2020 4* LB Desmond Tisdol Commits to AU!

ellitor

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thought you hadn't put pencil yo paper yet?...:tease:

Apparently I didn't have to. Quoting myself from above: "  27 or 28 is what I'm thinking."

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

If he will commit, we should take him.  I'd rather have a stud linebacker now than a possible 7th OL slot or 5th DB slot that we may or may not be able to fill with a quality player.

Remember. We only use a 2 LB scheme 80-85% of the time. For this class we have or 2 primary LBs in Simpson & Steiner, plus our SAM/Money backer in Riley. Would love to take him but the need just isn't there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sure Bird will fight you on DBs....

Not with this class. 1 underated HS CB and S with high potential and 1 high level Juco CB...then attack next year

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Remember. We only use a 2 LB scheme 80-85% of the time. For this class we have or 2 primary LBs in Simpson & Steiner, plus our SAM/Money backer in Riley. Would love to take him but the need just isn't there.

Quoting Coach T-Will from his remarks on recruiting in this forum: " Last year, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, A&M … that’s four teams that we played with three linebackers. You’re going to need ‘em."

So, we use two LB except when we're playing a top quality team, then we use three? Sounds to me like the game programs were correct when they listed M. Atkinson, D. Williams and D. Davis all three as starting linebackers.

If you're going to need to run three LB's in the toughest games of the year, then you better recruit for three LB's.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:32 AM, Mikey said:

Quoting Coach T-Will from his remarks on recruiting in this forum: " Last year, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, A&M … that’s four teams that we played with three linebackers. You’re going to need ‘em."

So, we use two LB except when we're playing a top quality team, then we use three? Sounds to me like the game programs were correct when they listed M. Atkinson, D. Williams and D. Davis all three as starting linebackers.

If you're going to need to run three LB's in the toughest games of the year, then you better recruit for three LB's.

Crazy that a linebacker coach would be advertising a need for linebackers.

I'm curious how many plays during those games we actually had 3 true LBs in. TWill mentioned LSU. I admit to not making it past the 1st quarter with this video but I didn't see many 3 LB sets.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm curious how many plays during those games we actually had 3 true LBs in. TWill mentioned LSU. I admit to not making it past the 1st quarter with this video but I didn't see many 3 LB sets.

Apparently you think your google search is more reliable than what the guy coaching the position says. I take it that T-Will is the pack's hero until his statement doesn't fit the mantra, then his word is disregarded?

I liked T-Will as a player and like him as a coach, he's doing a fantastic job. Therefore, if he says we played/planned/whatever to use three LB's in our toughest games I'll believe him.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Apparently you think your google search is more reliable than what the guy coaching the position says. I take it that T-Will is the pack's hero until his statement doesn't fit the mantra, then his word is disregarded?

I liked T-Will as a player and like him as a coach, he's doing a fantastic job. Therefore, if he says we played/planned/whatever to use three LB's in our toughest games I'll believe him.

Scary that you don't know the difference between a Google search and a Youtube video. Like, your whole post was utter rubbish. Straight clown town. All your moves on display in just a few sentences. 

But you don't know the difference between Google and Youtube? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

A battle royale shaping up: Wolfpack vs Snarky Luddites. I’ll hang up and watch 😃

Naw Brother. You’re in the pack. LOL

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Naw Brother. You’re in the pack. LOL

Oh, my sympathies definitely run with the Pack, even if I’m not in the inner circle with @McLoofus and @GwillMac6, lol. I howl in support

02D0185A-5552-4711-A5C8-DDECEF50E665.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fredst said:

A battle royale shaping up: Wolfpack vs Snarky Luddites. I’ll hang up and watch 😃

Careful, somebody's going to demand that you provide a dictionary definition of "snarky" and "luddite". If you don't, they'll say you made it up. And if you do, they'll ask you if you think your Google search is more reliable than Pat Dye's ability to know the location of his pants at all times. 

*Ice rattles in a tumbler*
*A cloud of dust blows by, 3 yards at a time*
*A deep voice, so weary it's as if it's been wrestling with angels*

"Now you just leave me the hell out of this, cuz."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh, my sympathies definitely run with the Pack, even if I’m not in the inner circle with @McLoofus and @GwillMac6, lol. I howl in support

What the hell you talking about, not in the inner circle??

Image result for dire wolf gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

YOU NOT IN THE INNER CIRCLE?!?!?! BROTHER YOU RUNNING THE WHOLE DANG SHOW Mr Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

tr.gif

• Love 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What the hell you talking about, not in the inner circle??

Image result for dire wolf gif

You know nothing, Jon Snow....

1 minute ago, fredst said:

You know nothing, Jon Snow....

Dude. I just read that in my mind in her voice and uh, yeah, I miss that character. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I loved  Igrid. Really hated when she got the arrow through her heart😢

Speaking of an arrow through the heart.........just for you fredst

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Speaking of an arrow through the heart.........just for you fredst

Nice. That was my senior year in high school😛; gotta love a video with Uncle Miltie in it. I would also suggest this to honor Igrid:

Edited by fredst
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

bob.gif

On 7/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, GwillMac6 said:

bob.gif

Baby steps. 

Side note: Why isn't 'Fire Lake' up there with Seger's other big hits?

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Baby steps. 

Side note: Why isn't 'Fire Lake' up there with Seger's other big hits?

Loofy!!!!!!! YES!!! You are asking all the right questions!!!!! lol

• Thanks 1

I can still play the bass guitar with the best of them!  When there is no Brave's game on TV and the same for Auburn sports, I like to play along with the 60s & 70s music on DirecTV, and play along with them on my Music Man Ray34 Bass through my 500 watt Fender bass amp. Fun stuff no doubt. I do love my church music the best though, but some of that music is down right hard to play for these old fingers and ancient mind!

• Like 3