2019 Judi Garmin Classic Fullerton, California

22 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Had to put my mind into math mode. Agree about Michigan.  Going into the Judi Garmin Classic, on paper they did not look like any kind of a threat to those teams.  

On 3/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

No , 1/6th of a second.  .55 minus .39 = .16.  That's about a sixth of a second.

Michigan had some rather bad losses early.  Surprised they were able to beat two Top 10 teams.  Hutchins has some magic, I guess.

Garcia did not pitch for UCLA, and neither Plain nor Alvelo pitched for Washington so the Wolverines got a bit of a break in the pitching matchups. Michigan´s lefty, Beaubien, however gives them a chance whenever she pitches (which is a lot). 

If you look at the tournament schedule, Auburn and Florida had some pretty tough draws. For example, I am certain Garcia would´ve pitched against us if we played UCLA because they had LMU scheduled later that day. Maybe the rainout was a blessing if we meet UCLA later??? 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good observations.   Also, Tennessee's games with Oregon and Michigan were rained out, so they wound up playing New Mexico, UTSA, and Loyola, I think.

Archived