2020 4* LB Desmond Tisdol Commits to AU!

ellitor

2 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Will Tisdol be the one to fill the 3rd linebacker slot?

We've kept in touch with Tisdol and had him on campus as recently as the MSU game. He has wanted to commit to AU for some time now. I hope we go ahead and take this guy that wants to be here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Will Tisdol be the one to fill the 3rd linebacker slot?

When the staff is ready to move on from Simpson yes.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

We've kept in touch with Tisdol and had him on campus as recently as the MSU game. He has wanted to commit to AU for some time now. I hope we go ahead and take this guy that wants to be here.

Actually he came on his own & not from an AU invite. Glad he did. He loves some AU!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* LB Desmond Tisdol
Just now, ellitor said:

Actually he came on his own & not from an AU invite. Glad he did. He loves some AU!

I'd be at his school this morning with a commitable offer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Says a lot for the state of LB recruiting when a 4* stud like Tisdol is willing to wait for us.  

This could end up a net win. Yes, that is a very O&B shades sentiment. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what these emojis mean? Keith said the tweet does have to do with Simpson decommitting FWIW.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Does anyone know what these emojis mean? Keith said the tweet does have to do with Simpson decommitting FWIW.

First one is mind blown for sure.  Second one is hoping maybe.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’d say first is mind blown, second is an emoji of like a wait and see. 

Keith got some Tisdol info right after Simpson's decommitment

-USCe leads but not ready to take him due to academics
-Tisdol said SCe has an old progress report & he would qualify
-Slowing his recruitment down to see what Auburn's plans are at LB.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Bet we end up with Tisdol within a month's time...

Assuming we like his grades.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Assuming we like his grades.

Looks like Ga Tech is after him? Doesn't necessarily mean anything but maybe it lends credence to the comment above that USC has bad intel on him. 

Really, truly trying to pump some sunshine into this whole affair. 

Full court press, grab the dude instantly and show him the love. Agreed it'll be nice having a guy who really wants to be here. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Full court press, grab the dude instantly and show him the love. Agreed it'll be nice having a guy who really wants to be here. 

I agree. I would have him committed ASAP. I would also continue to recruit Simpson. Numbers and projections be D$%#ed. Take them both if possible which I doubt. It's not like roster management is a concern...look at our OL recruiting this decade and you have evidence of this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It's not surprising that AU is no longer #1 with him. Tisdol has wanted to commit to AU since back in the summer and we won't take his commitment. We have been slow playing him instead. Even after Simpson bailed on us we still haven't given Tisdol a firm offer. I'd look elsewhere too.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It's not surprising that AU is no longer #1 with him. Tisdol has wanted to commit to AU since back in the summer and we won't take his commitment. We have been slow playing him instead. Even after Simpson bailed on us we still haven't given Tisdol a firm offer. I'd look elsewhere too.

I thought Tisdol was the one who was slow playing it? The coaches told Steiner and Tisdol there was 1 spot and whoever wanted it could get it. And Steiner jumped ahead and committed, at least that’s what I thought 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Hate this. Really like Tisdol and wish we'd give him a shot. I know we want a QB and some DLs but this guy would be fantastic

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I thought Tisdol was the one who was slow playing it?

Nope. He tried to commit three different times, 2 before Steiner commuted, but Auburn would not take it.

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The coaches told Steiner and Tisdol there was 1 spot and whoever wanted it could get it. And Steiner jumped ahead and committed, at least that’s what I thought

There was one spot at the time but Steiner had priority as it turns out as he was higher on the staff’s board.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hate this. Really like Tisdol and wish we'd give him a shot. I know we want a QB and some DLs but this guy would be fantastic

He still has to qualify wherever he signs for what it’s worth.

I don't understand this recruitment from our standpoint. I know we had guys higher on the board...I also know that we were "full" at LB, but this kid is a baller, seemed to love AU and had we taken his commitment we would still be rocking 3 solid LB recruits after Simp left. I mean, I know we don't want anyone to decommit and you plan the best you can but when you have a kid this good wanting to commit...why not take it. Find room...instead we will bring in some WR transfer that will never see the field to use that spot. Makes no sense. Is this CKS and Twill...or the man in charge?

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I never can understand the issue w/ wanting this guy, JUST b/c he wants to be at AU. 

If we need a QB now, and some DL, then why just go w/ an extra LB just b/c he wants to come? Plus, he is borderline grades according to those here.

To make it seem like our coaches don't know what they are doing seems a stretch(don't include OL recruiting in this..lol).

48 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Reminiscent of past offensive line recruiting, passing on serviceable recruits early in hopes of signing the big stud. When the stud commits elsewhere, the serviceable recruit is often no longer available either. 

That’s just part of recruiting. You’re supposed to go after the big fish. What if the big recruit wanted to come to us but our spots are already filled with just serviceable guys? You tell the big recruit to go somewhere else?

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't understand this recruitment from our standpoint. I know we had guys higher on the board...I also know that we were "full" at LB, but this kid is a baller, seemed to love AU and had we taken his commitment we would still be rocking 3 solid LB recruits after Simp left. I mean, I know we don't want anyone to decommit and you plan the best you can but when you have a kid this good wanting to commit...why not take it. Find room...instead we will bring in some WR transfer that will never see the field to use that spot. Makes no sense. Is this CKS and Twill...or the man in charge?

Have we forgotten he has grade concerns? No point in accepting a commitment from a kid unless you feel at least decently well that he will qualify. If he signs but doesn’t qualify it does us absolutely no good. I’m all for taking him if his grades pan out. Until then we need to be patient.