2020 4* LB Desmond Tisdol Commits to AU!

ellitor

5 offers including AU, South Carolina, & Florida
Believed to be a top AU target
AU, Carolina, & Purdue stand out
Stock rising
Had a great visit to AU last weekend

Is he expected to get any bigger? I know a player doesn't necessarily have to be 6'2-6'3 to play the inside backer position (hello, Sam Mills!), but generally LBs in the SEC are taller than 6'0.

26 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is he expected to get any bigger? I know a player doesn't necessarily have to be 6'2-6'3 to play the inside backer position (hello, Sam Mills!), but generally LBs in the SEC are taller than 6'0.

Most players late in their JR year are expected to get taller. Whether he does remains to be seen. AU likes him as 1 of the 2 inside LBs FWIW.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

great highlight film. He is tenacious and stays with the play until the whistle blows. I would hope we could win out against USC for him. 

He has a knack for ending up with the ball in his hands which we've been missing for a while.  I'd love to see him paired up with OP!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

OP is an OLB for us FWIW.

Think he was saying he'd like to see Tisdol and OP on the field at the same time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Think he was saying he'd like to see Tisdol and OP on the field at the same time.

I know & it was worded in a way that sounded like both at LB. My point of saying what I did is the OLB in Steele's system only plays about 20% of a game. In his 4-2-5 system the 2 LBs are ILBs. I can see OP getting a number of other snaps though as an extra safety on the field though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know & it was worded in a way that sounded like both at LB. My point of saying what I did is the OLB in Steele's system only plays about 20% of a game. In his 4-2-5 system the 2 LBs are ILBs. I can see OP getting a number of other snaps though as an extra safety on the field though.

Atkinson got way more than 20% of snaps last year. D. Davis, D. Williams and M. Atkinson were the starters and all three were out there at the same time a lot. We have three LB's on the field a significant amount of the time.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

You correctly assumed what I meant.  Would love to see two guys with that athleticism and nose for the ball on the field at the same time, regardless of what we call the position.

• Like 1

First visit puts Tigers at top for Georgia linebacker

T6aczwasc0f1suiermzv

Rivals.com

Wilcox County (Ga.) linebacker Desmond Tisdol took his first visit to Auburn last weekend.

It was the only visit Tisdol needed to put the Tigers at the top.

“Auburn is No. 1 for me,” Tisdol said. “It’s a great atmosphere and a great place for me to fit in. It was my first time visiting, but I could definitely see myself there.”

Tisdol and his parents spent the better part of Saturday in Auburn.

“We went around campus, saw the dorms and talked to all of the coaches,” Tisdol said. “I was able to talk to the coaches and build good relationships with them.”

Tisdol met with all of the coaches, including area recruiter Kenny Dillingham and linebackers coach Travis Williams. Auburn is recruiting Tisdol to play inside linebacker.

“The relationships I have with the coaches is the main reason Auburn is at the top,” Tisdol said. “Coach T-Will is great. He’s a great guy and shows a lot of energy to everybody. I also like Coach Dillingham.”

Tisdol’s other favorites include South Carolina, Florida and Purdue. He has an offer from each. He plans to make a commitment in the summer, but not before he returns to Auburn.

“I’ll be back during my spring break, which I think is at the end of March,” Tisdol said. “I really like it at Auburn.”

• Thanks 1

This guy has a nose for the football. His Jr film is very long; means he made a ton of plays. Impressive.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looks like he won't get a spot at AU. Hate that. Kid loves AU and is going to be good.

So we're planning to take Steiner instead?

11 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

So we're planning to take Steiner instead?

Yep.   Been covered on the 2020 recruiting thread and may be in the Steiner thread also.  If we take another potential linebacker it will be at the Buck with either Philip Webb or Donell Harris.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yep.   Been covered on the 2020 recruiting thread and may be in the Steiner thread also.  If we take another potential linebacker it will be at the Buck with either Philip Webb or Donell Harris.

I think I would much rather have Steiner...

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

I think I would much rather have Steiner...

He has a lot of speed and I love that but that doesn’t always mean the prospect  will turn out to be the best linebacker. Frost was a freak athlete and really wasn’t good at linebacker till his senior year.