Pro Day March 8th

auburnphan

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What gives?

Having your pro day 4 days after the combine ends?   9-10 days at the earliest.  Any athlete slightly tweaks something at combine, now has no chance to show out.   Athletes get  limited time to train together, QB/WRs.  No time for guys to decompress and attack pro day.   I think it is a kick to the balls for the players and their agents.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:37 PM, auburnphan said:

I swear we have only  morons running the football program

Not as big of morons as that Alabama University. You see their pro day last year was the 7th???!!!

They'll never make it as a football program making those stupid decisions.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:37 PM, auburnphan said:

I swear we have only  morons running the football program

Our insiders are so opinionated. Are there any insiders that love Gus?

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Not as big of morons as that Alabama University. You see their pro day last year was the 7th???!!!

They'll never make it as a football program making those stupid decisions.

and they had a second pro day March 28th to give  their top prospects more time to train and improve upon their combine numbers, thanks for playing.  Nice try.

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Our insiders are so opinionated. Are there any insiders that love Gus?

Only us outsiders love CGM! 😝 By definition if you love CGM you’re an outsider, on the forum anyway!

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

and they had a second pro day March 28th to give  their top prospects more time to train and improve upon their combine numbers, thanks for playing.  Nice try.

Who the hell does two pro days these days? What was the purpose of the first one then?

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

+1

It's funny when I see someone question their program relative to preparing players for the draft.  Like that operation is not already a factory with direct lines to NFL scouts & pro coaches year 'round.  Some will question why they held 2 pro days for their players, like the little Nazi doesn't know what he's doing or hasn't canvased the major nfl scouts to provide them with every possible bit of information they need to evaluate and analyze his players. 

34 minutes ago, keesler said:

Some will question why they held 2 pro days

When the only question should be, "Why aren't we doing that, too?"

Maybe there's a good reason, but the question needs to be asked. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

?????

Lmao....I was expecting some info given about the pro day.....Instead of that,it was "We got morons running the football program!" and that was all. ahaha Just made me laugh.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

+1

It's funny when I see someone question their program relative to preparing players for the draft.  Like that operation is not already a factory with direct lines to NFL scouts & pro coaches year 'round.  Some will question why they held 2 pro days for their players, like the little Nazi doesn't know what he's doing or hasn't canvased the major nfl scouts to provide them with every possible bit of information they need to evaluate and analyze his players. 

I don't think Mims was questioning Alabama's program.  He was being sarcastic that our program isn't being run by a bunch of idiots to select their Pro Day when they did.  He isn't the type of poster to do that.  Very light-hearted. 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, abw0004 said:

I don't think Mims was questioning Alabama's program.  He was being sarcastic that our program isn't being run by a bunch of idiots to select their Pro Day when they did.  He isn't the type of poster to do that.  Very light-hearted. 

FYI - My response was to aujeff, who asked "Who the hell does two pro days these days, what was the purpose of doing the first?"

Saban can be analyzed and criticized about a ton of stuff.  But his attention to detail, connections to the NFL and his approach to preparing his players to standout for an nfl scout is not something that can be questioned, JMHO.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, WhoDatWarEagle said:

Lmao....I was expecting some info given about the pro day.....Instead of that,it was "We got morons running the football program!" and that was all. ahaha Just made me laugh.

WE GOT MORONS RUNNING The Football program!!! :popcorn:lol

On 2/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, keesler said:

+1

Apparently Alabama is having a Junior Pro Day today.   Hope AG is paying attention,  he needs to get on top of this.

44 minutes ago

Alabama WR Henry Ruggs clocked by NFL scouts in the mid-4.2's at UA's junior pro day, per report. Has averaged close to 17 ypc for his career. Blazer.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

tbis was a little surprising 

Ah, so this is why he didn't run at the combine. He plays much faster than his 40 time indicates that's for sure. And he can stop on a dime

On 2/27/2019 at 11:45 AM, McLoofus said:

When the only question should be, "Why aren't we doing that, too?"

We should be college football trailblazers and do 10 pro days. 

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

tbis was a little surprising 

More of agility guy I say. Still, that hurts.

Archived