Kick 6 voted best finish to a sporting event!

GwillMac6

In the words of the legendary Neil Diamond: "Good times..gotta make em"

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Screenshot_20190227-190939~2.png

As it should be.

I think the '80 Hockey Team did well also against the Ruskies..  But if bama was playing the commies in something, I am pulling for commies for sure.

You know that Secretariat horse finished well, but that ending wasn't in doubt.  I still vote for that 2013 Auburn team and Chris Davis I guess.  

That Kick Six IB is my all time favorite, and 2010 is my second favorite. Both of those wins were epic, and the bammers will never get over either one of those games.

Often overlooked is the fact that Auburn had taken control of the game and was dominating. Before the kick attempt, I had a solid feeling that if the guy missed that kick we'd win in overtime. Still, the Kick 6 play was a thing of beauty.

i was fortunate to get mr davis rookie card autographed and the pic was of his run back. i paid six bucks and some change. i checked back later and they were all gone. but that is one of my fave auburn items and i have lots of auburn memorabilia ..........

I was there and it was unbelievable!

A side benefit ... their longest play from scrimmage - ever - the 99 yard touchdown pass - therefore can never be broken -  will be forever tied to their loss in the kick 6

On 3/2/2019 at 2:02 AM, Tigerbelle said:

That Kick Six IB is my all time favorite, and 2010 is my second favorite. Both of those wins were epic, and the bammers will never get over either one of those games.

TB can't leave out the Punt bama Punt game. Even though I was not there to see it because I was in the Marine Corps at the time but did see it on TV. What was funny is I left to go to the bathroom after the first blocked punt and when I returned I thought they were showing a rerun of the first blocked punt. I couldn't believe it was a second blocked punt for a TD. Both games are still unbelievable wins to me but the Kick Six I think is still #1. I'm still very proud to be an AU grad!!!

WDE

7 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

TB can't leave out the Punt bama Punt game. Even though I was not there to see it because I was in the Marine Corps at the time but did see it on TV. What was funny is I left to go to the bathroom after the first blocked punt and when I returned I thought they were showing a rerun of the first blocked punt. I couldn't believe it was a second blocked punt for a TD. Both games are still unbelievable wins to me but the Kick Six I think is still #1. I'm still very proud to be an AU grad!!!

WDE

I was there for the two blocked punts. Lots of fun in B'ham that night. Empty restaurants except for the Auburn fans celebrating. I can't say one game's ending was better than the other, but we don't have to pick just one! :)

7 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

WDE

Punt bama Punt was a great one......but it wasn't as big as the Camback and the Kick 6 IMHO. Everybody has favorites but it seems that the Kick 6 is the most popular favorite IB. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Punt bama Punt was a great one......but it wasn't as big as the Camback and the Kick 6 IMHO. Everybody has favorites but it seems that the Kick 6 is the most popular favorite IB. 

It was a different game.  The ‘72 game was won by special teams as our offense was totally shut down.  We managed just 3 points in the game prior to the blocks.  Those blocks force Bama to “throw” the ball and they didn’t do that very well during the wishbone era.  Each of these games were great, but when you witness the game and feel despair just prior to lightning striking twice, it tends to be your favorite.

Archived