has their problems but this is a really good win IMO.....a walk-off in bottom of 5th....8-0    some great hitting against what is supposed to be their best pitcher and MM had a great outing and should be fresh for the future after a short game. 

We will have to wait for another game and a different result for me to be too upset with Dean (keep in mind I know nothing about softball, just love Auburn sports)

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

We will have to wait for another game and a different result for me to be too upset with Dean (keep in mind I know nothing about softball, just love Auburn sports)

JMO but it took him last season to adapt to the SEC and level of play he would see every day.   He had a great pitcher at his previous post and was able to ride her talent against only occasional tough competition.     All coaches make mistakes and it's easy to isolate on a particular play or strategy that does not work out....JMO but you have to look at things in totality and at the end of a game. 

Thus far, hitting looks lightyears better than last season.....and good to see that.   Likely won't be that way in the SEC but should be quite a step up from last season. 

Archived