2019 Judi Garmin Classic Fullerton, California

Just now, AU64 said:

JMO but it took him last season to adapt to the SEC and level of play he would see every day.   He had a great pitcher at his previous post and was able to ride her talent against only occasional tough competition.     All coaches make mistakes and it's easy to isolate on a particular play or strategy that does not work out....JMO but you have to look at things in totality and at the end of a game. 

Thus far, hitting looks lightyears better than last season.....and good to see that.   Likely won't be that way in the SEC but should be quite a step up from last season. 

I’m thinking these next two games will really tell us a lot bc both would be considered SEC caliber.   I just wanted to see progress this year. This team had a lot to overcome (off the field). So far, I see progress. Long way to go but ok so far for me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand some of his game management decisions.  Nevertheless, I'm thrilled to get a run-rule over Oregon; and I'm really liking Maresette in that leadoff spot.  Two for three today with a walk and the GWRBI.  And I do have to  tip my cap re the hitting.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oregon has their problems but this is a really good win IMO.....a walk-off in bottom of 5th....8-0    some great hitting against what is supposed to be their best pitcher and MM had a great outing and should be fresh for the future after a short game. 

The RPI isn´t out yet, but I imagine this will be a really strong win come season´s end. Oregon beat LSU and has played a very strong schedule. 

Announcer said today there is a 90% chance of rain for tomorrow at the Classic. Sure do hope we get to play UCLA.

Who will starting pitcher be against Washington ?

27 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Announcer said today there is a 90% chance of rain for tomorrow at the Classic. Sure do hope we get to play UCLA.

Who will starting pitcher be against Washington ?

Lexie is starting. 

Well crap.  Plain walks the bases full with one out, then induces a popup from Podany, and strikes out Maresette on 3 pitches.

Tan Snow having a big week at the plate......showing what we were hoping to see last year.....AU really needs to get some runs however....LOBs show they can get on base…..need some timely hits....

Another run scored by AU.....trailing 4-2 and Udub replaced their ace pitcher.....and AU working to get back into the game....getting runners on base....just need a dinger here to change the game... 

Snow hits the dinger I just forecast...….well, was asking for.... AU up 5-4

3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

think we'll see Martin now in the 6th.  Guessing Tarr regrets taking Plain out.

probably but AU was giving her trouble too so you never know.   The replacement was apparently a strikeout ace...so guess that's what they were looking for...

Need to shut the huskies down from here.....and it's Martin as you predicted....

AU did not score in bottom of 6th.....Udub with their final chance ….Martin in the circle...leading 5-4..

first batter doubles...runner on second...no outs    

Washington managed to get the runner around to tie the game at 5.....close play at the plate got MD upset but to no avail

Next batter singles and AU / Marin in trouble....a K would be really big here.

FC on bouncer to Martin ...got lead runner so 2 outs..

Washington scores on a ground ball to second base with runner on third and one out. McCrackin went home with it. Bowen made it sound like the home plate ump completely missed the call at the plate. 5-5 two outs now.

OK...AU got out of the inning with no more damage....3 hits but only one run.

AU up bottom of 7th.....have the big guns coming to the plate...Veach , Snow and Perry.....need a run to win it...

Veach and Snow lead off with singles....Perry up ...no outs winning run on second..

FC and lead runner is gotten....still two runners on base.....Fortis to bat....

OUCH...two on and no outs...could not get a run across...so go to the 8th.....

Not sure what's going on AU with runner on second to start the inning

Wash puts their starter back into the game for this situation...Podany on 

Archived